It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseen beast brutally killing dogs in Missouri town

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
I grew up in Missouri and the stories of panthers and mountain lions are many, and the mountain lions apparently are making a comeback. Not sure about the panthers, lots of old tales abound all over Mizzu about them.

Mountain Lion on the prowl
edit on 15-1-2013 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

Beautiful.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I've been working in the Veterinary field since 1995. I have never seen a dog or any animal
that has been attacked by a Cougar in the Los Angeles area of CA. Never had an animal come in
that had been attacked by a bear. The East Coast was a different story as I experienced many
dogs that had been attacked by bears. I was astounded to find out that many hunters cut their
dogs lose as in abandon them in the mountains of NC at the end of hunting season.
Bear hunting was an eye opening experience. What I'm posting is in regards to me own
personal experience working ER for ~ 15 yrs with 6 yrs in NC.
I could not believe that hunters prior to hunting season would take their dogs out to hunt
bears. The hunters say they are getting their dogs seasoned & trained. The bloody dogs have
no other protection, only themselves since it's out of season & the hunter is either not carrying
& for sure is not shooting on the dogs behalf. I saw many hunting dogs admitted due to being
sliced up by the claws of a bear...& the wound can be quite long & deep from superficial to a
few inches deep.

A cougar usually attacks mostly the throat & jugular area & I don't think your dog would be
alive if attacked by a Big Cat. Big Cat's rarely attack dogs especially med to lg ones & when
they attack as far as I know they usually kill their prey & devour them. I am NO expert but
have worked with many exotics including Big Cats.
As far as the Wild Boar goes, yes they will attack. The laceration on your dog seems too high
for the tusk which would usually be an abdomen puncture or puncture & rip.
Like I said I'm not an expert & could be wrong, just throwing in me 2 cents.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
So, professionally speaking, you say bear?

Don't Wild Pigs grow to humongous sizes down in that area?
edit on 20-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I know this sounds bizarre and you'd laugh but my neighbours deaf and practically blind dog was throttled by a big male kangaroo in South Australia a few nights back. Similar downwards slashes where the roo grabs the animal by its front legs and slashes downwards with its back feet and claws with great force. Dog needed 30 or so stitches to fix up the 3 massive slashes that cut right into the muscle. Has any mad animal collector dumped any aggressive male roos out that way.... They get over fences very easy and wander a fair distance........

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What about this beautiful bastard...
Cassowary Bird

They can reach 5 to 6 1/2 feet tall and have attacked/killed humans with their razor sharp toe-claws.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join