If you were the U.S. President what agenda would you push to make things better?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure what I would do; but I am quite certain that if, in the near or distant future, a presedential nominee ran on a platform of disclosure, he would either be elected, assinated, or both. Maybe that's what needs to be done; a massive disclosure campaign.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I would start a program to bust up the knowledge cartel known as mainstream science so that parapsychological findings can be disseminated... which would lead to us having the tools to reach our psychic potential and enlightenment. Then we could fix our materialistic, consumistic, soul-dead culture and save the frickin' planet.

newenergytimes.com...

edit on 18-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'd teach congress how to balance a check book that would fix things much faster than anything else
after that I'd push for more renewable energy research a lot of it

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would start by getting rid of the Federal Reserve Bank as soon as possible. Back our currency with various precious metals other then gold, like platnum. Invirgorate the American public to have another gold rush and pay top dollar for any valuable metal they wish to turn in. While the precious metal reserve grew I would dismantle the The Fed and Implement The United Bank of the People Which would be run and appointed by the people.
No money will be printed for war ANY efforts unless thier was a very strong approval by the American public.

I would then determine what is necessary To keep the Government running optimally and trim all unnecssary fat that this government has gained. By all I mean everything from millitary to welfare nothing will not be over looked
If it is not needed it will be cut and 50% all cuts will go to help balance the budget. The rest would be put back into infrastructure and education purposes.

I would introduce a Act would decrease the income tax over time untill it was no more.

I would ratify the constitution with a new Admendment. Any person seeking a government position can not and will not profit from any outside ententy while trying to obtain or in office to combat corruption within the system.
It would focus on any type of corruption that my infect the solidarity of the government.

Any and all other infringes on our rights such as the Patriot Act will be nullified and restored. The American people would be given back thier full right to privacy, due process and all our rights will be fortified stronger so that is clear the Government may not step on these rights.

I would introduce a worker's bill of rights. If the Government want roles then the roles should be for the betterment of the Amercian people and our country. This bill would hold the government responsible for the development of the economy and implement a maximum percentage of uneployment allowed in the U.S.
Although this bill would be difficult to achieve it would not be impossible. The contitution states we are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happeness. Lets be realistic can we obtain any of these things in these times without some kind of job sercurity.

I would revitalize the farming industry and ban GMO untill further studies were done. I would create a Feed the World campaign. Farming would once again be a stable foundation for the Amercian economy. Any profits from government owned farming facilities would be put back into the industry, education, science, and to help balance the budget.

The FDA would be investigated and new regulations may be implemented to protect the health and wellbeing of the American public.

I would pull out of any occupied millitary base of whatever countries that didn't want us there. All allies and other countries would only recieve foreign aide in emgency situations. I would make it so no president can not use the military for any offencesive purpose without congressional approval.

Education would go under heavy reform to re-elighten the American public. To free them from this cataclysm of stupidity that is destroying our nation from within. To once again having a revered educational system that can not be compared to no other.

Thier is a few more things I would do but don't have the time to post. I think I got the most important things down I would do, to me anyway.

Hope you enjoy and agree somewhat.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Th3MissingLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Emperor...Hmmm. That does have some apeal. LOL!

Split Infinity

It does doesn't it.(wink)

I've been telling people that for over 10 years, pointing out the problems that are destroying the Republic.

They are starting to believe me now.(wink)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You know the United States has been in drastically far worse states than it is in now over the last couple of centuries. If a person from today were to say visit a time during the American Civil War they would think that the End was near and be more than happy to come home to cold beer, hot showers and cable tv...LOL!

When all you have known your whole life is comfort and a very good standard of living and then you hit a few bumps in the road...some people are always gonna scream...AntiChrist!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You know the United States has been in drastically far worse states than it is in now over the last couple of centuries. If a person from today were to say visit a time during the American Civil War they would think that the End was near and be more than happy to come home to cold beer, hot showers and cable tv...LOL!

When all you have known your whole life is comfort and a very good standard of living and then you hit a few bumps in the road...some people are always gonna scream...AntiChrist!

Split Infinity

That is true. However, I can look at the history of this Republic, and at the conditioning of the population toward accepting a Big Brother government that people are conditioned to think is going to take care of all their needs and wants, and are at a crossroads that threatens the very existence of the Constitutional Republic at the hands of elistist statists on both the left and the right.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

On a more serious note, everyone in the modern world enjoys a quality of life many times greater than any king or queen of ye olden days - saying # is going down because of [x] does not mean that a person is deluded, it simply means that they believe # is going down.

You cannot use the "your life is better than it would have been 200 years ago so nothing is wrong" argument, because it is simply untrue.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Personal Responsibility

Think about it. If you break the law, you're responsible.

If you have a kid out of wedlock, you're responsible

If you go bankrupt, you're responsible.

If you create a financial tool that bankrupts people, you're responsible.

If you defraud people, you're responsible.

Then, I'd take it a few steps further. Punish those responsible for crimes against other people. Get rid of useless laws regarding victimless crimes.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Well of course if you are using a one on one comparison...but if you were to look at the average...most people would prefer to live today.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

This is why I am an Independent. LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That's true, but just because our quality of life today is better than the quality of life 200 years ago doesn't mean that our (well, your, ours have already gone) freedoms are not being eroded.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

This is why people should never take their rights and freedoms for granted.

There is always a cost for getting and retaining such things.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

If I was the President and had the backing of House and Senate...I would develop a program of the kind of funding of the Moon Landings to develop Green Alternative Energy especially Low Temp. Micro-Fusion Reactors.

The development of such tech. would create an entire wealth of new products and technologies which I believe would easily solve the U.S. Budget deficit as well as get our polution and Global Warming problems addressed.

This would also allow the U.S. to no longer concentrate our efforts in the Oil Supplying Regions of the Middle East.

Split Infinity

And then the american dollar would be worthless and the whole world would be at war. We need things and we get them with dollars. If it is worthless and nobody would give us anything for our dollar we would then take it by force. It sucks but our dollar is valuable because of oil. end of story

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I would be talking to other world leaders, treating them with respect
and asking them to do things together!

Oh and i would seriously wonder why we have 11,000 gun deaths every year!
I f this was another country , the US would be calling for an Intervention!
Think about it, in ten years over 100,000 people will be dead in the US by gun shot wounds.

That is a terrible legacy that the 2nd amendment has left you as a right!!!
edit on 18-1-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Wait, sorry, have I missed the point of the argument? I thought you were saying the opposite. I'm slightly inebriated, so please forgive me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

U.S. Economy is too tied in to the World Economy thus it is the best interests of the World Nations not to screw with us.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Did you reply to my comments? In my in box it said you did but when I clicked on it to page 5 of your thread I saw nothing? Talk soon I hope!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The day this will happen is the day Glogal Warming causes rising sea levels to flood a bunch of CEO's homes on the Florida Coast.

THEN we will see some action.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
campaign finance reform
off shore banks accounts illegal
shorting stocks illegal

welfare and unemployment beneficiaries physically able to work, work for the state doing infrastructure maintenance

daycare subsidies. many families pay a mortgage payment in daycare

any potus authorizing military action must go to the front lines and lead from the front

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join