It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syracuse athletics media director charged with filming ,male athletes in lockerroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hi all

sry if this has been posted I did a search

Uh oh another scandal at a major university.. What the hell is goin on with our educaters? After the Penn State ordeal you would think he was at least smart enough to erase it..

www.nydailynews.com...

A senior official in Syracuse University’s sports program clandestinely filmed at least 108 athletes taking postgame showers, prosecutors alleged Tuesday.

Roger Springfield, the former Syracuse athletics media director, was charged with filming male players on the football, soccer and lacrosse teams in the locker room of the Carrier Dome following four games dating as far back as 2010.

Springfield was busted after a staffer preparing highlight footage from a Syracuse-South Florida football game noted the locker room footage was 'exceptionally long,' according to Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick

edit on 15-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What's your opinion? Will this story be ignored, used to condemn college sports, attack homosexuality, or possibly something else? Perhaps people will say it's no big deal. Which way do you go?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have no problem with sports or homosexuals.

I do have a problem with sickos who get off on filming unsuspecting individuals without their permission. Unfortunately, with cell phone technology what it is, it happens in locker rooms across the country every day. But you should without a doubt feel safe from such harassment when a part of a sports team and showering in your university's shower, or any shower in any locker room for that manner.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Dear MysticPearl,

I agree with you that it's not a good thing, but you raise an interesting question.

you should without a doubt feel safe from such harassment
Is it really harassment? Can one be harassed if one doesn't even know it's occuring? It would be difficult to identify any harm they suffered, even the police don't know who all the athletes are yet. None of them can honestly say "I was harassed."

I also agree that he's a "sicko," but what does that mean? Certainly, the sexuality has to be involved. It's not the loss of privacy, all of the athletes can see each other. The only thing I can see is that people didn't know that the media director was also seeing them, as well as their teammates.

Unfortunately, with cell phone technology what it is, it happens in locker rooms across the country every day.
So, it's not a rare occurrence, and athletes are used to it?

I'm starting to worry here, can you, or somebody else explain the reason for an uproar about this? Besides, "It's sick," or "How disgusting."

I know I'm missing something, I'm just trying to figure out what.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

join