It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utopia Channel 4

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So, who watched the Channel 4 programme Utopia

The Utopia Experiments is a legendary graphic novel shrouded in mystery. But when a small group of previously unconnected people find themselves in possession of an original manuscript, their lives suddenly and brutally implode.

Targeted swiftly and relentlessly by a murderous organisation known as The Network, the terrified group are left with only one option if they want to survive: they have to run.

Quite amusingly the website utopia.channel4.com... mentioned here:

C4’s Utopia transmedia series focuses on consumer data issues

Channel 4 has put consumer data issues at the heart of the transmedia experience for drama Utopia which debuts tonight.

The broadcaster worked with TH_NK, the creative agency behind Pottermore, as well as production company Kudos and writer Dennis Kelly to evolve the drama series online via ‘The Utopia Inquiry’.

The Inquiry will extend on the core themes explored in the TV series, letting viewers watch trailers and answer questions based on the debates raised in the show, which will include ID theft, the nanny state and what personal data people provide about themselves to access digital platforms.

Visitors to the website are asked a series of questions including: Do you enter a passcode every time you unlock your phone?; do you use wi-fi or bluetooth and do you have location services switched on? It then shows exactly how much time you personally can be tracked by a fictional big-brother-type organisation such as ‘the network’, a shadowy firm introduced in the first episode.

currently offers the following:

There appear to be issues with the server.

It's probably just high levels of traffic. We're sure there's nothing to worry about. Try again in a few moments or come back later when things are back to normal.

Then again maybe Wilson Wilson is having a giggle.

The story fits ATS very well what did you make of it? I thought it was ok, something a little different and interesting enough to convince me to at least take a peek next week.

JAK

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ahh, the website mentioned above is up, apparently it was a genuine problem.
Still, what do they expect? With a program like that I wonder how many others were poking about thinking it might be a game of sorts.

The Utopia Inquiry is an investigation into the unseen powers that affect us all

By taking part, you’ll be forced to question your complacency and desire for a more comfortable life – in spite of the resulting consequence and cost. Your answers will reveal what they already know about you. And the repercussions.

1/3 How long before they find you?

You're being watched, tracked, profiled and hunted. With every click, journey and decision you make. Answer our questions and we'll pinpoint your vulnerabilities in minutes. After all, we don't want to keep you – the clock's ticking.

How long have you got?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Didn't see it as I was busy but gonna watch it on 4OD catch up at the weekend!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
wife and i thought it was very entertaining it even got our 17 year old off of his xbox for an hour and a half!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't know what it means but apparently they can find me in:

42H:16M:44S

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I got 49:30.35 and it easier to find 86% of the world population than me, What let me down is living near London and the amount of CCTV. I started watching this then i realised it would be a lot better if waited and downloaded it on my PC and watched it.

Still looked really good, like Secret State!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Cheers for the heads up.Noticed its repeated on fourseven now but only twenty minutes left so will watch the next repeat on fourseven tonight at 10 p.m.
Sounds interesting,usually the telly is all rubbish bar a few programmes that i like like 'Person Of Interest' which returns on the 27th on channel 5.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Has anyone else been watching this?

I thought it'd be discussed to death here, it's full of conspiracy relating to infecting the populus via a fake vaccine, but very cleverly delivered - won't say much else in case people want to watch it, wouldn't want to spoil it for you.

There's shadowy powerful people pulling the strings, framing people for murder, and loads of twists and turns - brilliant!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i caught a little last week and it was dark dark dark!

i was somewhat aghast at the little i saw, and will be sure to give it a view on 4OD when i have the time.

i dont think i'll watch it just before bed though

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
i caught a little last week and it was dark dark dark!

i was somewhat aghast at the little i saw, and will be sure to give it a view on 4OD when i have the time.

i dont think i'll watch it just before bed though

LoL it's very good. It was a bit mind boggling the first couple of episodes while the foundations of the story are being laid, but it started to come together tonight - or at least I think it did.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A brilliant series that should be every ATSers dream!

Illuminati-like controllers, false flag school massacres, fake vaccines, MSM manipulation, mind-controlled ruthless assassins all wound up in a superb plot that remains unpredictable and cliché free.

Beautifully photographed, too.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This show is excellent and not only deserves massive attention from ATSers but also large viewing figures from the public. As good as it is though, its no match for Twin Peaks despite being heralded in Britain as the British Twin Peaks. I certainly didn't find this mind boggling or difficult to follow. For conspiracy theorists this is clear clean and transpatent ambrosia.

Its touted as season 1 which always makes me wary of investing time in a show in case they leave you hanging at the end and the show is not recommisioned.

I just watched the penultimate episode and an't wait for the finale. I've never seen a show with so many subjects that are discussed here all rolled into one story. Their are so many allusions to different aspects of conspiracy theories that the general public doesnt have the slightest chance of spotting them let alone relating them to the real world.

On another note the second series of Black Mirror started this week....another absolute must see show.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Bumping this up as if ever there was a time to watch/re-watch utopia it would be now.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
H o l y

H e l l

Wwooww

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Dug this thread out to bump it. Just watched the BBC series, available on Amazon Prime. It's apparently supposed to be a "black comedy" but the comedy is sparse. Well worth a watch, if your temperament can withstand the parallels to current events.

new topics

top topics

join