It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is real, you don't understand, HERE'S WHY!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

Originally posted by Ovadose
reply to post by iSHRED

AND have the audacity to send us to hell for the #ty circumstances that it put us in..

God doesn't send anyone to hell, all hell is is a place absent of the presence of God, (like space is absent of air

Have you actualy read the bible because it paints a different picture.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will be punished with eternal destruction, forever separated from the Lord and from his glorious power.

Matthew 13:41–42
The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I can go on and on quoting EXACTLY what the bible says about hell, sounds like you're picking and choosing what you want to believe from the book. You either believe or you don't there is no middle ground, there is no choosing.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

You don't want God's presence so you are relocated to the only place without God's presence. ie hell

anyways, arguing never changed someones mind on the subject, why would it now...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

On the contrary It's my opinion that I am we are "god" (whatever that may be) experiencing myself through individualism, there is no right and wrong, no judgement, no fear or love all there is, is experience.

I personally love the teachings of jesus christ, love and forgive all pretty much sums it up.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

Originally posted by OpenEars123
Are we talking about the same god that allows children to be murdered on a daily basis?

If God intervened every single time someone was gonna do something wrong, then would we even be people or would we just be fleshy robots?

The usual drivel then?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

You mean this...?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yes! That's exactly the one I keep hearing.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
can you explain how many times god has done this because there are many other "bibles" that are much older then the christian bible and all of them have similar stories to that of jesus and god.. As well as they out date what the christian bible says is the beginning of time.

And which "bibles" would these be? Please don't bring up any drivel from "Zeitgeist - the Movie", Achyra S or any other such nonsense, which has all long since been debunked.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

There's no such thing as love but you love Jesus' teachings? Um okay.

Also, why is there no middle ground? You say you either believe it 100% or you don't yet you love Jesus' teachings? If you don't believe it then why do you love it? If you think the bible is 100% false then you can't love something within it.

I agree with the "we are god" part though.

edit on 16-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Look, everyone. It's very simple. You've all at least heard of the concept of God. God cannot be proven to exist, or not to exist. Everyone thus has to choose whether to believe in him, or not; both of those decisions are acts of faith. You either have faith that he's real, or you have faith that he's not real.

If you believe God is real, then you also believe he created us for some divine Purpose that we can only guess at, and that we are his children, his creations. You believe we owe him something, that we should at the very least be grateful to him for our very existence, and grateful that he created nature to be our generative source and life-support system. That gratitude is "worship."

If you don't believe in God, then you must believe that we exist because of random processes of nature, that we are here because there was a Big Bang for some reason, the Earth formed out of that chaos, organic chemicals accidentally fell into DNA patterns, the autotrophs began to drool, and we sort of "just happened." That makes you grateful to nature for your existence... and thus, you worship nature, whether you do it knowingly or unknowingly.

Everything else stems from that fundamental choice, to "worship" nature-with-God or nature-without-God. All discussions past that point are moot. "How do you know the Bible's real," "Why would God let bad things happen to good people," "What about all the other Jesus-like figures in history," "Buddhism is older than Christianity," the list is endless... and literally pointless in a discussion of whether God exists or not. All you're doing is focusing on effect while ignoring cause. You aren't debating with believers to help them or change their minds (that's impossible); you're nitpicking in an attempt to make yourselves feel better about your own choice to not believe in him. You're trying to convince yourselves that you're right; you aren't trying to convince us that we're wrong. You're choosing to go into a thread in a religious forum just to be mean to people for selfish reasons, rather than simply ignoring those who don't believe as you do. You don't have to be in here. You aren't here to learn, you're here to troll, like white supremacists at an NAACP fundraiser. Why?

As iSHRED pointed out, we can't know God's motivations, so we can't share them with you or prove them to you (and if there is no God, there can't be any motivations behind it, because nature is not an intelligence). Those who demand proof will never receive it from men... but even if it was possible to prove God's real, would that proof make you change your beliefs? I doubt it. Your base natures are incompatible with that. You are who you are, and we are who we are, and nothing is going to convince anyone to change sides... until you're immersed in the Tribulation Period, of course. That'll change your mind.

In the meantime, as Jesus put it, "Get thee behind me, Satan!" Love ya.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

The concept of GOD is a very big subject. The OP is asserting that the God of the Bible is the real deal. Therein lies the problem.

I can believe in a God without believing that guy is the OT is it. I can also believe that if there is one god that there can be multiple gods.

I can believe that god is totality of all that exists, ie the universe, or I can believe that god doesn't exist within the confines of creation, but in a non-existent realm of no beginning or ending. I can believe in a creator that stands outside of creation, and, with a magic wand and a word, willed the universe into existence, or not.

I may believe in reincarnation or "judgment day" and heaven and hell.

What I can't believe that anyone believes is that GOD, the creator of the universe, hung out on planet earth, ordering the murder of 1000's of men, women and children, based on the fact that they believed in different gods. And, that this so called god, hated foreskins, that he created!

SO, no. it's not very simple.
edit on 16-1-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

And, that this so called god, hated foreskins, that he created!

Whoever said that God "hates" foreskins?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

The Jews, otherwise they wouldn't cut them off.
edit on 16-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The Jews, otherwise they wouldn't cut them off.

Circumcision is a physical sign of their covenant, it's not because God hates foreskins.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Why would god make it a part of his covenant other than because he dislikes it?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

HAHA! You're just teasing me now! Maybe God loves foreskins, as long s they're not attached!

You can say that is done a representation of love for God, but why force it on your slaves and visitors, and why judge other nations harshly that don't have such customs? There is definitely a disgust for the uncircumcised, that permeated the Old Testament

Gen 17:10-14

10This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

11And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

12And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

13He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

14And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Exodus 4:24 At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met Moses and was about to kill him. 25 But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son’s foreskin and touched Moses’ feet with it.[c] “Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me,” she said. 26 So the Lord let him alone. (At that time she said “bridegroom of blood,” referring to circumcision.)

Exodus 12:48 And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

Ezekiel 28:10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

The concept of GOD is a very big subject. The OP is asserting that the God of the Bible is the real deal. Therein lies the problem.

If you believe in God, you can "feel" the truth of the Bible. So much in it makes sense to believers, but makes no sense at all to unbelievers. I don't believe the Bible because of anything any man said, I believe it because it resonates with me, it matches the way I already am and always have been. Things in the Old Testament were changed by the New Testament. Circumcision is not required of Christians; Jesus said that if God wanted boys to be circumcised, they'd come out of the womb that way. It was a symbol, for the pre-Christian Hebrews alone, of their devotion to God. Jesus is our "circumcision in the spirit" now. The NT trumps the OT, always, because Jesus changed all the rules. Circumcision should be as much a thing of the past as sacrificing goats to absolve us of sins. Jews still circumcise, but do they still perform sin sacrifices of live animals? I think not... but why not?

What I can't believe that anyone believes is that GOD, the creator of the universe, hung out on planet earth, ordering the murder of 1000's of men, women and children, based on the fact that they believed in different gods.

If one believes in reincarnation, as I do, one can also believe that No Death Is Permanent. The Great Flood, the purge of the Promised Land, Sodom & Gomorrah, all of them were purifications, purges, like lancing a boil. The guys God ordered them to kill were pus, they were poisoning humanity... and once they were killed and reincarnated later, they had a chance to not be pus, to choose to be righteous, kind, charitable, and to have new sets of less-wrong beliefs. You yourself may have been killed once by the Flood. I may have once worshiped Baal. God himself said there were other gods, but they were lesser gods. He made them too. Baal should be worshiping God the same as we do, but he's too self-important. Elevating one's self above God is the ultimate slap in his face.

If you don't believe in God, continue not believing and go in peace, because that's the way you're supposed to be. Why hang around arguing about it? Just to waste our time with responses? What is your purpose for debating the undebatable?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

HAHA! You're just teasing me now! Maybe God loves foreskins, as long s they're not attached!

Or maybe God doesn't give two rips about foreskins, and the Israelites sandwiched a hygiene practice into their religious practices.

Geez, have you even read the Old Testament? A lot of the "laws" outside of the Ten Commandments are just social, dietary and health related rules that have absolutely nothing to do with God.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The OT has it written as though god himself said it, so was it god or the Jews? If it was the Jews then how can you be so sure about all the other quotes attributed to god? What if they were all written by Jews and not god?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

What is your purpose for debating the undebatable?

The title of the thread, "God is real, you don't understand, HERE'S WHY!" and the OP is pretty much repeated in the first line of your reply.

If you believe in God, you can "feel" the truth of the Bible. So much in it makes sense to believers, but makes no sense at all to unbelievers. I don't believe the Bible because of anything any man said, I believe it because it resonates with me, it matches the way I already am and always have been.

SO, it's true because I feel it's true, and, because the Bible says it's true.

Sorry, it doesn't feel true to me. I especially don't believe in a god that has others do his killing for him, as the Old Testament God commands, all the time.

This Biblical deity is nothing more than a group of people's tribal god that is used for the justification of territorial war and ethnic cleansing, imo. The fact that you're pinning your faith in the fate of your immortal soul to this deity is mind boggling to me. But, I don't really care what others believe, as long as they keep their beliefs to themselves and don't try to legislate Old Testament doctrine into law, like same sex marriage, or abortion laws, or teaching creationism in the classroom, or displaying the 10 Commandments in courthouses.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

What are you "pinning your faith in the fate of your immortal soul to?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join