It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for feedback approaching government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I believe the way to approach what in my opinion is an attack on our 2nd amendment and American liberties is to petition our government and let them know We The People highly oppose these actions.

So, this would start on a state level if I'm not mistaken. I would like to hear from ATS members what y'all think would be the best way to verbally get straight to the point, approaching State governments, and what requests from the people would get the most done in the shortest amount of time. Thank you for any input.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I would think the fastest way to gain support, or round up the troops, would be to go viral.

Something along the lines of a youtube video.

I'm not sure as to the legalities, but a 'flash mob' type direction may be the easiest. This doesn't have to be in the popular form of dance and music, rather could be something that resembles many of anti-tobacco promos. Ya know, the ones where they show thousands of people laying on the street, and say... this is how many people die from tobacco. The same could be done, but this time putting the numbers in perspective, such as over all violent crimes, those that use guns, then to include other statistics that can be represented either by costumes or colors on a shirt. Something that would generate buzz, which then is attached to a initiative and/or group.

Next, it would help to attach familiar names and faces, more or less, celebrity types, Which is easy enough, they all want to be more famous lol.

Anyways... I'm not going to ramble, but there's a couple first steps that may generate the type of feedback you're looking for.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Too late, Obama bypasses the 'government' tomorrow and becomes a one-man government. We'll see. I think they do this warnings about what might happen as psych warfare.

I'm mulling replacing Congress with monkeys. In fact I already did. Have you noticed?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Government is a 100% 'economic first' driven at this point in history.

The only to approach is to contribute to, or restrict cash flow.

There is no method to discuss civil issues any longer.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The Whitehouse has already said no to the secession petitions,going to limit what guns we have and what freedoms we have that are being trampled on.Why would you think that there would be anything other then short of an actual coup d'etat?

edit on 15-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Maybe an overthrow will be the only option to keep our liberties intact, but I would like to know how our government would react if everyone actually petitioned their government starting at the state level, I mean an overwhelming amount of citizens actually contacted their state governments and went to their officers in significant numbers.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

The White House has issued their formal response to the eight different petitions requesting secession following the outcome of the November presidential election. The petition for the state of North Carolina to secede from the union earned more 31,835 signatures, while South Carolina's had just over 26,000. Among the other eight states addressed in the White House's formal response are Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Texas and Louisiana. Additionally, the White House Director of the Office of Public Engagement, Jon Carson, also included a response to the petition that requested everyone be deported who signed a secession petition. The petitions were submitted via the White House’s “We the People” website. The website was created by the Obama Administration as a way for citizens to engage the government.

www.wcnc.com...

Because the lot of them are comfy and happy and love their president.

Get a few 100 million to sign would be great,but it ain't happening.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
I would think the fastest way to gain support, or round up the troops, would be to go viral.

Something along the lines of a youtube video.

I'm not sure as to the legalities, but a 'flash mob' type direction may be the easiest. This doesn't have to be in the popular form of dance and music, rather could be something that resembles many of anti-tobacco promos. Ya know, the ones where they show thousands of people laying on the street, and say... this is how many people die from tobacco. The same could be done, but this time putting the numbers in perspective, such as over all violent crimes, those that use guns, then to include other statistics that can be represented either by costumes or colors on a shirt. Something that would generate buzz, which then is attached to a initiative and/or group.

Next, it would help to attach familiar names and faces, more or less, celebrity types, Which is easy enough, they all want to be more famous lol.

Anyways... I'm not going to ramble, but there's a couple first steps that may generate the type of feedback you're looking for.

Actually the above is laid out well.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

So, we have a complaint box that thanks us for using but tells us we cannot leave this union but we'll hear your outcry's just as well. Then it points to the civil war and all the deaths that ultimately ended any calls for succession, and finally mocking us in a way "of the people, by the people, and for the people" -- all of the people. Really?

So come participate in government by using our shiny toy complaint box we're so proud of, but yeah, we're king and our way is the only way.

*Sigh* I don't know, dammit there has to be something we can do. If only we could put aside our pride and unite as one to take the complaints face to face.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

This is thoughtful and something I can ponder over, figure out how to gain enough supporters to do this, it's worth a shot at this point

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
I believe the way to approach what in my opinion is an attack on our 2nd amendment and American liberties is to petition our government and let them know We The People highly oppose these actions.

So, this would start on a state level if I'm not mistaken. I would like to hear from ATS members what y'all think would be the best way to verbally get straight to the point, approaching State governments, and what requests from the people would get the most done in the shortest amount of time. Thank you for any input.

Thats right, no pun intended. But we use the rights to protect the others. Speech, write, talk....redress the govenment and your representatives. Be sure to tell the site owner here....Thank you very much for this forum!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk

What woud this attack be? And not just what you guess it might be. What solid attack has their been. Because you might want to wait and see if their ever is one before you complaining about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Fair enough, you're right *I think* as of yet we have not "officially" been attacked but if this was going to be a war so to speak, the drums are starting to beat, no? So, how can I be proactive and start doing something now to keep our liberties intact, with an emphasis on the 2nd amendment?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

So come participate in government by using our shiny toy complaint box we're so proud of, but yeah, we're king and our way is the only way.

Much like that suggestion box at work asking for more toilet paper to wipe the # off our asses.

You get that rough,sand papery toilet paper,but more of it.
But then they take your smoking privileges away.

top topics

join