It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Believe in the Justice System; this isn't it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I stumbled upon an IAma on reddit that I couldn't ignore, and I felt that the ATS crew should be made aware of it. I've placed this under "General Chit Chat" because I'm not sure where this discussion really belongs.

Before I link to the actual IAma, I'll quote some of the introduction:

I saw horrific beatings happen almost every day. I saw inmates being beat senseless for not moving fast enough. I saw inmates urinate on themselves because they had been chained up for hours and officers refused to let them use the bathroom. This didn't happen because they were busy, this happened because it was fun.

IAma former employee of a jail where I watched inmates be beat senseless on an almost daily basis for 3 years. I reported the beatings and was fired for it, I have spent the last few years testifying for former inmates and families of inmates who were beaten or killed in the jail. AMA

This would seem that this isn't new to Oklahoma jails, as already discussed on ATS:
Video: Oklahoma Police Officer Uses Taser on Handcuffed Woman

When I read it, it reminded me of the story here already hotly discussed. Maybe there is something wrong with our prison system after all?
edit on 16-1-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Prison sucks.

Don't do things that will land you there.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I agree, but landing in a pre-trial facility before court sentencing shouldn't result in sadistic beatings and/or death!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
MOD: Can we move this to "Other Current Events"? I believe this will get buried here, and this is a current, ongoing situation/event. My apologies for posting this in the wrong forum!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I married into the prison system - what I mean is my father-in-law just retired from being a prison guard. And I can say that near Peoria, Illinois at least these things do not happen. It's scarey to think they happen elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I worked in 2 facilities that took care of people.
One was an orphanage for troubled adolescents, one was for mentally/physically challenged.

Both were letting abuse occur regularly. Both kept getting away with it regularly.
I was a whistle blower for both places, both got rid of me soon after.

This happens more often, and at more facilities that care for people, not just prisons, than you can imagine. The corruption is intended, and is never stopped until media attention occurs.

Forget the legal system, get the local media involved, and if that fails, put it on Youtube!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Prison sucks.

Don't do things that will land you there.

Like owning a gun in my state that was perfectly legal yesterday, but today is now illegal to own due to my twat of a governor. Yeah, I'm such an evil criminal.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Isn't that how it works, though? If you're not a criminal, you gotta lose your freedom and pay fines lest you become one. Once you become one, everyone has to lose their freedom, pay taxes to pay for your sentence, and you get to be kicked around for a while.

if you're a major criminal, you get to have benefits.
If you're a minor criminal, no one will so much as hire you.
If you're standing up for what's right, well. You're the worst.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spearcarrier

If you're standing up for what's right, well. You're the worst.

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For actual truth:

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Psalm 33:4
For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Psalm 96:13
Before the Lord: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

We are under God's judgement and rightly so. Whose side will you choose?

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Luke 16:13
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

A few things

That guy is full of #snip#

I read it and I can say from living in oklahoma over 30 years. And being In that jail numerous times

And noone is affraid of the sheriffs here. We have a guys that tapes prostitutes and Johns Then posts them to his site, john doe tv. He caught some cops beatng a man on the curb. He was arrested and they tried to shut him down. And they failed miserably. I mean he was standing In front of the court house across the street from the jail handing out lit on how ignorant the sheriff was after he got out.

I have know people who work at n that jail. It s really quite a nice place to spend time

Please dont believe Everything you read.

Again noone in oklahoma city is affraid of that jail. We would just break out if it was that bad.which has been done there numerous times because of the crappy construction

It can get over crowded and the food sucks but people dont get beaten like that. And if they did there would be some evidence of it and I have not even herd of the case's s where he supposedly testifies. cause I doubt they exist. I read his whole story

Utter nonsense .

he has no evidence other than his high and mighty word and one picture

if he didnt sign the nda why doesnt he give us some info on all these trials he keeps attending?

because he is crazy. it sounds like he has lost it . fears for his life gets threatmoves 4k miles away and carrys a TAZER? really?

probably a felon who cant own a gun

But I will check oscn to see if I can find ANY evidence of these trials he keeps coming back for.

ETA oklahoma is one of the easier states to check court dockets

OSCN

and

case search

edit on pm220142806America/ChicagoTue, 18 Feb 2014 18:35:50 -0600_2u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join