It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual Video Of Fast-Spinning Vela Pulsar Wobbling & Jetting X-Rays!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the post! S&F for finding this!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Getting to know the pulsars in our galaxy an universe is one of the best things we can do to make sure when we become an interstellar race, we know where we are going. The radio signals from these stars are perfect road signs and land marks that can be identified not only by sight but sound as well, as long as you have a radio telescope. These stars have always fascinated me, I want to see them closer, this is the closest I think I've eve seen and so see motion is amazing.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Awesome find!!!!

Makes me wonder though... How can we find something like this, but can't detect "Alien" craft entering the earth's atmosphere.....?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Phantasm
I've NEVER seen real VIDEO of a collapsing star wobbling ...

And you still havn't yet.

This 8 frame "movie" is just a sequence of photographs taken between "June and September 2010".
So they took a photo every few weeks and created an animation from them.

Technically it is a video, captured at a very low frame rate 8 frames per 4 months, this is no different than a camera dong the same at 25 fps, its still taking a sequence of photographs and putting them together to make a video just at a slower rate...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Heres the Pulsar at the center of the Crab Nebula with audio. I don't know if the audio is reproduced or actual...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It Seems as thought the video does not have audio. I believe its a very short clip and the sound is just a glitch at the end of said small clip. If you watch it closely it is a VERY short, repeating clip. My personal opinion of course. Either way i was excited when i watched the OP's vid.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How did they photograph an object just 12 miles and 1000 light-years away?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
How can you find something only 12 miles wide, 1000 light years away, that's impossible.

Its powerful X-ray emitter, so Chandra finds them easily.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cybro

a pulsar is a massive beacon of radiation, though its 12 miles wide, it pumps put more energy in an hour than our sun will in a year...theres no way something like that is flying under the radar.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

S&F OP great catch.

That's some amazing images.

Can't comment further as the complete ignorance of some posters has me wanting to invoke euthanasia or all of them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
nice post OP
just think anytime now Betelgeuse will go supa-nova! (over due)
now that will be a show
it will be strange as it will look like a second sun in our skies
and the spectacle will last around 2 weeks
not 8 photos!

edit on 16-1-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

That would be a life changing moment for the people who never really look up

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
How can you find something only 12 miles wide, 1000 light years away, that's impossible.

Are you saying you think the Chandra Xray Observatory is a hoax? You can dig for some information about it at NASA's site here: NASA's Chandra Page

I've had a lot of interest in Chandra, and I've never found anything fishy with the science behind it to make me think the images it's sending are fake.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

This 8 frame "movie" is just a sequence of photographs taken between "June and September 2010".

Technically it is a video, captured at a very low frame rate 8 frames per 4 months, this is no different than a camera dong the same at 25 fps, its still taking a sequence of photographs and putting them together to make a video just at a slower rate...

And with that...10 million posts in the history of the internet of people calling sequenced photos strung together "not video" were just smacked upside the head! I never thought of it that way (nor complained about someone calling such things videos), but you just nullified any complaints or arguments anyone can have to the contrary, and now people can safely call "super slow frame rate" videos...videos! Well done!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
Awesome find!!!!

Makes me wonder though... How can we find something like this, but can't detect "Alien" craft entering the earth's atmosphere.....?

Now that I'm working my way through the whole thread, I'm doing that obnoxious thing where I have 3 posts in a row >< Anyway...

Nobody has ever really claimed (or at least proven) that we can't see alien craft entering Earth's atmosphere. In fact, I would venture to guess that even if they're using high technology to "hide", we could detect alien craft entering the atmosphere...if they were there.

So two possibilities:

1) There aren't alien craft entering Earth's atmosphere.
or
2) The people who know aren't telling us about them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by roughycannon

And with that...10 million posts in the history of the internet of people calling sequenced photos strung together "not video" were just smacked upside the head! I never thought of it that way (nor complained about someone calling such things videos), but you just nullified any complaints or arguments anyone can have to the contrary, and now people can safely call "super slow frame rate" videos...videos! Well done!

Exactly! That's why I said in an earlier post that time works differently in space.
Just ask Dr. WHO!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join