It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Amendment ALERT!!! I just called Bank of America... you have to hear this!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Isn't it illegal to record a conversation on the phone without the other party being made aware of this?

Law abiding citizens need to start being law abiding.

But other than that, I can't believe the bank has such audacity. Now that would make me want a gun...

Corporations and banks are publicly held trusts (stockholders for example) They have no expectation nor right nor priveledge to privacy, not when they're publicly traded and I do beleive bank of america is. Hey it even looks like it's the top of the Publicly traded Companies List.

Yep And add to that a corporation is not a being. It is not a person and corporate personhood is a bloody crock of spit.
edit on 16-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 16-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: sentence fix

If I remember correctly from working in a call center myself (now this was over 5 years ago so things may have changed) there was about 40 states that did not require the consent of all parties to record a conversation (in the customer recording an agent situation). The other states both all parties had to be aware of a recording. Personally I did not mind one bit as an agent, I was recorded all the time and normally they only told me after the fact, but I had nothing to hide or fear so they got my permission anyway on tape. I remember California was one of those states.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

True that. I just think that a publicly held company has no expectations of privacy because they are to be accountable to their stockholders and customers. But where it's a person to person (both not representing any company) then that is against the law in most states, I believe.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

It was never an issue even discussed to us agents, it's something we had found out for ourselves and rarely did I ever hear anyone enforce their individual right (if applicable in that state) nor did the company make it mandatory. When I brought up the issue of recording with a company higher up she said it was up to the individual who was taking the call "within reason" (basically don't be a jerk about it). This was in house collections mind you, so many of us didn't bother opening that can of worms.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

No it isn't illegal. Difference between a phone tap and recording a personal conversation. That's how a lot of people get caught with threating and harassing...hold a recorder to phone.
edit on 17-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: Damn spell check changing my words. Swear spellcheck works for TPTB!!!!

Atleast in my state. My line of work is my source.
edit on 17-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: Add

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I was driving on a military base yeasterday and noticed a bank of America on the base...and I thought" that's ironic, you cant buy guns or amo through them, but they're on MILITARY bases" . And then it pissed me off.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I heard about this story yesterday didn't get a chance to post, glaad someone tried anyway. Good attempt at posting a warning, seems TPTB knew about it too. Because there's nothing but black and a message the video is private, Private??why was it up on Youtube to begin with if its private. Something is definately fishy the smell is bad.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

PAYPAL is your pal.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

BOA is NWO...just look at the murals in their lobby (NC HQS).

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Why would ANYONE use Bank of America???

We all know that they are the worst of the worst.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsman99
Like others have said I agree, just do a cash advance withdrawal on the card and pay cash!

However, as far as I know (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), that technically if it's a credit card, it's not YOUR money. It's the banks money they are lending to you, that you pay back. Hence the term "credit" card. Now if they were stopping purchases through debit, that's another story.

Hmm, if you need to borrow money and pay it back, how is it "yours"?

Its not OUR money, none of it and it never was, someone must first borrow money from the owners and the amount it takes to pay the interest is not monetized. Scammed for a hundred years and most haven't figured it out yet. Its a disaster waiting to happen. Soon.

edit on 12-5-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join