It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was blown away by this

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by RandyBragg

I'm not sure if English is your second or third language, but to compare two things and refer to one as "greater" directly implies the other as great.

Now you are grasping at straws, have fun.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Okay, fair enough I get you point but I like seeing people who are actually doing something. Sure he has gone overboard and allowed his ideas to go to his head - overwhelmed by his own insights - but I for one see no evil intent there. We all get carried away at times that doesn't mean we should trash him outright, hardly fair is it?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Okay, fair enough I get you point but I like seeing people who are actually doing something. Sure he has gone overboard and allowed his ideas to go to his head - overwhelmed by his own insights - but I for one see no evil intent there. We all get carried away at times that doesn't mean we should trash him outright, hardly fair is it?

Fair? Yes, I think that I'm being perfectly fair in calling him a peddler of pseudo-scientific gibberish that he lifted from someone else, because those are the facts of the matter. The fact that he claimed that "Thoth" was reincarnated in his cape wearing Guy Fawkes masked parolee friend, and that he thinks grinding up crystals and imbuing t-shirts with them to "lift your chi" or whatever his claim was makes them worth $75.00, is just testimony to him either being incredibly gullible, or manipulative.

On that count, I make no judgement.

edit on 16-1-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I fel we have exhausted our little debate on the matter. Until next time.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

I'm not sure if English is your second or third language, but to compare two things and refer to one as "greater" directly implies the other as great.

What straws? Do you really think I care that much? Ha.

Let OP tell us if he considers Zeitgeist great or trash.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

What straws? Do you really think I care that much? Ha.

Let OP tell us if he considers Zeitgeist great or trash.

I think you are just easily thrown off by the very mention of Zeitgeist. I did not say zeitgeist was great, you just saw Zeitgeist and flipped the heck out. Then you try to get into semantics about the whole thing, if you go nothing to say about the video this thread is about just go away. There are tons of threads on Zeitgeist you can rant in, goodbye

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I liked the basic science/math overview of things like the Fibonacci sequence, Phi and The Platonic Solids(but wasn't buying into the "Flower of Life/ Metatron's Cube theory as they presented it... however it was way to short and brief on info.It was impossible for me to listen to that goofy hyped up voice for very long.Once he started pushing crystals HARD as the cure all for everything in life it got the off button.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I watched the first ten minutes, and didn't really agree with it. The division of spirit, mind, and body, to me, is a faulty one. There is no spirit (personal opinion). All of the things people attribute to spirit: thoughts, emotions, soul, intuition, psychism, etc) all have a basis in the mind, or have no verifiable evidence supporting their existence. The other comments on here, exposing the fraud that the video-maker is, also do not bode well for the series. Alternative Religion is full of snake-oil salesman. I have no reason to believe this is any otherwise.

As for production value... this video (the first 15 minutes or so that I watched) is just loose animation of a single figure, with an overdub while still-frames are shown on screen. Zeitgeist had videos, animations, still frames, graphics, and more. The production value on Zeitgeist was way better, even if the information in Zeitgeist was not relevant, or truthful.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

<< 1   >>

join