It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Aborted Humans End up Making Profit for Companies?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think all life is sacred, but that's just me I guess I am a weirdo according to today's standards.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I think all life is sacred, but that's just me I guess I am a weirdo according to today's standards.

So when a woman ditches potential life once a month is that murder?
What about when a man masturbates? Is that genocide?
Ever use an anti-biotic? That kills life too, are zits sacred to? They are life

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Unfortunately, you are. A correct weirdo, but certainly out of the mainstream. (That's a compliment.) I heard on the radio yesterday that 41% of New York City pregnancies end in abortion. I was too shocked to cry, but I suppose I will soon.

It's one of those things that I don't know how to explain to someone who doesn't accept it. Human life can be thrown away before it gets a chance? Some say that's acceptable, perhaps unfortunate, but perfectly legitimate. Our government certainly feels that way. I don't think I'll ever understand that position.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Unfortunately, you are. A correct weirdo, but certainly out of the mainstream. (That's a compliment.) I heard on the radio yesterday that 41% of New York City pregnancies end in abortion. I was too shocked to cry, but I suppose I will soon.

It's one of those things that I don't know how to explain to someone who doesn't accept it. Human life can be thrown away before it gets a chance? Some say that's acceptable, perhaps unfortunate, but perfectly legitimate. Our government certainly feels that way. I don't think I'll ever understand that position.

One of the most humane posts on this subject I have ever read.
Keep up the earnest honesty.

edit on 16-1-2013 by OrionsWitness because: quote seperation

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hi Charles, here is one article,
There are more newer articles, that I have posted on the forum, but I believe that one day science will reverse their opinion on abortion, there are many scientist and doctors that always knew a fetus was human life at conception.

Plus with advances in modern technology, the stats have reversed, now more people are pro-life.
www.gallup.com...

Wired to Be Social: The Ontogeny of Human Interaction
www.plosone.org...

Humans are so social that newborn babies are able to imitate facial expressions of the people around them. In fact sociability begins even earlier, in the womb, according to Umberto Castiello and his team at the University of Padova. They used state-of-the-art ultrasound to monitor the movements of five pairs of fetal twins, between 14 and 18 weeks of gestation. The results, reported last October, show that even the youngest fetuses in the study recognized and responded to the other twin.

Scientists Discover Children’s Cells Living in Mothers’ Brains
www.scientificamerican.com...

Which brings this to mind

It is often said that the first sound we hear in the womb is our mother's heartbeat. Actually, the first sound to vibrate our newly developed hearing apparatus is the pulse of our mother's blood through her veins and arteries. We vibrate to that primordial rhythm even before we have ears to hear.

Before we were conceived, we existed in part as an egg in our mother's ovary.

All the eggs a woman will ever carry form in her ovaries while she is a four-month-old fetus in the womb of her mother.

This means our cellular life as an egg begins in the womb of our grandmother.

Each of us spent five months in our grandmother's womb and she in turn formed within the womb of her grandmother.

We vibrate to the rhythms of our mother's blood before she herself is born.

And this pulse is the thread of blood that runs all the way back through the grandmothers to the first mother.

We all share the blood of the first mother - we are truly children of one blood.

blog.gaiam.com...

edit on 113131p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 113131p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Dear Stormdancer777,

Thank you for those links, I'm grateful.

One difficulty is that there are several ways to look at this. Morally (religiously) there's not much question that abortion is murder. Scientifically, as new facts and techniques come into existence, viability becomes earlier and earlier. Politically, politicians will do what will keep them in office. (Not all, but perhaps a majority.) Legally, whatever the Court decides is what's right, and they are slow to move, also appointed by the politicians.

The confusion arises because people choose whichever approach suits them best. At one extreme, a fertilized egg is a human. At the other extreme there is the claim that it is not human until it is completely out of the woman's body. (Leading to "Partial-birth abortions.) Most other positions are based on viability, which the Court said was 24 weeks, but Science is slowly reducing. Even the 24 week rule can be waived for the life or health of the Mother. "Health" has been interpreted to mean just about anything, so a woman who predicts she will be seriously depressed or stressed about the child is able to get an abortion on "health" grounds.

Back in '97 a bill was introduced saying "Abortions, Ok, but only for the first 24 weeks." It never passed.

I don't really understand why viability is the crucial test. It seems to be that could be applied on both ends of life. (Slap me silly, that may happen. Obamacare is considering not covering end-of-life medical care if it's too expensive for the time of survival added.) And I still remember Colorado Governor Lamm who said in 1984 "We've got a duty to die and get out of the way with all of our machines and artificial hearts and everything else like that and let the other society, our kids, build a reasonable life."

I think viability is the test because it's seen as a compromise between the two positions, but in reality, viability can be ignored with a compliant doctor accepting the "health" argument.

I would be happy if a law was passed setting personhood at 24 weeks. No exceptions. It's not perfect, but it's a good first step. What about life of the Mother? You've got two people involved now, you save the one with the best chances, if they're both shaky and you can't save both. Isn't that what we do now?

I'm sorry for the lecture, but I wanted to stop thinking about the ugly stuff and lose myself in a less emotional post.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. I don't really like this post, but I don't think I'll delete it. Take me warts and all. - C -

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by charles1952

It is often said that the first sound we hear in the womb is our mother's heartbeat. Actually, the first sound to vibrate our newly developed hearing apparatus is the pulse of our mother's blood through her veins and arteries. We vibrate to that primordial rhythm even before we have ears to hear.

Before we were conceived, we existed in part as an egg in our mother's ovary.

All the eggs a woman will ever carry form in her ovaries while she is a four-month-old fetus in the womb of her mother.

This means our cellular life as an egg begins in the womb of our grandmother.

Each of us spent five months in our grandmother's womb and she in turn formed within the womb of her grandmother.

We vibrate to the rhythms of our mother's blood before she herself is born.

And this pulse is the thread of blood that runs all the way back through the grandmothers to the first mother.

We all share the blood of the first mother - we are truly children of one blood.

blog.gaiam.com...

This is true, and this is why the argument that "life begins at conception" is false. Life is a cycle. You were already alive in your grandmother's womb before your mother was born, as a single celled biological entity.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join