It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Sheriff to VP: I won't enforce any new gun laws.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

Good to see. This is all it would take to stop the Federal encroachment on rights if we could get a majority of county sheriffs to do this.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It would be great to see LEO's coming out of the woodwork expressing their concern over the federal government's eagerness to usurp the constitution. I would like to see Veteran's taking a stand against these knee-jerk reactionary proposals. Clearly, the lines are being drawn.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The office of sheriff is the most powerful office in the US. A sheriff has the power to stop federal troops at the county line and refuse to allow them to cross into the county. If LEO's band together and support the citizens of this country, there is no way these draconian laws can be enforced.
Unfortunately, in my city, the cops (they don;t deserve to be called LEO') are all wussies, scared of their own shadows. I was recently pulled over on a routine traffic stop. I pulled into a well lit convience store lot. The next tthing I knew there was another car behind me. That cop was staring at me, trying to intimidate me.
I asked the cop who pulled me over why it took two cars for a routine traffic stop, he replied "Well that's just the way we do things.He's just checking in with me to make sure every thing is okay."
Dont' depend on your local officers, especially city cops. Most of them are wussies who are afraid of their own shadows.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

People should not be allowed to own assault rifles or clips that that have more then 12 bullets in them. That is my opinion. I think hand guns are fine, which I own one (1). I am not going to war, I do not need an arsenal, I do not feel comfortable that my neighbor is allowed to have 3000 guns.....no one person should own that much firepower.

If these type of gun laws were in place.....maybe some deaths could have been avoided!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

So... If TSHTF and you're dealing with looters.....you'll be fine with the fact that after the 12th shot and your weapon goes (click), the gang bangers you're trying to defend yourself from can just walk out from cover, stroll over to you and casually beat you half to death with your now empty weapon, right?

I mean, people aren't thinking....but that's nothing new. Politicians never think. It's what makes them charming on less important issues. However, IF THEY EVER THOUGHT something though....it might occur to them that as a criminal in New York State within a year or so (gotta give time for those desperate magazine criminals to be caught and busted with their contraband 15-20 rd magazines
) it'll be realistic for a bad guy to just count rounds fired to know when a pain in the butt has become a victim again and helpless....as good victims ought to be.

7 rounds plus a click....and you're at the mercy of the gang banger you considered necessary to shoot and kill before you ran dry on the short magazine. I hope that works out for ya...if ever the day should come. It's come for plenty of others....including the kid in Houston that defended his sister recently with an AR-15 and 30rd magazines.
I'll bet he can make quite a case for NEEDING more than a few pitiful rounds to kinda throw at the bad guy.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

People should not be allowed to own assault rifles or clips that that have more then 12 bullets in them. That is my opinion. I think hand guns are fine, which I own one (1). I am not going to war, I do not need an arsenal, I do not feel comfortable that my neighbor is allowed to have 3000 guns.....no one person should own that much firepower.

If these type of gun laws were in place.....maybe some deaths could have been avoided!

Could is what your basing this off of no facts. Take Chicago, New York and California all have really strick gun laws and guess what nothing crime has gone up and up. As a matter of fact Chicago has one highest murder rates in the country doing as far as more then troops in Afghanistan. Also the highest global city murder rate. Here is some proof to back me up. So get your facts right it would have in no way stopped any one. Criminals will be the ones with guns when its criminal to own one, that means when caught hes going down with a fight.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
LINK
I found this letter to be a well written response to the reactionary rush to push through new gun legislation. This Sheriff has served this country in the military, and continued to serve the public for 28 years in the Sheriff's office. He took an oath to defend the constitution, and he is dead serious about keeping it. I hope more law enforcement and military personnel step up to the plate and let their voices be heard!

When is everyone going to wake up and see that we are so divided as a country right now? This is the real agenda. None of this stuff will go through and will eventually be stopped. It's all just to separate us and bring up race, religion, ideas, laws, difference. It's pointless and stupid.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Does anyone know if similar official resistance and refusal happened in the lead up to the '94 AWB?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I don't personally recall anything like this in 1993/94. It was a radically different nation then too. Even Oklahoma City hadn't yet happened to us and hell...The Stockton Schoolyard shooting was fresh enough to be reminded of with the bloodbath of the Cocaine wars of the late 80's in every major city across our nation being VERY fresh. No one honestly knew then that the AWB wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to the homicide rate as looked at 10 years later ..or any other major crime index for that matter ...so no, I don't recall the resistance anywhere near this.

I think that was the nation's "Burn me once, shame on you" moment. It's the 2nd or third burn this time and people flat won't stand for it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You guys know just like i do. Any government official that doesn't go by what the federal law states, He or she will either be removed from office, jailed, or killed. Even though they are standing up for what they believe in it isn't going to be long before they have to bow down or be dealt with.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Djayed

So... If TSHTF and you're dealing with looters.....

7 rounds plus a click....and you're at the mercy of the gang banger you considered necessary to shoot and kill before you ran dry on the short magazine. I hope that works out for ya...if ever the day should come. It's come for plenty of others....including the kid in Houston that defended his sister recently with an AR-15 and 30rd magazines.
I'll bet he can make quite a case for NEEDING more than a few pitiful rounds to kinda throw at the bad guy.

I am a good shot, I am not worried about running out of bullets in my clip, LoL. The kid in Houston, how could you say for 100% that he needed that AR-15 with 30 round clip to defends his sister, who is to say he couldn't do the same thing with a hand gun.

We need gun control, look what happened in Scottland! It worked for them..and let's be honest, the Scott's are a rowdy bunch!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by speeddr2000

Originally posted by Djayed

Could is what your basing this off of no facts. Take Chicago, New York and California all have really strick gun laws and guess what nothing crime has gone up and up. As a matter of fact Chicago has one highest murder rates in the country doing as far as more then troops in Afghanistan. Also the highest global city murder rate. Here is some proof to back me up. So get your facts right it would have in no way stopped any one. Criminals will be the ones with guns when its criminal to own one, that means when caught hes going down with a fight.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.nbcchicago.com...

We do not have proper gun control in any state....gun shows and auctions are a perfect example. Try looking at a country that has implemented gun control and the statistics with gun crimes.
Link

So most people against gun control in the US base there stance on a fact-less arguments because the do not truly understand, because they do not live in a country with real gun control.

You cant comment on something you haven't expierences..everyone just uses hypotheses to defend their arguments , but the "what if's " do not hold up against the things that have recently happened.

edit on 1/16/2013 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
Great post, these idiots forget who has the real power in this country; WE THE PEOPLE! We are the bosses, it is time they are reminded of that fact.

Are you New?
Heres a Reminder of who the Bosses are.
Interviewer States "Two thirds of Americans say its just not worth it" (Iraq War)
Cheney replies " So"

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Great, but how many hapless pot smokers has Mr. Sheriff arrested and put in a cage because they were in possession of a completely harmless God-created plant?

Funny how the flag-waving 'liberty and freedom' crowd doesn't really believe in freedom.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Magazine size limits are completely pointless and nothing more than liberal feel good legislation to make ignorant people feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The below video shows just how ineffective such magazine size limits would be. At about 3:50 minutes into the video he gives an example of why such silly asinine laws would be completely futile. But this doesn't stop a simple minded tool like Obama from fooling the U.S. people that he's doing something good!

"fake Obama tears" FOR THE CHILDREN'S SAKE!!! "fake Obama tears"

edit on 16-1-2013 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Not really new, been lurking for years. Every President since Kennedy was killed has, been marching us slowly down this road of absolute corruption, where the people have no voice. In reality, the federal government has grown wildly beyond what was originally intended.

We are their bosses, we pay they salaries, and we vote them in. They have forgotten that fact, and have long since stopped listening or caring about the will of the people. The problem now, is public opinion is easily swayed by the media (government propaganda) and the people just go along with what they are told is best for them. People now days are so divided that there never can be a consensus about anything, and politicians take advantage of that, creating legislature that does not have the consent of the governed.

edit on 1/16/13 by VikingWarlord because: added content

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oregon puts Government second to the people that live there. They don't care what is popular or what the rest of the country is doing, they want to preserve a quality of life that isn't controlled by people that don't live there.

They're a very forward thinking state, and one that a lot of states could learn from.

Example - They don't let people pump their own gas because they like having the extra jobs. Little things like this a lot of people over look as weird, when in reality they're doing a service for the community.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

First of all, it is called a magazine. I really don't think anyone who does not know very much about weapons should be dictating what we can or cannot own. There are plenty of disarmed countries with no "scary assault weapons" that you could relocate to. I have no illusions that this country is truly free, given our current prison population, however I would like to retain what little remains of our freedoms. The second amendment guarantees the others, when it goes, so does the rest. No new gun laws, how about tax breaks on gun safes?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

No sales tax either. Our current governor is going to run the state into the ground, and I don't agree with anything he has done, including doing away with executions of prisoners sentenced to death. I am looking into other states like Wyoming or Montana to move to. Oregon is beautiful, but Portland, and the Willamette valley are full of California transplants and illegals. I have lived here my whole life, and have watched it slowly be transformed into something unrecognizable. Time to bail.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

This is what I am talking about.

Thank you sir, where ever you are.

Thank God for loyal and brave citizens like this man. hats off to you sheriff. You are my hero today.

We need more people like this guy if we are going to preserve the union and not break down as a country violating its most sacred laws at a whim.

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

edit on 16-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join