It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd amendment Alert!!! Bank of America bans purchases of gun's and ammo.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Creedo

Call me old fashion, but Ive never actually bought any guns/ammo with a check, bank card, or credit card. Every gun has been cash.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Creedo

and thank you ... can't view video on this machine.
although, i do find that surprising to say the least

hmmmm, all the more reason to dump them and support your local, member-owned credit union.

what's next ??
the grocery self-check refusing items at the checkout ??
i can see it now, only 1 6pk per purchase ... too many calories in this purchase ... denied

where will it end ???

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds this suspect?

Is there any other evidence in support of this?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

Is there any other evidence in support of this?

I had to find out myself, I went to an outdoorsman forum and this video was posted in a thread. 2 members stated they were able to make purchases and someone also brought up This, which leads me to believe that it could be the reason the rumor got started. So far thats all I could find but I can tell you that agent is not a source of anything other than the account information that pops up on his screen. If the policy is wide reaching and affects their customers they should have had a letter sent to them in advance and the agents would be advised on how to answer customer questions.
edit on 15-1-2013 by topherman420 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Creedo

Bummer!
But if folks would have taken my advice and dumped their banks and banking style institutions like I have been preaching for years, they would not have this problem.
Really folks, dump your bank!!!
They cannot exist without us, but we can THRIVE without them.
Buy a nice safe and get a gun and a few dogs!
I know where my money is and I have not payed a service charge in a very long time.
I have most probably saved myself thousands of fiats.
DUMP YOUR BANK!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You are right! I've been with Chase Bank since they were Washington Mutual and even since WaMu was Home Savings IIRC.... something like 20+ years with the same banking establishment...so yea.. it has been a long time coming. I need to look at local credit unions. I have always hated B of A... heard too many horror stories about them from friends and family.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Making The Call

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

Apparently not. These are the two top comments on the YouTube page for the video:

xBLACKxOPSxSECRETSx 49 minutes ago

MY LAST COMMENT.. I CALLED THEM AND THEY? SAID THIS IS NOT TRUE. GUYS TAKE A LISTEN! ? ? /watch?v=p5sJNCsFyYs ?

xBLACKxOPSxSECRETSx 43 minutes ago

PLUS SHE HAS? ADS AND A WEBSITE ON THIS VIDEO! ?

As usual, it's always a good idea to corroborate sources and not believe everything we see on the Internet.

edit on 1/16/2013 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I told my father about this last night. It infuriated him and he will be closing his BofA credit account.

Score!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

It's NOT TRUE!
That's what you get for believing every YouTube-posting idiot without checking around.

FITS and other outlets have confirmed that the bank – one of the biggest beneficiaries of bailout largesse three years ago – is NOT blocking credit and debit card purchases of guns and ammunition.

“At this time the viral video appears to be either mistaken, or outright false,” The Examiner reports. “Whether the employee misunderstood the question or the call was fake, the allegation at this time appears to be incorrect.”

Source

Score! ... and you were wrong.
edit on 1/16/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So is the AZ gun store owner also lying? If not, that would confirm something is going on.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

That's ONE person and the bank had good reason to freeze his account. His sales spiked by 500%. They froze it to investigate. Once they did, they released his account. One example does not make policy.

This customer's concerns have been resolved. Any spike in transaction volumes is routinely reviewed by the bank in order to protect our customers. This process is initiated regardless of the industry in which they do business. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Source

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by AwakeinNM

It's NOT TRUE!
That's what you get for believing every YouTube-posting idiot without checking around.

FITS and other outlets have confirmed that the bank – one of the biggest beneficiaries of bailout largesse three years ago – is NOT blocking credit and debit card purchases of guns and ammunition.

“At this time the viral video appears to be either mistaken, or outright false,” The Examiner reports. “Whether the employee misunderstood the question or the call was fake, the allegation at this time appears to be incorrect.”

Source

Score! ... and you were wrong.

Believe me when I tell you that neither he nor I need any YouTube video to stop doing business with those parasites. We have both had bad experiences with them and their "customer service". I don't really care if the video is fake - if it has the net effect of making people remove their money from that corrupt institution, more power to it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
if this isn't a warning to make a run at the bank of america and take all your money out, nothing will.

this isn't bout banning guns, this is about bank of america controlling preventing you from using your money.

i think everybody should go to the bank of america terms and conditions and read it very carefully.

i bet people are unwittingly giving their cash to bank of america and when and if people make a run, they'll find that they legally relinquished their cash.

<< 1   >>

join