It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Worry, They're Only Going to Confiscate the Guns from the Crazies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
First off, to anyone who says that gun confiscation isn't part of the agenda, here's Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal.

Here's the direct quote at the end of the video:

The state of Connecticut has a law that provides for siezure of weapons, literally siezure by police, without a warrant, of weapons from people who pose a danger to themselves or others. There's then a court process that person can, in effect, get their guns or firearms back if they can convince a judge that they have been wrongly siezed. So that kind of siezure law, unique to Connecticut right now, is one that can be broadened perhaps very usefully to other states across the country.

It bears repeating, WITHOUT A WARRANT. This downgrades the 2nd Amendment from a "right" to bear arms, to a "privilege", and I imagine anyone who has their guns confiscated will find it not only extremely slow and difficult to get them back, but very expensive as well.

But then of course, only those who are mentally ill will have their guns confiscated, right? But then who are the arbiters of mental illness, who decides who is crazy and who is sane? Where is the line drawn? It's important to note that neither Adam Lanza nor James Holmes were diagnosed as seriously mentally ill until after they went off the reservation, and while it sounds like a good idea to add a mental health provision to the background checks already in place, it paves the way for government to not only refuse the sale of weapons, but also seize them from whomever they please. While no one wants John Q. Nutcase to have access to firearms, we should tread very carefully when allowing federal agencies to be the final judge of whether an individual is sane enough to have their second amendment right.

Make no mistake, mental health is the gateway to total gun control. At first it will only be the seriously mentally ill and those who have been institutionalized who will have their rights stripped, but then it will expand:

You went to a shrink and got antidepressants after your wife left you? You're a potential threat, no gun for you.
Your parents divorced so you misbehaved in class and got sent to the school psychiatrist? You could go back to that school and shoot the place up, sorry, no guns for you.
You believe the government orchestrated 9-11? Only a crazy person would believe such things, you're definitely not getting a gun.
You regularly visit conspiracy websites like ATS? You get the picture.

Notice how when somebody is labeled as a "conspiracy theorist" on television, is is almost always preceded by "crazy", "paranoid", or both.

So ask yourself then, are you "sane" enough to own a gun? If yours were confiscated tomorrow and you had to go before a judge, do you think the judge would give them back? What if they read aloud your rantings on ATS in that courtroom during the proceedings, brought up your Facebook page and showed e-mail correspondences, how likely are you to get your guns back now? As Homer Simpson learned, it's awfully hard to get that red "Insane" stamp scrubbed off your hand.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Indeed.. This has happened before. It's happening in some places in the world now.

Two dialogs took place in two different countries, and although they took place three decades apart, they are astonishingly and chillingly similar. The scene was all too common in psychiatric hospitals in the former Soviet Union and now in present-day China. The Soviet Communist Party (CPSU) and Chinese Communist Party (CCP) use psychiatric confinement as a method to persecute and punish political prisoners.

The first dialog was between a psychiatrist and dissident General Petro Grigorievich Grigorenko in the former Soviet Union. General Grigorenko was once involved in the Soviet Union's Great Patriotic War and other major battles. He had made meritorious contributions to the Soviet Red Army and received distinguished honors. However, because he dared to criticize Soviet leaders and the Soviet regime, he was persecuted by the KGB several times.

When the doctor asked him whether he had changed his convictions, General Grigorenko replied, "Convictions are not like gloves; they are not easily changed."

The doctor said, “Then, you will need to continue your treatment.”
Source

Bad times we're in. They're certainly times I never thought I'd see here in my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

This supports my theory being discussed here. I agree with your perception 100%.

Mental Health

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's good they are taking them from the crazies and not the nuts. We'd be gunless at ATS

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The crazies (or to be PC the mentally ill) ARE NOT MORE VIOLENT than the general population. They have a lower rate of violence.

Most people who kill are perfectly sane.

I just heard there are going to be mental health background checks. What the heck is this?
A database of people based on what?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Your mental health database coming under Obamacare. I even see random drug tests for the citizenry. I mean if you got nothing to hide why not care to piss in the cup?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If you answer Yes to any of these Questions - You should not be allowed to Own a Gun

Do you ever talk to yourself?
Do you ever hear voices in your head?
Do you enjoy setting fire to things?
Do you check under your bed before you go to sleep?
Have you ever tried to play a record backwards to search for hidden messages?
Do you hear people calling your name on the background of certain records?
Do you ever change subjects in the middle of a sentence?
Have you ever set fire to ants with a magnifying glass.?
Have you ever opened the back of your television to let all the little people out?
Have you ever tried to check if the light is still on when the fridge door is closed?
Do you dislike seeing yourself on video?
Do you hit yourself when you get nervous?
Have you ever tried to kill flies with an elastic band?
Do you ever find yourself singing 'singing in the rain' in the rain?
Have you ever had secret desires to be a Weather man?
Do you draw pictures of people getting violently injured (e.g. decapitated, shot etc.) ?
Are you subject to fits of depression?
Do you ever talk in silly voices (whilst alone)?
Do you cut your own hair?
Have you ever accidentally destroyed a return bus ticket while fiddling with it on the bus?
Do you lock the toilet door even though you know you are the only person in the house?
When you walk down a street do people usually cross over the road or press themselves against a wall?
Do you wear a hat?
Do you blow on a piece of food that has fallen on the floor before eating it?
Link

I answer Yes to most of them

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Nice thread, you're right on the money. We'll always have our 2nd Amendment, there just won't be anyone "sane" enough to legally exercise that right.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's good they are taking them from the crazies and not the nuts.

They don't like the nuts either. Notice how defenders of the 2nd are always labeled gun "nuts". So if you believe you need firearms to keep tyrannical government at bay, then you're a gun "nut", and definitely shouldn't own a gun.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Yes,Americans have every right to be gravely,gravely concerned about this one.Look at this site,as a prime example.I can come on here ON ANY GIVEN DAY-and find at least one thread where-in the OP and members who agree,or offers input along similar lines,are dismissed out of hand as crazy.Often its suggested (and THIS is TROUBLING- SUGGESTED IN ALL NICENESS AND SINCERITY) that the OP seek psychiatic help for mental illness,usually the favorite,schizophrenha.Ive seen this especially in threads dealing with metaphysical subject matter,even in cases where its very clear that the OP is a nice,decent Joe/Jill average,just the normal everyday person who happens to have had an inexplicable experience/sighting of something puzzling.All your government would have to do,would be to offer cash rewards to those offering up info on "mentally unbalanced" gun owners...THEY WOULD'NT EVEN NEED TO BAN GUNS.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Makes sense as to why Alex Jones appeared the way he has recently in more than one place huh? He is a Judas Goat I believe. To many he seemed out of control anf fanatical.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
according to the national institute of health...
about one in every four people in america have some type of mental disorder....
www.nimh.nih.gov...

start doing mental health evaluations for those who want to buy guns...how much you wanna bet that that number will skyrocket?? heck to an evaluation of everyone, I bet they would find that the United States if just filled full of nuts!!

keep in mind, the person doing the evaluation has an interest in finding a problem, that way they can reschdule you for another hour long session at $100 a pop and perscribe you drugs that might cause you to become a homocidal fruitcake ... it's more money for them!!!

and well, if the person you are talking to is like me, and you want your gun to hunt those poor innocent critters roaming around in the forest..well, that's just plain cruel, and ya know, cruelity to animals is a sign of a sick, sick mind!!!

everywhere I turn now days, I am finding people with bipolar disorder, panic attacks, and on and on...
give them time, we will all be labeled as nuts!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

that is because he's out of control and fanatical...
he does raise up some interesting issues though.
think of him as a canary in the coal mine, as long as he's out there acting the way he does hasn't disappeared, more than likely we won't be.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'd like to see a basis for this argument of theirs.
It seems to me that there could be just as many "crazies" out there, who have had no previous or formal diagnosis from a professional of any kind, nor are under the care of any psychiatrist or otherwise, and would have no reason to be, until the first episode where they "SNAP".
You simply can't protect everyone by saying the majority of the populace could be a danger to themselves or others.
ANYBODY can go postal at any given time with no prior history...it only takes one bad set of circumstances for somebody to have a psychotic break.
It's nothing more than this..and all of us know it...

And they are laughing, because many don't even realize what is going on,and those that do are powerless to stop it
Welcome to the one way train to hell...TICKET PLEASE !.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Makes sense as to why Alex Jones appeared the way he has recently in more than one place huh? He is a Judas Goat I believe. To many he seemed out of control anf fanatical.

I think Alex is out of control 'cause he's had enough. He knew Piers wasn't going to let him get a word in edgewise so he just let him have it. I see a lot of talk about AJ being a shill or controlled opposition, but I just don't buy. He's woken up too many people, including myself.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Guns are not going to be confiscated, until they are.

When are they going to label "patriotic" a mental disease?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Guns are not going to be confiscated, until they are.

When are they going to label "patriotic" a mental disease?

It is a mental disease

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

National Healthcare will probably take care of that. Everyone will examined and labeled depending on their political affiliation. Absurd you say? Yes and no. We know all laws are abused. This will without a doubt be abused. It will take a few years but it will come. As far as the intent of the law it sounds good. Everything Liberals do has unintended consequences. This one will be no different. Sad thing is that i agree mentally ill people should be identified. I just don't think it should be as simple as taking their guns. They should get medical help. Sincere medical help. The cause should be identified as well. That is however deeply rooted in society. For that to happen a lot of people would have to admit they were wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
There's going to be an increase of federal school grants to help diagnose mental illness, there will be a sharp decrease in medical physicians ... an increase in prescription drugs .... its a win win for the corporations.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

There's going to be an increase of federal school grants to help diagnose mental illness
reply to post by Skydancer

How convenient, they load up kids on psych drugs and when they snap, more money is appropriated to allow more Pharma repped shrinks into school so they can push more kids onto drugs. When new mental health provisions are added to firearms background checks, most kids will have voided their second amendment right by the time they hit middle school.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join