It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you obtained solid proof?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

I would throw the damn thing into a lake and forget about it.

You have no idea the S#!% Storm that would ensue for a person who would be so stupid as to either go public with the fact they have recovered E.T. Tech. or do something even DUMBER...attempt to sell it to some corp.

The Agency that is tasked with dealing with all and everything that is E.T. by and large in not any form of threat to the average person. But when you are talking about a person having in their hand some Tech. that could quite possibly change world events....all bets are off.

Throw it in a river or lake and FORGET ABOUT IT!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

1) use the technology to get personal power, depending on what I find, I would firstly make

2) I would give the evidence to people who keep such things away from public, and I would give them the evidence for a LOT of money, and no one will know it ever happened

3) If the deal fails, I would have to make a way to disclosure: I would post it on ATS and I would seek the news. I would shut down every one who tries to deny it. And so on.

reply to post by SplitInfinity

So wrong, this would be silliest to do. You would throw away any chances for changing things and I am sure someone did something with the livelock cavern artifacts and a lot of other things... this is wrong! One must either give them to someone for personal gain or yes disclose. Disclosing may be done carefully, not necessarily going to the news and showing, just with the right person at the right time and place.
edit on 17-1-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Precisely! I'm with you.

By law, we are required to turn it in to the government.

Touching it or the area would contaminate evidence.

Humanity isn't ready for the technology it already has and abuses.

The government can't be trusted, the scientists can't be trusted, the public can't be trusted. Anything learned from a device would eventually end up in the worst hands, and would be used for the worst purposes.

Besides, who needs The Man or the Paparazzi or worse yet - ATS moderators dogging them for more personal information!

To make an ATS thread on the find alone - the first reply would be - "HOAX!" - followed by "pics or it didn't happen" - followed by - "Thread closed by moderator until OP sends every personal bit of information about themselves to ATS" - and then it would stay closed anyway.

It would be a living nightmare to dog the paparazzi, media and government. Questions, questions and more questions.

Best that it just "disappeared".

People have no "right to know". People say that to gain an ADVANTAGE. Said "advantage" is soon decombobulated and used against children in foreign lands, in vaccines to make our own people mindless, technology to spy on every person's most private parts, technology for "Star Wars", and other nefarious machinations.

Make it disappear.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

"Suppose, for example, you witnessed a landing, stayed hidden, saw occupants get out then depart, and when walking around checking out the physical traces you found a gadget one of them had dropped. Then what?"

"Laserblast" was a really bad sci-fi alien flick made in 1978 thats starts off with an alien ship landing, they get out, do some voodoo, and depart. Along comes this disgruntled teenaged kid, starts checking around the landing site, and finds an alien ray gun with a power pack to boot which the aliens left behind. Amazingly similar to what you have written in your opening post...and thats why I asked if you saw the flick and were inspired by it.

Not trying to diss you or anything btw. Before I ever contemplated coming foward with such a device, I would first find out if the US government has some kind of law on the books in which it could use to legally confiscate my newly found object. If so, I would be heading towards Switzerland or Singapore first before opening my mouth.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sorry, I was trying to avoid being "long-winded" in my last post. Okay, I just now checked out the Laserblast trailer on YouTube and the article on Wikipedia. But I think your post and the title were clue enough. A good one, though, now on YouTube is Disney's Flight of the Navigator.

Of course, I'm not expecting aliens to land where i happen to be and drop something for me to find, but I am working on a 3D camera-control system that might produce strong photograph evidence plus tracking data, where responses to the stronger hypothetical case i presented here may apply to some degree. So any feedback about that hypothetical case is somewhat useful to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

You reply to my post under an assumption that such tech. has not already been recovered.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
Honestly, I'd find a way to prove it wasn't terrestrial first. Have a reliable scientist perform tests, etc. Then I would make a video and send it to the news agencies that are b.s. aka The Young Turks for example. Then I would also post the video online on YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Facebook, et al so that it would be seen. Of course there would still be skeptics and rightfully so, but I would know the truth and those who would believe me would know also.

Oops. I meant to say "that AREN'T b.s. aka The Young Turks..."

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

I would first go and see a lawyer, have him write up a signed declaration of what happened and what was found. I would then go with the lawyer to the Main media and present what was found allowing them to photograph it and peruse it. In parallel to that i would call major UFO network and invite them down at the same time its shown to media. I would have security guards hired to protect it in period before it gets to the Media and the Ufo representatives for view. I would then start looking for independant scientfic group to examine it. The item would need security on it 24/7 to stop it being stolen so this is the hardest bit to manage as assuming it is real Ufo artifact that cant be refuted the powers that are hiding Ufo disclosure will be out to retrieve it before any serious scientific testing can be done on it.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Let me tell you what would happen.

Any electronic communication of any kind that would point to even the IDEA that you had any E.T. Tech. would be immediatly investigated. The Agency that handles all that is E.T. has inroads in every aspect of American Life would quickly know that you were going to do what you describe.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

No they wouldnt, its all about being sneaky. All they are is good at being sneaky so play the game back and be sneakier.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
A big part of the question here is whether or not going public is the right thing to do for society, personal safety and personal gain aside, and there does"t seem to be opposition to that here, despite chat in other threads about the potential for social upheaval, at least in a case where a physical object was dropped, meaning that the occupants of the craft must have been physical beings of some kind.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

No they wouldnt, its all about being sneaky. All they are is good at being sneaky so play the game back and be sneakier.

Here is the thing. The people that would be interested in such tech. that are here in the U.S. as to even attempt to sell such to any Corp. would be considered TREASON punishable by DEATH...are the same people and Companies that have large Defense Contracts.

I mean..THINK ABOUT IT. It's not like Starbucks is going to be interested in Alien Tech. You would have to go to the people who work with such things and these people and companies are completely tied in with the Military and Intel. services.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Whose saying anything about selling Alien Tech this is about revealing its proof to the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Whose saying anything about selling Alien Tech this is about revealing its proof to the world.

You talked about this on your last post but previous to this the subject was the proof being in the form of Alien Tech...as I stated I would throw the thing in a Lake.

As far as Proof...there is only a couple forms of solid, viable proof...that being having recovered actual physical Tech. or walking into a media corps. front door with an Alien or Alien Body.

Any other form of proof would and could not be considered SOLID.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Then I would begin taking what I wanted and never feeling bad about it like a owner of the planet would.

After all when the planet was scarcely populated with humans that was the order of things.

Why not reclaim that right of freedom our ancestors enjoyed before these buffoons destroy it all and us along with it.

Laws my behind. humans are the only schmucks on the planet that pretend at being civilized while some among us are not and reap the benefits.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Sergiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I would post it on YouTube.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join