It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is real, you don't understand, HERE'S WHY!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

1 Corinthians 2:6-16
New King James Version (NKJV)
Spiritual Wisdom

6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”[a]
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?”[c] But we have the mind of Christ.

(I made some text bold)

The knowledge of God is given by the Holy Spirit. When you seek God with all your heart and commit your life to the truth that He is and that He loves you to the point of sending Jesus (Emmanuel, God with us) to die for YOU, you receive the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) and along with that, confirmation of the truth.
edit on 15-1-2013 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
can you explain how many times god has done this because there are many other "bibles" that are much older then the christian bible and all of them have similar stories to that of jesus and god.. As well as they out date what the christian bible says is the beginning of time.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Oh I get it now, the christian god is real because the bible say's so.

How have I been so dumb. /sarcasm
edit on 15-1-2013 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Gotta love that circular logic. The bible is real because its the word of the lord, and its the word of the lord because the bible says so.

Still waiting on proof here.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You can mock all you like, this was in the scripture in the OP, and here it applies perfectly.

14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I practice buddhism which btw is WAY older then the christian bible so yah... I think im good here. Not that I am knocking any religion or think mine is best but just saying Christianity makes absolutely as much sense as Scientology.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
You can mock all you like, this was in the scripture in the OP, and here it applies perfectly.

Well some bloke wrote that rubbish.

No different than this:

"Go forth and fornicate. Drink and be merry. Eat till you are full, puke and gorge some more. Enjoy everything in abundance, and smile."

I think that means I'm some sort of messiah. I just need to convince a load of people.

Here feeble minded people, heere boy..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

There is no mocking going on all we are asking for is some proof, why should I believe the OP and the bible and not one of the many hindu/greek etc.. Gods.

It's my own choice to seek Love, truth, happiness in everything that I do, the difference between us is that I don't do it out of fear of going to hell.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Are we talking about the same god that allows children to be murdered on a daily basis?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I'll see your weak argument and raise you a Dude.

edit on 15-1-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ovadose
reply to post by iSHRED

There is no mocking going on all we are asking for is some proof

Oh I get it now, the christian god is real because the bible say's so.

How have I been so dumb. /sarcasm
edit on 15-1-2013 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

nice

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123
Are we talking about the same god that allows children to be murdered on a daily basis?

If God intervened every single time someone was gonna do something wrong, then would we even be people or would we just be fleshy robots?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by iSHRED

I practice buddhism which btw is WAY older then the christian bible so yah... I think im good here.

And Beowulf slayed dragons in the 8th century AD.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

If God is all knowing and all powerful why create the human race if it knows exactly what the outcome is going to be AND have the audacity to send us to hell for the #ty circumstances that it put us in.

The most ignorant thing I've ever heard is people claiming to know what god is and feel they have the right to speak for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Which "god" are you referring to? Because if your referring to an almighty creator of everything ,then calling it "god" would probably be an insult. I highly doubt that any book would have anything to do with an almighty creator of atoms and molecules and design. In my opinion, the only people that have been in touch with a creator are the ones who have passed and come back, or didnt come back. Just what I think.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If God wants my love and attention than IT can come and talk to me personally.

But until that happens I refuse to believe hearsay and fear mongerers.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

God does speak to you, you have heard His message and you CHOOSE not to accept it. The truth doesn't change based on any circumstance, acceptance or denial... it merely remains the truth

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by iSHRED

AND have the audacity to send us to hell for the #ty circumstances that it put us in..

God doesn't send anyone to hell, all hell is is a place absent of the presence of God, (like space is absent of air)

He call all men and they decide to be in God's presence or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

, I like the way you say "it", makes more sense than when people humanize and say "him".

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Speaking for god again huh, When did he come to me and tell me his message? I don't remember?

If you're talking about the bible than prove it really is the word of a God and not just a piece of fear-mongering literature written by some elitest scum trying to control the population through fear.

As another member has stated the only proof is that the bible has plagerised other ancient texts. (knowing this you still believe it was written by some divine creator)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join