It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the gun ban list seems a little redundant to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So if we ban mags containg more than 7 rounds will that saves lives during a spree killing? I argue that it wont as it can take less than a second to pop in a fresh clip and if you only fire 6 you wont have to recock the gun. I wonder does our government think that a madman trying to kill unarmed innocents will only carry one clip or that they would not of practiced reloading quickly.

If forsight tells us anything it is that they know full well that these measures are for not ,just a dog and pony show to trick those foolish enough to belive compromising the second amendment will garner them or their children any protection. Soo then why are they setting this up well in my opinion its to create the first crack that will ultimately destroy our second amendment's support.

You see if you get enough support on both sides to compromise then a tragedy occurs that uses weapons considered still legal under the ban guess what time to compromise again then again. We would compromise ourselves into being disarmed.

What about ammo restrictions and registrations? Most of these shooters fired less than 60 rounds which is just above standard box count depending on caliber. So how many boxes can you buy before coming under investigation and getting a friendly knock at your door? 2 maybe 3 then what do you go on a list are you forced to show what weapons you are buying them for?

What if you feel that registering your weapons is a violation of privacy as being put on a public list makes your home a target for those seeking to steal your now banned guns while you work. Or even worse trigger happy cops show up because you and your significant other argued to loudly and raid your house cause you are known to poses dangerous guns.

Why should you be taxed on the weapons you have already paid taxes on and bought as a free citizen with no felonies or criminaly violent past.

When we the citizenry of the united states of america where intrusted to protect our rights were we foolishly thinking our government would kick in our doors to strip us of our rights. I know how they aim to do this as they are doing it now deciet and legislation. We need to stand up peacefully if possible and state that this is truly our country you shall not fool me, I shall not trade liberty for saftey.

This was planned it truly is not a left or right issue romney proved that as he attacked the second amendment through legislation while governor. Our government is up to somthing and it is not to the citizens benifit but to their own. I can only guess as to what it is but its not good for me or you.

Maybe they are trying to start a false uprising to weed out those who would fight back before somthing big happens. Maybe they fear an uprising from the people. If you are amongst those who think it will never pass the house or senate did not the ndaa and indefinite detentions pass with ease? do you think the republicans really love your freedom more than their power.

If so then perhaps you deserve what they are sending down the pike.
edit on 15-1-2013 by oasisjack because: spellin and grammar

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Isn't a "BAN" an "INFRINGEMENT"??

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yes it certainly is. However its being desguised as a compromise or a protection act instead of an infringement.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yup and punishable by death,

they want a war they'll get. and it wont be pretty,

edit on 15-1-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
No Its punishable by slavery if we allow it to happen.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

Yes, I was just stating the Obvious. Under the rhetoric of "common sense measures to reduce gun violence" and the color of law of executive fiat and legislative acts they want to BAN not just Infringe a little bit more. Patently Unconstitutional no matter how you read it. This country is morphing from a democratic republic to a defacto dictatorial police state....one Executive Order at a time. Tomorrow we will find out what the POTUS proclaims.

edit on 15-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join