learn more

Syria Dropped Hallucinogen Weapon on Rebels, Secret Cable Says

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Syria Dropped Hallucinogen Weapon on Rebels, Secret Cable Says

www.wired.com

The Syrian military used an exotic chemical weapon on rebels during an attack in the city of Homs, some U.S. diplomats now believe.

That conclusion — first reported by Foreign Policy’s Josh Rogin and laid out in a secret cable from the U.S. consul general in Istanbul — contradicts preliminary estimates made by American officials in the hours after the December 23 strike. But after interviews with Syrian activists, doctors, and defectors, American diplomats in Turkey have apparently rendered a different verdict. It’s important to note, however, that this was the conclusion of a singl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This reminds me of that film Jacobs Ladder? Anyone seen that film?

Surely they did not do this? I'm at a loss for words really.

President Obama made it clear that any use of chemicle weapons would allow an outside intervention, well, I'm not sure if BZ is on the list but surely it's a chemicle weapon "as such"

Did it work? Hmmm watch the video:

What ever the outcome I think this is appauling.

Spraying unsuspecting soldiers with this stuff to make them more aggressive is truley out there, but then again everything we have seen in that region is "out there" hey?

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
"Secret" report...
Maybe not as I have no clearance and am nobody special and now I have heard of it.
Like Shrub the sequel said, "Nope no wmd's over there"...
I wonder who the real source of the lie is.
Hint: see my sig.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Saw the headline, said to myself BZ, right? And it was. We did lots of testing with BZ at one point, it is too variable. But it does cause a lot of chaos.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

What is that video supposed to show?
To me it just looks like they keep shoving something in his face with them rambling on and then he coughs every few min.
Did I miss something?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Yeah, I know what you mean, I guess he's "off his face" ?..............Ahem, maybe? Kinda?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yikes, I was thinking "Man Imma join up I want me some free fun times!!" but it's a deliriant, and they're never any good.

Acting as a competitive inhibitor of acetylcholine at postsynaptic and postjunctional muscarinic receptor sites in smooth muscle, exocrine glands, autonomic ganglia, and the brain, BZ decreases the effective concentration of acetylcholine seen by receptors at these sites. Thus, BZ causes PNS effects that in general are the opposite of those seen in nerve agent poisoning. CNS effects include stupor, confusion, and confabulation with concrete and panoramic illusions and hallucinations, and with regression to automatic "phantom" behaviors such as plucking and disrobing..

concrete panoramic hallucinations...

*drools*

www.erowid.org...

[Note: Ketchum's book includes a detailed transcript of what occurred in the real world simultaneous with John's subjective report. The subject showed typical symptoms of BZ intoxication, alternating between stuperous slumber and incoherent delirium. The experience lasted for about 85 hours, and occurred in a special medical testing facility in Edgewood Arsenal, Maryland.]

Holy crap, 85 hours ... that guy must have seriously suffered because that is an insane amount of time to be delirious on such a thing.

!
edit on 16-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Are we talking about something like '___'?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Hmmm don't know really, a cross between really pissed and '___' maybe?

Disrobing??

Stop! or I'll get undressed? and then fire, I mean Stop, hello?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Makes you strip down naked and run around on a trip like a Woodstock hippie.
Just dunk me in the vat they make the # in

But of course, if your a soldier in combat, then it would suck.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Are we talking about something like '___'?

Yes and not: it is like '___' with really bad trip guaranteed. And it lasts for ever ... In this respect probably similar with DOB. I'm sure I do not want to test it.

Back to topic: Is in Asad's interest to use BZ or any other chemical agent? Hell no. This news smell.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It makes you disrobe, act erratically, confused and potentially aggressive. Sound anything like those outbreaks of crazies in the US? Face eater comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If Syrian crafts dropped it or Syrian vehicles dispatched, they were probably stolen by rebels who have already taken over bases.

That's what I think. They are trying so hard to get Syria... why would Syria even bother doing this and giving them an excuse? It doesn't seem to have been very effective compared to what a rigorous chemical attack could be.

Who cares what some no name diplomat says, or some activist in Turkey says?

It's totally inconclusive so we have no choice but to try to apply common sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
well jmo but it seemed like the wanted people to.think it was chem warfare but reports coming out really_ to me sounded like chlorine gas. Twitter had people saying dialated pupilsand unless treated...death.

So now this. Still don' t buy it. bleach +amonia just seems easier to come by if you want to make folks scared enough to jump in the conflict.

Else...sure is a lot of intelligence leaks that seem....purposeful.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
edit on 16-1-2013 by Tru3NugMaster because: Double post ... Sorry

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'd bet it's Agent Buzz! Quinuclidinyl benzilate! Nasty stuff. Can cause hallucinations for days. Not like fun times, hippie freak out hallucinations. Terrifying, nightmarish hallucinations, all the while, the military is trying to kill you.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Regardless of exactly what was dropped on people or its affect on them, the topic is about the possible use of a chemical weapon by one group on another during a time of war.

As we all know, chemical weapons are banned.

But it seems some of us may get confused and have forgotten the Terms and Conditions of the site..

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances.... are strictly forbidden. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join