It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were the U.S. President what agenda would you push to make things better?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

i would legalize freedom.

and then i would declassify everything, and have a civillain workforce looking into everything that declassification indicates,

i would then ask the people what they want.

and then i would go to space personally, to see if its real.

cause if we only go by what we see as truth, only a hand full o humans actually can believe there is a space outside earth. when i came back i would offer others the same opportunity.

and as you mentioned i would look into a new form of energy and implement it as soon as possible.

shorty after all these things transpired, i would probably end up dead, murdered by those really in charge.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Repeal the 17th amendment

Abolish ANY AND ALL Federal agency whose job is not enumerated in Art 1, Sec 8 of the Constitution

Tell the UN they have 90 days to pack and GET OUT

End all relationships with the WTO, IMF, NATO, NAFTA, etc...

Outlaw GMOs and flouride in water

Repeal any Federal law infringing on the bill of rights

End the FED

Flat tax of 15%, or no income tax whatsoever and have a fair tax of 15% on all goods and services

End all war and get all troops and military assets out of the 170+ nations that we currently occupy

Stop all foreign aid

Stop all corporate welfare

Give all illegal aliens a 90 day grace period to leave the country... after that if they are caught they go to prison.

Impose term limits on ALL elected federal positions AND the SCOTUS and other federal courts

Make political involvement of labor unions illegal, end all public sector unions

... I could go on and on, but this is a good start

edit on 16-1-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
1 Day (5hours) of Mandatory(citizens over18+) volunteer work by everyone everyweek.

Average work is only 4 days a week/ 10 hours each day. 3 Days off (volunteer work can be scheduled here)

They can volunteer in their career fields, or do other jobs. Disabled people can help out with whatever they can.

Volunteering can be omitted by paying a sum of money, which would go toward developing poor neighborhoods and helping poor people.

All profit from volunteering would go to into a bank, where its used to fix countries issues.

Everyone pays flat tax, except people with very low income.
edit on 1/16/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
1st: I would deport any one who does not have a social security card or pay taxes.

2nd:I would lay a hefty fine all big bank banking institutions to pay back to the American economy.

3rd:I'd fine all big factory owners for taking their work over seas for cheap labor to pay back the land they started on.

4rth:I would implement new breeding laws,as to overpopulation is a big threat to world.

5th:I would demand hospitals stop billing taxpayers for care of patients who are in a state of no recovery.

6th:I would end wars over crude resources and encourage new forms of energy.

7nth:I would end our countries involvement in any war taking place and focus more our own nation.

8th: I would create more law enforcement programs to enforce laws upon those who enforce laws.

9nth:Anyone who abuses a child in anyway shape or form will be forced in prison without any possibility of being free.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I would write an executive order repealing all other executive orders

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Star for the attempt to make something out of this thread...

1: Do you understand that some of your bases are part of treaties and you have signed contracts that are valid for several years (even decades). What would you do with those? What about South Korea and Taiwan and access to cheap oil ?

1.1: How would you avoid being assassinated or suffer a putsch ?

1.2: This would probably put you in prison or out of office, there is no way you could be president without being involved in the conspirators cabal.

2: War or at least heavy sanctions would be set on the US. No exports and certainly no credit for imports. Oil prices would skyrocket fallowed by national discontent. All nations would move to gold, you would have to confiscate (nationalize) all national gold and silver resources and more.

4: No money to pay for it.

4.1: Due to the present structure this action would result in massive emigration of brains. Dooming the nation tto ages of darkness and reducing the capacity of the only industries that are left services and technology.

5: No money to pay for it. Doctors and nurses are leaving the country on mass...

6: No money, deportations costs money and resources. No way to enforce effective border patrols due to lack of funds.

7: Consumption would drop, national production of tradable goods would suffer due to export "blockade". No incentive to work, cost of welfare would increase.

9: No money. Due to the default no external credit to pay even for maintenance.

10: No chance of that, you would have been killed or the nation was in civil war, most probably some states had already seceded.

11: A goal for the next millennium after the ashes of your nation would be cleared out by the winds, if your nation hadn't ceased to exist by invasion or dissolution.

Bar being impossible a good dream proposal

edit on 16-1-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

That would effectively end the US influence in the rest of the world, I think most if not all of those proposals are part of the plans of the other wannabes (China, France and Russia would welcome it). I think that almost everyone in the world would like that very much, except the client states the UK, Canada, Israel, Colombia, South Korea, Taiwan and a few others, I think even to a point Japan would be OK with those...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Bring business back to America by reforming the tax code. The only tax break given is by donating to American business that do all their work in country. Tax the hell out of companies that outsource. Tax imports at the same rate the giving countries tax our goods. Invest in clean energy, alternative energy. Bring the military back home and quit wasting money killing people in other countries that are no threat to us.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If I was president....

One of the biggest problems that seems overlooked at times is the lives that are destroyed by drugs. Both pharmaceutical and illegal drugs are destroying the communities we live in.

Since the majority of illegal drugs come out of Mexico, that would be the first place to concentrate our efforts. Anyone caught transporting or selling drugs would have to deal with stiffer penalties.

Pharmaceutical drugs being sold illegally need stiffer penalties and better regulations.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

More effort is needed to help bring this country back together so a lot of our tax dollars that are spent overseas needs to be spent here on the American people. Hand ups, not hand outs.

I wouldn't need any vacations, maybe a day here and there off but not many. Every day would bring forth an effort to make this country a better place to live. I'm not so sure that is happening now.

And yes Split, more support is needed in alternative clean energy sources. I'm working on my own project dealing with that and is looking promising.

One more thing, UFO DISCLOSURE!

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I think that it may be possible that Joe Kennedy did not tell his sons exactly what went on to get them Elected.

Joe Kennedy no doubt a shrewd player in an innocent time, loved to play the hidden hand of God. We can see and learn from this. By where a mans meddling in the affairs of history, steered his whole family's legacy. Destination ? Tragedy.

SnF for the topic.

edit on 16-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
easy: focus on the farmers and america's food (what's left of them and it). currently they are growing non-nutritive crops to make high fructose corn syrup and animal feed which, in turn, we consume and obviously is killing us- obesity, diabetes, and so on. without a healthy and happy population we will never have the kind of hope or change that ANYONE wants.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Change to a federal flat tax. Tax everyone the same. Decrease the size of the IRS. No more "tax season". No federal taxes taken from a pay check. The same for state taxes, county and city tax.

Balance the budget so that the deficit spending goes the other direction. The government must live within its means. Quit spending money you don't have and forcing the average american to suffer the tax burden.

Reduce the size of the military and cut its budget. A smaller more focused military would be better for today's world.

Revise Social security, medicaid and medicare and welfare. These entitlements are massively abused. Take control of your own retirement. Plan and save for it as if there is NOT going to be any government programs to assist you in your old age.

Privatise the public school system. Remove it from the government budgets (federal, state, county and city). No tax money supported school programms. Talk about an abused system, take a look at the free lunch, free school, free books programs in my area. Sorry, but the free ride programs end here.

Remove special interests groups from government. Any elected or appointed government official every caught working with a special interest group loses their job immediately and can face charges of treason.

Stop bailing out car companies and banks. If they fail, they fail. You and I won't get this kind of assistance if we are failing.

......I could go on and on

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Boy that's a tough one, we all know what is wrong with Washington, but TPTB wont allow it to be fixed, but if they would,

Term limits, and get rid of every congressman and representative we have now.

Stop income tax, it is illegal.

Make blue collar jobs available, bring back industries with tax BREAKS and incentives.

Then we can start working with those trapped in the welfare system to get them gainful employment..

Cut government waste,
example,
a grant was given for a robotic squirrel to observe how rattlesnakes react,

Help for the homeless, I see empty boarded up homes all over town, take the wasteful spending money and fix these places up for the homeless.

A realistic health care plan.

Lobbyist deported, along with crooked politicians, lol,

Another number one priority would be the inner city youth and our school system.

Stop arming foreign nations.

Stop all aid to nations that oppress their people.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
take back the unfederal b.s. bank of the U.S. and stop charging interest rates.
dismiss the irs.
protect the borders.
stop gmo.
stop vaccines.
stop aspartame.
stop fluoride.
stop 'spying' on the masses.
stop statins.
stop steroids.
encourage small farms - never stop singin Willy.
and develop underground high speed mag train system connecting underground hotels(shelters) for every man,jack, woman and child - supplied w/ enough food for a year.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Free Health care, cheaper university costs .

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'd mandate that every American over the age of 13 has to carry a 50 cal pistol fully loaded with no safety in one of their hands at all times in public and failure to have it in your hand is an automatic execution by other people around you so trip and lose your gun and if anyone else see's you then you are dead.. I'd also make walmart stock suitcase size nukes next to the beer and shotguns and finally mandate a federal alcohol program which will require all citizens of the USA to own a red truck and if they're driving it to have a dog, shotgun and at least 18 beers on the passenger seat or a orangutan who can do right turns named Clyde

But if i get voted in as president someone at the birth certificate checking dept aint dong their job

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I guess this is the reason that the President has to be a US citizen. We're already seeing what happens when he's not.

*ducks also*

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Give people real "Change" by giving them Freedom to chose and select.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
First I would have many organizations commit voter fraud on my behalf, then I would set upon an agenda that slowly removes power from Congress and places it in the white house by fiat executive orders, and no one would protest it. I would have the media under my control.

I would find a way to control people's personal finances and achieve the ability to raise taxes on them without them knowing it, actually having them support it, while at the same time gaining control over the largest industry in the country. Dictating to people what health coverage they will get, and taxing them again if they refuse to participate, in essence forcing them to participate against their will.

I would then expand the police state. Make it perfectly legal to circumvent due process and allow untrained officers to ransack people's homes and cars and bodies on a whim. Expand warrantless searches to all modes of transportation - trains, interstate highways, etc. I would also empower spy agencies to use drones to carry out warrantless surveillance on ordinary citizens, and even kill them with a missile if I decide that they are a threat.

Then I would concoct a way to disarm everyone. Since my grand plan would be rather difficult to carry out with a population that is angry AND armed, I'll settle for just angry.

Of course these are just a few things I'd do. My various csars and department heads that share my vision will be put to work enacting my plan with regard to their scope of authority. I'll expand that scope also, if I need to.

When I have achieved all this, it will be at that point where I can do pretty much what I want. I will have a massive enforcement apparatus at my disposal, a citizenry with NO ability to challenge me or my enforcers.

I guess I'd have to think about the next thing I'd do....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I would push an agenda that would destabilize and lead to the collapse and dismemberment of the flawed, corrupt, greed based capitalist system that we have.
My motto would be "people before money"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join