It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Amendment lovers in NY; Time to vote with your feet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
I noticed that one of the participants of the conversation mentioned that Florida's crime rate fell after the right to carry law passed. A closer review of the chart shows violent crime rate began falling prior to the passage of the law. Furthermore, the crime rate nationally has been falling consistently for a whole slew of reasons ranging from longer prison sentences, new law enforcement tactics, improved economic conditions, Roe v. Wade, etc....

I for one love NY and would never move. I am glad we have responsible politicians here regarding gun regulation. Finally, if you think you are safer in the "liberal" gun states (completely wrong use of the word liberal), then take a look at the FBI crime states. In particular lets look at Florida vs. New York. The Murder rate in Florida per 100,000 people is 5.2 while in New York its 4.0. That means you are 20% more likely to be murdered in Florida than in New York. Do you guns make you safe, or is it just a false sense of security?

FBI 2011 Stats

Statistics prove nothing! They are simply an indicator...One facet of a myriad of contributing factors that does not, by itself, prove anything...
But let's examine Florida gun laws, a little more closely.
When the Concealed carry law was reinstated back in the '80s, it's opponents said that blood would run in the streets! They said that we would have "daily shootings over parking spaces"... NO such thing occured.

As for your statistics, regarding the safety of Floridians vs. New Yorkers, I must say, that averaging the numbers across the entire state is a bit misleading...
The vast majority of "murders" in my state, take place in the over-populated, urban centers found throughout.
So, if the same stats were applied to just towns, I would wager that NYC would beat Orlando, Tampa Bay or Miami-Dade, hands down...Well, maybe not Miami, but...

As for the "false sense of security" you so absolutely claimed, guns do not make us feel safe! That is absurd! A gun is simply leverage. It is an ace in the hole, and possessing one, may just save your life one day! But, while that thought may give one a bit of peace of mind, it MUST be tempered with due diligence and preparation! Knowing what you and your weapon are capable of, is what lends itself to that feeling of being prepared. And the act of readying one's self, is the key to survival! The tools merely assist in that endeavor.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I found this interesting... it deserves its own thread so feel free to start one ...

Chicago Police Chief: We’ll Shoot Licensed Civilians With Guns

“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

Way to protect and serve the corrupt politicians and screw the people there Mr. Police Chief... May your weapon malfunction when you need it most.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I don't think running to a new state is going to fix anything. If people run now, they will always run.Enough running, if New Yorkers don't like this, then they need to fight this and vote people in who will protect there interest.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceOfEarth

There's a petition here to impeach our useless governor here: petitions.whitehouse.gov...
and also one to repeal the gun bill here: petitions.whitehouse.gov...
I hope more people sign it, we need to make an example out of Ny to vote this idiot out.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think we all know, or should that the American Greenback is threatened. What has this to do with this thread? Well recently within the last few months many of the world governments have decided to abandon the use of the Greenback, led primarily by China and Russia. While I don't see this as hostility, I see it more as and effort to secure for themselves a more solid and secure monetary base. We as Americans have been baited by Big Banking or 'TPTB' ie. Rockafeller's and Rothschilds, and they have pretty well enslaved us, and have ambitions on world dominance. The Russians and Chinese were keenly aware of this and have taken steps to eliminate their threat to their monetary systems. We will be left ripe for our own government to essentially enslave us at worst, and at best install a King, Dictator, Tyrant or singular head of government. Without arms we are threatened both by this coup in government and outside intervention like the United Nations. I fear the United Nations the most. It's all culminating soon, and it would behoove all citizens to be prepared, or face the consequences of inaction or surrendering your weapons and becoming defenseless.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceOfEarth
I don't think running to a new state is going to fix anything. If people run now, they will always run.Enough running, if New Yorkers don't like this, then they need to fight this and vote people in who will protect there interest.

I fully agree. And while I have never been to NY, I would be unlikely to even visit, or for that matter travel much north of Virginia.
Your statement reminds me of the reason a lot of Mexicans have fled Mexico. Rather than fight the corruption en mass, they have decided to leave it behind to live instead here where we Have Fought for our Freedoms, on our Own Soil I might add.
No one will Give us freedom, we must Earn it or Seize it by overwhelming Force from tyrants and Despots.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I might move to Texas. I am living in Europe right now, but am working to move back to the states soon. I am a New Yorker through and through, BUT, I cant live in a place that during this transitional time of historical importance to our country, just bends over and acts like traitors to the rest of its people.

I am at a loss. I want to make MY home better, but I am seeing aspects of it I just dont like and see as useless to try and change. I guess I have changed in the 5 years away.

I am going to enlist as soon as I get settled. I may move out to Texas though and just do it from there. My sister lives there and she says it is great.

I will miss my friends, and everyone else. My dad.

I have my wife and daughter to think of though. Do I really want to raise a New Yorker like the ones NY is pumping out today in age?

I am a son of the republic and what NY is doing really reaches my core. I am passionate for just about everything. Sometimes to a point of insanity. This is different though. My blood boils over when I think of being surrounded by traitors.

I may do just what you suggest. I can become a Texan, because I am an American. Proudly, lovingly, honestly.

I am ashamed to call myself a New Yorker lately. My home state has sold out. We must be ready though. We must stand firm at each others side. Against all odds we must at least TRY to preserve our union.

The encroaching Federation is almost ominous on the horizon. Talk of killing US citizens, terminology that makes our ex military potential enemies of state, propaganda being formalized, illegal search and seizure, illegal detention without due process, black listed literature. The list goes on and on.

I may not be part of "that" country anymore. Good thing we have 50 to choose from.

Texas........

edit on 16-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
As these states become more extreme and force out anyone who disagrees with their extremism that in turn will make the states they fled to more extreme.

All these "violence prevention" laws are only going to result in more violence down the road as each state grows more extreme and the division in the nation widens.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

yeah

There is a reason why things are the way they are. How else do you get 50 separate groups of people to cooperate? You cant FORCE them to. That is so arrogant and idiotic, I dont know where to begin except to hand who ever does advocate such a thing a history book.

We had a great system. Now, we will break apart the union because of self righteous fools that think to highly of them selves and their ideals not enough of those that have preserved us for generations.

We may come back together, but it will cost us allot in the mean time. I do think we will be the generation of idiots to play into our enemies hands and break the union apart.

Then they rot us from the inside one by one like they did in DC until we have had enough. Our grand kids might fight a second war of independence from whom ever reveals themselves once our house of cards falls.

I would tell them then to follow the trail back to its source and rid the planet of it. Dont just stop at our historical borders. If we had kept going from our first revolutionary war and followed our enemies back to Europe, we wouldnt have had them infiltrate us years later like they do in every country they inhabit. they make it rotten from the inside out.

Next time they push and we survive, go after them. Dont just defend. Follow them into their strongholds and eradicate them from our existence.

I dont know. I like to see how things play out in the future. If this is read in many years somehow, know that is what THIS generation would ask of you. End it. Once and for all.....

edit on 16-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I would leave this state in a heartbeat (albeit sadly) if i had a job and a place to live for me and my two fur-babies. I can't find a job here!

It's ridiculous with the cost of taxes, the job market...every thing in NYS..and now this new law? Screw this place.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by eXia7

Indeed. This is a part of a lager plan. We have another UN small arms treaty up for vote in March (I think). If we are the only nation that does not sign off on it, I fear the international community will try to force it on us.

Reid vs. Covert - The Constitution supersedes any and all international treaties...

In addition, for those who cannot leave NY or just for those interested, a class action lawsuit for all NY gun owners is being initiated. More information can be found here:
www.dailypaul.com...

S&F, OP!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Money in politics is our biggest problem in our country today,its the spawn of all this crap. Who ever has the most money has the biggest voice. But we have to remember the people can use the same system these corporations and banking institutions use. Money is how the people will win on the local scale, which is way easier then on a national scale. We need to focus on the local elections because they are cheaper. Form your own pac and get the money to the people who you need to win. Thats the only way you are getting anything done in 2013. Your so called representatives don't care what the people think, they care what the big money donors think.

So until we get money out politics, we the people have to become the big money donors.
it's all about money, so we have to use there love of money against them and that's the only way.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I just read on MSN that the new York Gun law messed up, they did not provide an exclusion for cops, The NYPD are just like the citizens now they are not allowed to carry no more the 7 rounds in their pistols. I bet that gets a slurry started when they are used to carrying 15 round clips. This could get interesting real fast, seeing as the law is set to go into effect in march. The link: news.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

OP - I think we have too many New Yorkers and other yanks in Texas already.

Seriously though, I think it’s important that like-minded people (and states) ban together to send a message to the federal government. This is the only way to show our numbers; strength in numbers. I can put up with a few more New Yorkers for the sake of freedom.

S&F

(EDIT - Please, no hateful PM's from New Yorkers....I was kidding)

edit on 18-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join