It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Takes Back Gold: US Dollar Collapsing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I heard about this beforehand in context with other rumours but I didn't believe it.

Damn, there goes my chance to shine in the Predictions&Prophecies Forum.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The US cant let the runaway economic train slip out of their greedy lil hands and crash.

Otherwise, its lights out for the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by HenryNorris

It's official!

We suck!

Obama has really changed things.

Haha.. He's good but he's not THAT good.. He had help from Biden, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, papa Bush, and many more... I'm a Ron Paul guy myself, but this has been a long time coming.. A long time planned it seems..

edit on 1/16/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Don't forget ALL of Congress...thanks for posting the obvious that head in sand Party thinkers cannot comprehend that it is more than they current Administration.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
They are getting desperate they have to get the guns before currency collapse or the tables will be turned and they will become the hunted instead of the predators they have been...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by HenryNorris

It's official!

We suck!

Obama has really changed things.

It wasn't just obama.. it has been him and every administratrion before that has been leading us down this path.. both republican and democrat... stop drinking the koolaide of the left right paradigm

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This sounds a wee less conspiratorial

But the central bank came under pressure last year when Germany's independent Federal Auditors' Office last year concluded it failed to properly oversee its gold reserves. The auditor suggested the central bank should carry out regular inspections of the gold held abroad to verify its book value or change the reserves' management. The auditors' report stunned Germany, where the Bundesbank routinely tops polls of the nation's most trusted institutions. The central bank was taken aback and maintained it didn't see the need for more scrutiny in overseeing the reserves, saying "there is no doubt about the integrity of the foreign storage sites."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I tend to go with the less hair on fire stuff -- just me and Occam

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

But the central bank came under pressure last year when Germany's independent Federal Auditors' Office last year concluded it failed to properly oversee its gold reserves. The auditor suggested the central bank should carry out regular inspections of the gold held abroad to verify its book value or change the reserves' management. The auditors' report stunned Germany, where the Bundesbank routinely tops polls of the nation's most trusted institutions. The central bank was taken aback and maintained it didn't see the need for more scrutiny in overseeing the reserves, saying "there is no doubt about the integrity of the foreign storage sites."

What do you mean by less conspiratorial? There is no conspiracy it is well known the dollar is on life support. You think them wanting 200 billion in gold back in their hands is just a result of an management audit and nothing more?...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is old news.

There was another thread with this info.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Time to break out the gold colored tungsten bars

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Why is gold so valued? Because somehow, in the past, our ancestors have all decided that it was. Much like diamonds weren't truly appreciated until a few hundred years ago, it's because someone said so. If people weren't brainwashed into thinking that gold was the key to everything (unless it was sought and mined by aliens and so told to us that it was worth more than anything if they travelled interstellar to get it from earth, but that's a story for another time and post, I guess) we the people would be more likely to find personal value in our belongings and barter with one another based on real values of goods in hand or services. The role of the gold and the government is to keep the banking system in control of US the people who slave under it. We need to get back to living off what we can make and barter for so that everyone truly appreciates what they have. Inflated numbers in an inflated banking system on the verge of collapse due to the prospect of losing a pile of gold that we have never actually seen, seems like a failure from the start not to have tangible backing for our currency.

We have become so enslaved to the banks and global economies that when the monetary system collapses, most of us will not know how to acquire our basic needs and a lot of people may turn to force (guns, knives, other methods of intimidation) to get things. I do not own a gun but am not opposed to others exercising their rights, I would hate to see them used against me to take my things but I would never want the public to be without the option of having them. Who knows, I might just have to barter for one later.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
duplicate post removed
edit on Wed Jan 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

Here's an idea, maybe the gov't will find a way to raise the price of gold so much that we only have to give them a sizable fraction of what we owe, then when the gold somehow drops in value soon after they accept their shipment, Oops!, we can look back at how much we saved.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Chancellor Merkel: Hey Obama, we want our gold back

Obama: Come get it!

edit on 16-1-2013 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

What do you think the EURO is backed by, or any other currency for that matter. In fact, the US have more gold reserves than any other country and it isn't even close. 8 thousand tons, compared to Germany at 3k.

Also they are only taking 300 tons from the US, all of their gold stored in other countries is being taken back.

People keep talking about the dollar collapsing, but in truth it is still the strongest currency out there. It really isnt even close

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The Fed is printing 45 billion a month. No surprise.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by spyder550

What do you mean by less conspiratorial? There is no conspiracy it is well known the dollar is on life support. You think them wanting 200 billion in gold back in their hands is just a result of an management audit and nothing more?...

Lets get our fact straight. It is only 52 billion dollars in gold they are taking from the US. They are also not taking it all and are doing it by 2020.

Most people here didn't even read the article. It isn't even a big deal.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by hawkiye

What do you think the EURO is backed by, or any other currency for that matter. In fact, the US have more gold reserves than any other country and it isn't even close. 8 thousand tons, compared to Germany at 3k.

The US dollar is the international standard (right now) from which the value of most other world currencies are derived. The US dollar is not tied to its gold reserves, but rather to the global perception of its value. The threat to the US dollar comes from countries returning to a gold standard (or in any way pulling out of the US-dollar-standard), thereby reducing the perceived value of the US dollar. If no one is willing to take it in trade (or requires tremendous amounts of it in trade), then it becomes worthless. You could still pay other countries with gold, though... it just wouldn't help anyone with the little slips of paper that no one wants.

Picture "wheelbarrows full of cash" on a grocery run. It would not be the first time for such a collapse.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Diamonds aren't even a rare stone. Companies have a stranglehold on how much are released to the public in order to keep the prices of them high.

Basically, anytime someone finds a diamond mind, a major player in the diamond game comes in and buys it up. Then, they extract the stones and put them into a vault. This allows them to regulate the price and amount available.

It's a nice racket for those in control!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Seems it is to be over an eight year period involving three hundred tons...

hosted.ap.org...

"In a highly secure manner". My guess is by Aircraft Carrier?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

Wow so Germany has a gold reserve in excess of 3,000 tons spread around the world. That's over 24,000 London bars at aprox £420,000 per bar is £10,080,000,000 at a conservative estimate

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join