It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch SciFi at 8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Tonight, at 8, is the new shows on SciFi, one is where they take three stories and try to prove them, the other is people going to haunted places and try to prove/disprove they are haunted. This is great, get proof on national tv! Watch it or I will send a ghost after your mother on christmas even!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I saw it last night, but don't have a take on it really. Anyone have opinions? A lot of the conversations especially at the end seemed scripted. One guy at the end 'changed his mind' about the place being haunted. I'm sorry, but as we all know from ATS, you can't slap down a couple words and hear someone say right away, "Oh yeah, you're right! What was I thinking?..."

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think the program in question was "Proof Positive" on the SciFi Channel.

It was fun to watch, but I could not take that show seriously by any stretch. I have taken footage of Venus with my video camera that was identical to that which was shown to be 'proof positive' for a UFO sighting. The nightvision and digital zoom created the same 'morphing' illusion and everything.

We even discussed the effect in an ATSNN thread about an Iranian UFO sighting.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The whole 'Bunny Ranch' segment had me rolling in the floor with laughter.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Rite, I didnt see this, sicne I dont actually know what SCI-FI channel we are on about, are we on about the AMERICAN one or the UK one ? Cos if it was the american then it will take some time to come over here. But sounds cool !

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Except for last night(10-27-04) I have seen all of these shows so far. Both are pretty good, Ghost Hunters is a wee cheesey, but not to the point of annoying. I hope you all in Great Britain get to see them before too long, they are worth the time.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The new shows on SciFi are pretty interesting. I've been able to watch a few of them, and the videos they get of these 'orbs' was very similiar to one I saw ('cept it wasn't round) when I was much younger. Creeps me out to think of it to this day.
In life, humans have and create so much energy - especially by thought and feeling. In death, that energy doesn't just blink out. There are more levels of existence than we are aware of. Just because we can't see s/thing or prove s/thing, doesn't mean it isn't there. Our own minds have the ability to suppress stuff it thinks we can't handle; And even if the proof is there, our minds may not allow us to 'believe' in it because for some people, it would destroy everything they know or 'believe' about our current existence.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
definitely cool shows. proof possitive's probably a little better. ghosthunters is ifffy and i agree that it sounds scripted. i did hear e.v.p. on it last week that made the hair on my arms and neck stand up. it's worth it to check 'em out though.

new topics

top topics

join