It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horsemeat found in beef burgers on sale in UK and Ireland

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Brits are funny about meats. They got their panties in a twist when they discovered reindeer being sold there. Only reason for that outrage is that the only reindeer they know of is rudolph.

I think if you polled ten thousand uk citizens about that you'd find precisely zero who have any knowledge of it. I certainly don't.

Reindeer and deer are simply seen as expensive and strong tasting in this country. It's something that the majority would only ever eat at a restaurant, at home as a major treat, or once out of curiousity.
edit on 8-2-2013 by merkins because: Typo

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i think the issue is knowing what is in your food ...it they want to sell horse burgers ..so be it ..but selling a product as cow beef when its actually horse beef is of great concern ..personally i don't eat processed or ready meals but if i did ..i would be taking legal action
edit on 06/-06004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sky news: Missing US tourist found dead in Turkey?

Kind of overshadows the horse meat in burgers no?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
Sky news: Missing US tourist found dead in Turkey?

Kind of overshadows the horse meat in burgers no?

Not to me. How many other people were killed somewhere else in the world on the same day.
If you know her then yep it would be important, but I think the secret criminal sale of unknown source horsemeat to food manufacturers serving millions of people is a bit more interesting.

Either way it's off-topic and can be discussed in a more appropriate thread than this.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
i think the issue is knowing what is in your food ...it they want to sell horse burgers ..so be it ..but selling a product as cow beef when its actually horse beef is of great concern ..personally i don't eat processed or ready meals but if i did ..i would be taking legal action
edit on 06/-06004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

I wonder if those of us who havn't eaten horsemeat can lie and say we have and still sue?

How will the Courts go about deciding who gets what? How will they decide if someone is telling porkies?

I dont think i've had any horsemeat but I may well of done... I have ate at burger king over the years!!

What about the stuff Horses are given? Drugs? Isnt that also coming into the food chain? I'm not sure if its true but I just read a comment on an online paper which read that 'bute' is often given to horses and that it can cause cancers! Here's just some of what I found:

Side effects of phenylbutazone are similar to those of other NSAIDs. Overdose or prolonged use can cause GI ulcers, blood dyscrasia, kidney damage, oral lesions, and internal hemorrhage, especially pronounced in young, ill, or stressed horses. Effects of GI damage include edema of the legs and belly secondary to leakage of blood proteins into the intestines, resulting in decreased appetite, excessive thirst, weight loss, weakness, and in advanced stages, kidney failure and death.

Now what if the horsemeat isn't being tested before being mixed with cow or pig or anything else?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Now what if the horsemeat isn't being tested before being mixed with cow or pig or anything else?
I think it is pretty certain that the illegal switch of horsemeat in place of beef at some point in the processed food supply chain did not involve any tests to establish the presence of horse drugs or not.

This story may well even get more interesting because during an interview I saw with a representative of the UK Food Standards Agency yesterday, they could not confirm that any tests have been carried out for dog, cat, or even rat DNA.

All 'beef' processed foods are now under scrutiny, including tinned stews and curries etc, it would not surprise me if this is just the tip of a massive conspiratorial iceberg.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
All this talk of Horsemeat is putting me right off my Soylent Green. Perhaps the so called Chemtrails are kind of like crop dusting, only we're the crop !

Yum !

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I find it strange that there has been no mention thus far, of how many OAP's who eat food supplied by meals on wheels organisations, may have eaten horse. So far, we have had coverage that pointed out that horsemeat has been found in school meals, ready meals, and in burgers and other processed meat products all throughout the food service industry, even hospitals.

But no one has asked about the state of food provided to OAPs. Thats almost as appalling as the fact that our food industry is so easily manipulated.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It seems testing has proven that horsemeat was contaminated with 'BUTE' .

news.sky.com...

France's agriculture ministry has confirmed that horse carcasses from the UK containing the drug Phenylbutazone - known as bute - have probably ended up in the human food chain.

A spokesman for the French agriculture ministry said it was alerted by British authorities that six carcasses had been exported to France in January but that the meat had already been processed.

Some of the meat was recalled but the equivalent of three carcasses have "probably" been eaten, according to officials - although they insist the health risk is "minor".

And not just this but food costs are set to go up to compensate for the Lab testing!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join