It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New CNN Chief Backs Piers Morgan's Gun Control Crusade, CNN Not Real News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
New CNN Chief Backs Piers Morgan's Gun Control Crusade

Link: www.breitbart.com...

CNN president Jeff Zucker told CNN New York staff today that he supported Piers Morgan's decision to speak in favor of gun control, sources at the network tell POLITICO.

During a town-hall meeting with staff, Zucker was asked about CNN expressing opinion, something it has traditionally tried to avoid. Zucker said he was in favor of it where it was appropriate, citing Morgan's stance on gun control as one example, sources said.

I've heard, time and time again that CNN backs Democrats and is essentially the equivalent of Fox for Republicans. These are no longer news stations any more, they are mediums for projecting ideology.

I just want news... not passionate pleas to deconstruct the frame work of my country. I don't even want pleas for the defense of our nation.

Now Jeff Zucker just comes right out and says he supports the support of an ideology being broadcasted on his station.

If Piers Morgan is an acceptable standard at the "new" CNN, it's over before it began.

Also, if Byers' source is correct, Zucker volunteered his defense of Morgan, which is the most troubling aspect of all of this.

Not even trying to deceive or hide the fact.

CNN... not real news.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

At least attempting to eliminate bias was once a cornerstone of journalism. Not anymore. It is indeed indicative of just far reaching the corruption is. The public is simply being spoon-fed partisan rhetoric to achieve the goals of the ruling class of this oligarchy in place.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Back in the 60's and 70's the press reported ON the Govt, now they report FOR the Govt.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Nope, they have clear agendas, they're pushing opinions, trying to influence, as do all the "news" services.

Its not news, its propaganda.

It was never so apparent as it was during the Run Paul campaign. You'll notice that all 3 propaganda outlets not only had the same agenda, but used the EXACT SAME LINE:

edit on 15-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yeah, these people in ties... Republicans, Democrats... I really do not like either of them at all.

I see not one politician worth any praise.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
None of them are news anymore...CNN even dropped their investigative journalism dept because it wasn't "profitable" anymore.

CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, C Span, Fox, Current...etc...etc...etc. All owned and operated by mega corporations that are in bed with the GOV indirectly through other holdings (Military contractors) or just blatant mouthpieces for GOV agendas.

Everything is now an "Opinion/Editorial"...real news left the building years ago. Can we say "propaganda"?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Maybe the AJ piers morgan interview where jones told everyone they are taking your guns was apart of a lesser magic ritual.

Lesser Magic consists of non-ritual or manipulative magic, through use of natural abilities to manipulate other humans, and therefore circumstances, by wile and guile. At the forefront of this effort, according to Anton LaVey, is knowledge of how to employ appearances to one's advantage.

Wiki...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
what a jerk. i dont even think the brits want piers morgan back. maye we can deoport him to somalia, he can try to ban guns over there.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The pentagon spends bookoo's of monies each year on "public opinion". You know that's just a euphemism for, "mind control" right??

No surprise that this chump is trying to push what his overlords want.

Kinda hard to tell which trumps which, the government, or the corporations, sometimes.

Oh yea, they're both pwned by the higher elites. My bad.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature

I just want news... not passionate pleas to deconstruct the frame work of my country. I don't even want pleas for the defense of our nation.

Trying to reconcile that claim with you constructing an OP around Briebart.com???

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Trying to reconcile that claim with you constructing an OP around Briebart.com???

I guess you didnt read the article because if you did, youd see that the originating article comes from Politico

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And Fox news has a pro-gun message.

So what?

People have diff opinions. Get over it. Stop crying because you don't agree with it.

So tired of gun nuts getting mad at someone for expressing that they don't like guns. Seems like you guys hate the 1rst amendment.
edit on 15-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Morgan gets paid by CNN to publicly mock the the United States Constitution and those Americans who still believe in it. I stopped watching CNN years ago when it was dubbed the Clinton News Network. They still have not changed one bit.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by Indigo5

I guess you didnt read the article because if you did, youd see that the originating article comes from Politico

Nope Briebart cites the Politico piece...but the article in the OP complete with bias is all Briebart....did you read the article...it's a Briebart article...not Politico. Do I need to post them side by side?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
And Fox news has a pro-gun message.

So what?

People have diff opinions. Get over it. Stop crying because you don't agree with it.

It has nothing to do with 'people having diff opinions'. It sure has everything to do with the source we have for news attaching themselves to particular ideologies, especially when it comes down to the frame work of our Nation.

This is not 'fair and balanced', there's no remove of bias, this is not news.

These 'news' agencies are nothing more than tools to deliver a message, not to report on events around the world. This then becomes a means of swaying public opinion, then to social engineering.

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing, I could care less what some jack wagon from the EU has to say about our gun rights. It's about some jack wagon running a news agency that then places a jack wagon from the EU, and then to promote philosophies that are not in the nations interests. They aren't even reflective of the constitution in which this nation is based upon.

blah blah blah I guess.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Dude, youre citing the "opinion" portion on brietbart, which is what they do on the site. Their opinion is irrelevant to the truth behind the story.
Some of you people get so wrapped up in the source of an article that you dont even want to talk about the truth in the article.
Someone can post an article thats sourced from rense, that my be 100% true but youll use the fact that the source is rense (just an example) in an attempt to discredit the OP and the message in the article.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So tired of gun nuts getting mad at someone for expressing that they don't like guns. Seems like you guys hate the 1rst amendment.

So tired of anti gun nuts getting mad at someone for expressing that they like guns. Seems like you guys hate the 1rst amendment and the second amendment as well.

Because people express their opinions to keep property rights and we all know government legislation is not opinion.

But the topic was Cnn backing Morgan and the only thing some want to do is carry the fascist overlords water.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Indigo5

Dude, youre citing the "opinion" portion on brietbart, which is what they do on the site. Their opinion is irrelevant to the truth behind the story.

Dude...why is an OP complaining that they only want unbiased news and slamming Piers Morgan...citing Briebart?

If he wanted to cite Politico...he would have...BS is thick around here.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Not real news?? You mean they're stooping to the level of faux news?

Nope, you are incorrect

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The good news is that virtually no one watches CNN anyway. Their ratings are at the bottom of the pile, somewhere below reruns of the old TV test pattern.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join