It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseen beast brutally killing dogs in Missouri town

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Source

Since Thanksgiving, residents of Neosho, Missouri have been living in fear of a mysterious beast stalking their forest and viciously attacking their pets. The attacks have so far claimed the lives of two dogs, and the community has banded together to hire professional trackers over fears that the next set of incidents may happen to them.

Reta Liles is the owner of two dogs that have been attacked, one more fortunate than the other. Her golden lab, Buddy, was found dead, while her dog Punk'n survived with a set of ferocious battle wounds.

"Two slashes across her back, and in some places, it's two inches deep," Reta told the KSN Local News. "It was bad. She was laid open from side to side."

So far, at least 8 canine companions from the Mint Lane neighborhood have been the victims of the unexplained attacks, and it hasn't just been the smaller breeds with the nasty run ins. Larger, more powerful dogs like pit bulls and mastiffs have been found wounded as well, prompting concern that whatever is behind the attacks is big, mean, and very scary.

Chupacabra?

This is crazy! As a dog owner, who loves his dog I would hate to see this happening around me.

Something that is killing pit-bulls and mastiffs would not be a small creature and would have to have some strength behind it.

This could turn out to be just a feral dog, but it could be something more interesting...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Why wouldn't it be a Bear ?

I reckon a Bear could do that kinda damage to a dog if a dog got too close.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Cougars.
They'll take down large dogs easily.

Mountain lions are clawing their way back in the Midwest, according to new research. While sightings haven’t been confirmed in the far corner of Southwest Missouri, there have been sightings as close as Springfield and Tulsa, Okla.

From the Joplin Globe.
Not sure if the link will work, it was acting weird when I tried to capture it.

www.joplinglobe.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Lots of things in the forest have that kind of attacking ability-bear, big cats, heck, some birds even.
edit on 15-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it was probably a cougar. I have friends in Missouri that hunt a lot and they have said that it's rare, but every few seasons they have found cougar tracks and one of them has actually seen one. Maybe it's hungry and has ventured closer to town in search of food. A full grown cougar could take down a pitbull or a mastiff.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hey none of this clear thinking stuff going on here.

What about Chupacabra?

In all reality it could be a cougar or a bear, but generally wild animals do not leave kill lying there. They will eat what they kill, and not just slice it once.

Generally...

Pred...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Good sized raccoon could do it too

Razors for teeth

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Cougar would be my guess as well. I'm just down the road from Neosho, and while the Game and Fish Commission still denies Cougars in this area, I have personally seen them twice in the wild around here. Once I interrupted one's hunt. Scared the hell out of me.

I would imagine the cat is getting close to the homes and is being confronted by the dogs. Dog loses that fight every time. And unless the cat is hungry it isn't gonna eat the dog.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Has anyone considered it could be a human doing it? They are the most ferocious predators that frequent those parts multiple animal fatalities can already be attributed to them.
f it was Australia I would say it could be a drop bear.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kanng

I've heard of a raccoon killing a Rottweiler, but I would imagine that would be very rare. This animal has attacked several dogs. Including Pitts. I doubt its a coon.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I grew up in Missouri and the stories of panthers and mountain lions are many, and the mountain lions apparently are making a comeback. Not sure about the panthers, lots of old tales abound all over Mizzu about them.

Mountain Lion on the prowl
edit on 15-1-2013 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Honestly it is one animal I would just as soon not see make a comeback. I often find myself in places that would be prime cougar real estate. Haha

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
...Any thoughts?

Pred...

This is Hillbilly country, we're talking about...
What about an Ozark Mountain Daredevil?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

I agree Shirak, this does sound very much like the work of a Drop Bear.
Interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
I grew up in Missouri and the stories of panthers and mountain lions are many, and the mountain lions apparently are making a comeback. Not sure about the panthers, lots of old tales abound all over Mizzu about them.

Mountain Lion on the prowl
edit on 15-1-2013 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

OMG
My dad works the Ambulance in Van Buren. He's gotta see this, he'll love it!

..Anyway, if it's not a cat it's somethin like it. Don't go to Misseruh looking for no Chupacabra, you might get et by somethin worse

edit on 1/16/13 by Billie828 because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Poor guy, man that sucks. I hate seeing the most loyal friend man has ever had on this planet get hurt like that.
His owners better treat him like gold the rest of his life. Cause you know damn well he confronted the beast protecting them. Labs are a brave breed.
edit on 16-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Anyone prepared to consider a wild pig.They are everywhere,they breed like fleas and are quite vicious when challenged.Sharp tusks like razors and they are very aggressive. Just a thought as they are common through out the country.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

I thought drop bears were a joke for the tourists. I agree that it is probably a human though. Maybe deluded people who think they are satanists.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hmm...

So what kind of creature leaves 2, two inch deep cuts in one animal, and doesn't seem interested in eating any of the other animals it has killed?

I like Wild Pig for this..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join