Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

God is real, you don't understand, HERE'S WHY!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

For about the millionth time, I'm not a Fundamentalist and I don't believe that God wrote any books.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That's great, so do you believe everything attributed to god in the OT was truly him? Or do you believe there was a bit of fiddling done to the story?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't believe that I've ever said that everything in the Hebrew Bible were acts attributable to the actions of God. Neither do I claim that they were not acts attributable to God. I have no idea, and don't really care -- my relationship is with God, not a book.
edit on 16-1-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Good answer, but you forget that the Torah is where your version of god was introduced. If not for the Torah, you would have never known the god you proclaim to have a relationship with.

Either you worship the OT god or you don't. Since you believe Jesus was god and god is of the OT/Torah, then you worship the OT god. Am I right?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
so basically what you are saying is that a person needs to brainwash themselves and convince themselves that god is real and only then will they receive proof that he is real.
That would work with anything wouldnt it?
if i could brainwash myself and convince myself that purple flying pigs are real then i would start to see purple flying pigs and that would confirm that they are real and i`m not crazy since i would clearly be able to see purple flying pigs.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

They'd have to be invisible for that to work though. Seeing them is crazy, but believing in them....?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Either you worship the OT god or you don't. Since you believe Jesus was god and god is of the OT/Torah, then you worship the OT god. Am I right?

When did I say that I didn't?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What? That you believe Jesus was god? Every time you come into a thread such as this an defend the OP's position. You've said many times that you believe Jesus was god in the flesh, or at least you've heavily implied it.

Do you believe that Jesus wasn't the god of the OT incarnate?

ETA: I read "did" instead of "didn't". My bad.
edit on 16-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

I 'feel the truth of the bible' alright. The last time I skipped through the OT I, once again, nearly bounced that book right off the wall. It is evil. The behaviour and attitudes it describes and encourages within it's pages are evil (lying, cheating, stealing, arrogance, vanity, murder, filicide (killing your own child). This is not a book of goodness....not a book of loving....not even a book of hope. These are not the words of any God I want to know or be associated with.

More interesting to me are the Gnostic writings, particularly 'On the Origin of the World', and 'The Hypostasis of the Archons',

The Nag Hammadi Library

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

If God intervened every single time someone was gonna do something wrong, then would we even be people or would we just be fleshy robots?

From what I can tell, that's exactly what he wants: fleshy, obedient, angelic robots. Because heaven doesn't have room for people who have their own ideas.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
so basically what you are saying is that a person needs to brainwash themselves and convince themselves that god is real and only then will they receive proof that he is real.
That would work with anything wouldnt it?
pigs.

No, full desire for the truth is where it starts. And you can't say you fully desire the truth if you are ruling options out.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker

I don't believe the Bible because of anything any man said, I believe it because it resonates with me

Originally posted by Thought Provoker

If one believes in reincarnation, as I do

The bible doesn't give you that option, unless you're calling being 'born again' reincarnation.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

I believe in God!!

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34).

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

There are many who would disagree with you...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Originally posted by iSHRED

Originally posted by OpenEars123
Are we talking about the same god that allows children to be murdered on a daily basis?

If God intervened every single time someone was gonna do something wrong, then would we even be people or would we just be fleshy robots?

If this is the case, it seems like God cares more about the free-will of the person who wants to murder, than the person who is being murdered... against their will...

If God believes in "free-will" why isn't it protected? Why is it so easy for people to be controlled/enslaved? Why would there be a punishment for anything other than not respecting free-will? If God loves free-will so much, then it should be OK to use it, and the only thing that should be considered "wrong" is not respecting it (free-will of others).

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by iSHRED

Originally posted by iSHRED

Originally posted by OpenEars123
Are we talking about the same god that allows children to be murdered on a daily basis?

If this is the case, it seems like God cares more about the free-will of the person who wants to murder, than the person who is being murdered... against their will...

If God believes in "free-will" why isn't it protected? Why is it so easy for people to be controlled/enslaved? Why would there be a punishment for anything other than not respecting free-will? If God loves free-will so much, then it should be OK to use it, and the only thing that should be considered "wrong" is not respecting it (free-will of others).

It's the environment and community that gives births to murderers and outlaws.
The lack of Love is one of the main reasons why they exist.

These days, the doctrines of the main religions are mainly about faiths in creator god that doesn't even exist.
This partly contributes in creating outlaws. Famous example from the past: Martin Luther's teachings and Hitler
edit on 17-1-2013 by dodol because: spelling
edit on 17-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment

I can't say you are wrong, but when I read the Bible the Spirit has not given me understanding that reincarnation is true.
John 16:13
New King James Version (NKJV)
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Isn't it written that all of Christ's followers who are alive when the Rapture comes will be taken up still alive? So how can that Hebrews verse be true (which it must be)? It certainly isn't referring to spiritual death, the "second death." In fact, the only way it can be true is if everyone has already died once when the Rapture comes... and we'll all (all us believers, at least) be on at least our second reincarnation when it happens. Far from disproving reincarnation, that verse actually proves it.

Let him who has ears to hear, hear.
edit on 1/17/2013 by Thought Provoker because: Silly typos.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment

This verse is one of the things that actually annoy me about Christians....

Read the entire chapter my friend, don't just cherry pick a single verse and assume that's what it means...

Hebrews 9:27 doesn't disprove reincarnation... The topic of the Chapter is IF Christ needed to die more then once for man kind... Reincarnation is not the topic being discussed at all...

I can't say you are wrong, but when I read the Bible the Spirit has not given me understanding that reincarnation is true.

Born again...and again!

Take a look over that thread... Perhaps it might sway your opinion

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Good thread you linked, and it could be a possibility, but like I said, all understanding comes from the Spirit. If I am meant to have knowledge of such things it will be given to me when He wills it.

My focus will remain on Christ and the path he puts in front of me.
edit on 18-1-2013 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join