It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner grabs shotgun,confronts thief.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just thought I would share this to show everyone what we will no longer be able to do soon.
These were the days weren't they?
You know, when we didn't HAVE to be victims unless we really wanted to be.
The gun this man is so carelessly brandishing will no doubt be on the banned list soon.

link

edit on 15-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sorry, I can't see it in your link at all....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Don't take it personal, but how come you got S&F, if the link doesn't work?
edit on 15-1-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

NVM.....seems to be good now.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Just thought I would share this to show everyone what we will no longer be able to do soon.

No he used a shotgun, it is assault weapons that are going to be banned (maybe)…..

Even in the UK we have shotguns

This thread however is part of something else, something that is actually getting rather annoying.

Members of ATS using the this fine website as a means to bombard the rest of us with gun lobbyist propaganda to push a political agenda that seeks to thwart any change to the gun regulation in America. ATS is not for this, many of us are getting fed up with thread after thread about gun control.

We all get it, you want to keep you constitutionally insured penis enlargements (guns). Guess what though there is a lot more important things going on in the world just now compared a change in American gun law. It’s really quite a small issue in the grand scheme of things and I for one am getting fed up of the NRA propaganda that is plaguing this site.

So home owner beats of thief with a shotgun…. So what, good for him, does it warrant the story being retold on a forum with global reach…. NO!

Mods i beg you please we need a gun control forum....
edit on 15-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well I get something about Pakistan revolution plus 100 boxes from CNN about other subjects and that's it...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Looks like San Antonio? I have a feeling that Texas will obstruct, nullify, and possibly attempt secession before they let the feds take away something as common as shotguns. And they would be in the right.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Many Democrat politicians have pushed for banning high powered shotguns along with semiautomatic pistols as well as "high capacity magazines" that just happen to be standard mags for those pistols.Some have proposed banning all handguns.
The Aurora killer used a shotgun in his massacre. In fact at that range,with lots of people around, the shotgun was more effective than the assault rifle. It is not at all a leap to think that they would come for shotguns. "Assault weapons", which are less powerful than many hunting rifles, are simply a way to get the public to go along, because they look scary to those who are ignorant about firearms.
I find it much more annoying for people to poopoo the idea of confiscation when the media is lying, slanting, and propagandizing at full charge to support an authoritarian government power grab by ideological extremists.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You'll have to use your compound bow.

Have fun

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Screwed

No he used a shotgun, it is assault weapons that are going to be banned (maybe)…..

This thread however is part of something else, something that is actually getting rather annoying.

Members of ATS using the forum as a means to bombard the rest of us with gun lobbyist propaganda to push a political agenda that seeks to thwart any change to the gun regulation in America. ATS is not for this, many of us are getting fed up with thread after thread about gun control.

We all get it, you want to keep you constitutionally insured penis enlargements (guns). Guess what though there is a lot more important things going on in the world just now compared a change in American gun law. It’s really quite a small issue in the grand scheme of things and I for one am getting fed up of the NRA propaganda that is plaguing this site.

So home owner beats of thief with a shotgun…. So what, good for him, does it warrant the story being retold on a forum with global reach…. NO!

You don't have to click.

Whether or not you support gun ownership, this is a big deal in the US. Just because these forums have a global reach does not mean we cannot openly and respectfully discuss major issues impacting certain regions of this planet we all share.

You should look up what "assault rifle" really is, and stop allowing the media to implant these buzzwords in your head. You are misinformed and disrespectful - stop coming on the internet and showing off your constitutionally protected penis enlargement (the right to be a total d-bag in public) just because you can. You have the choice to read or not read what people post, you chose to read it. You are personally responsible for that choice. That makes the only person at fault for reading the "NRA propaganda" here you.

Have a nice day. =]

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

No they are going after semi automatics.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

Members of ATS using the this fine website as a means to bombard the rest of us with gun lobbyist propaganda to push a political agenda that seeks to thwart any change to the gun regulation in America. ATS is not for this, many of us are getting fed up with thread after thread about gun control.

I'd just note that the stats on the Forum page indicate there were 1,394 threads started in the last 7 days and across those threads have been 47,063 posts. If this topic burns your bun somehow, don't click on it. There are 1,393 others that surly would appreciate the attention.

The fact is..we're seeing 2-3 shootings reported per day here.. EVERY day...in the Anti-Gun crowd and have more NON-Americans whining about our gun laws than red blooded citizens. This story actually shows it in a GOOD light for a change..and lately? That IS a change. I say, good for the OP. It's about time a few POSITIVE ones exist to balance the 'all bad - all the time'. There are others, of course....but damn few.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Why did you click on the thread?

answer please?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

To make a point, there is no need for thread after thread about guns.

Who cares, some dude pointed a shot gun at a thief and the thief ran away…. And?

So now it’s used to make a point about gun control, even though he used a shotgun and they are talking about banning assault weapons, not shotguns but hey, it’s all propaganda right? but That point in itself is very insignificant in the bigger picture, so what Americans won’t be able to go buy a AR-15 Boo-hoo, some kid right now in the Congo has just died of starvation, actually over 80 died today in Syria yet I don’t see that clogging up the boards even though its probably much more important but on ATS who cares, you lot not getting to play rambo is much more important....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

Who cares, some dude pointed a shot gun at a thief and the thief ran away…. And?

So now it’s used to make a point about gun control, even though he used a shotgun and they are talking about banning assault weapons, not shotguns but hey, it’s all propaganda right? but That point in itself is very insignificant in the bigger picture, so what Americans won’t be able to go buy a AR-15 Boo-hoo, some kid right now in the Congo has just died of starvation, actually over 80 died today in Syria yet I don’t see that clogging up the boards even though its probably much more important but on ATS who cares, you lot not getting to play rambo is much more important....
Your post belies your ignorance as apparently you didn't see the video. It's not propaganda, but fact.
The thief set the big screen TV down and sprawled out on the lawn, waiting for the police.

As for the Congo, this is our issue and that is theirs. Get their governments to do something to support their citizens basic rights, and while you're at it, remember it is an American's basic right to "bear arms" and the Second Amendment puts it right out there "... shall not be infringed."

edit on 1/15/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

I don't think you are making as good of a point as YOU think you are.

Who cares, some dude pointed a shot gun at a thief and the thief ran away

apparently alot of people care and ohh yeah, ummm, the thief did not run away. The man held him at gunpoint and The cops came and arrested him. You knew that though because you watched the entire video before posting.......right?
ouch.
lol.
you people do this to yourselves you know.

So now it’s used to make a point about gun control, even though he used a shotgun and they are talking about banning assault weapons

nope, they are talking about ALOT of things.
One of which is a ban on anything that holds more than ten rounds as well as anything with a folding or collapsable stock as well as pistol grips on shotguns./rifles This would include the shotgun this man was using.

, not shotguns but hey, it’s all propaganda right? but That point in itself is very insignificant in the bigger picture, so what Americans won’t be able to go buy a AR-15 Boo-hoo, some kid right now in the Congo has just died of starvation, actually over 80 died today in Syria yet I don’t see that clogging up the boards even though its probably much more important but on ATS who cares, you lot not getting to play rambo is much more important....

you are coming across very angry and belligerant.
quite threatening really.
I am glad you do not have access to firearms.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

>snip<

And to make another point: there is no need for reply after reply about how Americans should bend over and give up our rights.
We have the "right to bear arms", not a right to "welfare".
We have the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", not "universal healthcare".

Our "Rights" are spelled out in the Constitution of The United States of America, not the legislation passed contrary to the Constitution and just as importantly NOT the opinions of people who would rather us not have those rights.

If the government wants to revoke the Second Amendment, they can do it "lawfully" by initiating the process to create another Amendment, NOT by "executive directive", codes or statues. Then "the people" get to decide, not a bunch of white-collar criminals.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
"Rackack!" Something about that sound of a pump shotgun being racked (shell into the chamber) that is quite a deterrent - especially with the visual of the .50" opening of a 12 gauge barrel pointed at one.

I hear he (his highness) even wants to ban pump shotguns that have a pistol grip (not even a semi-automatic and they often just hold no more than 5 rounds).

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Our King wants to ban all firearms but he knows what he is doing.
One little segment at a time.
until......poof, all gone and we are just as enslaved and helpless victims as the British and Austrailians.

No offense to the Majority of British or Aussies out there but, You truely DO NOT have ANY way whatsoever to fight against tyrrany now.
You know this right?
I mean, it IS true.
Don't get mad at ME for pointing it out.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Oh indeed... "Tromboning" the pump to make a sound that carries for a city block is VERY effective. I think it's almost a universally understood sound too. I've used it myself in a couple situations to rather satisfying effect.

I know Pistol grips have been covered under previous bans as they mount on something like the Moss 500 as well as collapsible stocks. I hadn't heard that mentioned either way in what is being proposed now and hadn't gone looking for it either. IS that also what they are banning this time around? That'd be a shame since both my 500's have pistol grips on them. They're for defense, not duck hunting after all. I have a beautiful wood stock and 28 inch barrel for that if I want to do it someday. Not useful for defense through doorways.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

No offense to the Majority of British or Aussies out there but, You truely DO NOT have ANY way whatsoever to fight against tyrrany now.
You know this right?
I mean, it IS true.
Don't get mad at ME for pointing it out.

I seem to recall there is some little 'clause' or similar in British "law" that permits the Monarchy to revoke the pseudo-semi-autonomous "right to self governance" of the extended "Empire's" territories.

How would they feel if that "right" were encroached upon?

<<   2  3 >>

join