It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born to lead? It's In Their DNA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ya know how conspiracy advocates are always ranting on about bloodline this and bloodline that. Maybe there's more to the story than just evil families trying to control the masses.

Born to Lead? Leadership Can Be an Inherited Trait, Study Finds
www.sciencedaily.com...

Dr De Neve said: "As recent as last August, Professor John Antonakis, who is known for his work on leadership, posed the question: 'is there a specific leadership gene?'

"This study allows us to answer yes -- to an extent. Although leadership should still be thought of predominantly as a skill to be developed, genetics -- in particular the rs4950 genotype -- can also play a significant role in predicting who is more likely to occupy leadership roles."

Granted, many of these individuals who find themselves in leadership roles have been nurtured into their positions and refined abilities. But, it seems that genetics as well have a role here.

So, is it possible that these families remain in control through out centuries, largely due to their genetics? Is this why they're all inbred(lol)?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

This is a possibility. The studies and information regarding genes and their effects on us is ever increasing.

I think in the case of leaders as we see them today though, it's the result of one or may be two people who actually had some sort of biological edge, and the rest in subsequent generations, simply feeding off that person's wealth and success.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't put too much stock in the whole genetics being responsible for behavior. Scientists keep looking into it but they often come up short of hard evidence. Another thing to keep in mind that genetic does not mean hereditary.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
I don't put too much stock in the whole genetics being responsible for behavior. Scientists keep looking into it but they often come up short of hard evidence. Another thing to keep in mind that genetic does not mean hereditary.

You don't think that the underlying foundation that gives way to a set of behaviors of an individual?

In my opinion, it's not that genetics outright dictates future behavioral patterns. Rather, it is the genetics that create a frame work that then allows for particular behaviors to be expressed. I also don't subscribe to a theory that suggest that genetics are our destiny, it has much to do with nurture and plasticity. Having said that, I do think that genetics define the variance of expressions between individuals, which is a terrible way to put it lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I don't put too much stock in the whole genetics being responsible for behavior. Scientists keep looking into it but they often come up short of hard evidence.

I go the other opinion, that a HUGE amount of our behaviour is genetically influenced, and much more than people realise.
But a simple example as proof of concept... men like women, women like men. Thats all genetic.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So this rs4950 gene is possessed by people who lack scruples or those without a conscience?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I don't put too much stock in the whole genetics being responsible for behavior. Scientists keep looking into it but they often come up short of hard evidence.

I go the other opinion, that a HUGE amount of our behaviour is genetically influenced, and much more than people realise.
But a simple example as proof of concept... men like women, women like men. Thats all genetic.

So is having 2 eyes and 2 ears and teeth. but that is a far cry from saying some are born leaders.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yes, psychopathy is in their DNA apparently. They're truly orcs, trolls and vamps. Only incredibly weak bullies need to enslave or even lead, instead of empower others.

top topics

join