It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Amendment v. The Military Industrial Complex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
During this recent flurry of Second Amendment discourse, I've been led to read more and learn more about it in the past month than all of my previous years in existence, combined. Being a Liberty minded individual, I've always sort of taken it for granted. Gun ownership is a right endowed upon us naturally. Nothing to debate in my mind. Still, I've been an absolute junky regarding the topic. I simply can't stop, and I can safely say that my opinion has yet to be swayed.

Thing is....I'm worried. More worried than ever that this right is going to eventually by the wayside. Maybe not this year, maybe not in five years, but it seems inevitable that they WILL come for our guns. At least, that's what my gut is telling me.

I think I might have a way to beat them, but it's a nebulous thought, a zygote, if you will. While pondering the topic iat work the other day, I recognized something of a paradox. Why do so many of us willfully support the further funding of America's war machine, while at the same time warn of the perils of a disarmed populace?

If guns are our safety net against a tyrannical government....we must think government is capable of tyranny in the first place. So why do we continue to fund them?

I really don't have the answer as to how we'd go about defunding the war machine. That's what's making me nuts. Is it even possible?

Does anyone have an idea as to how we could somehow financially disarm our government?

I guess we could somehow do it politically....but when was the last time our representatives ever listened?

Tax revolt? How?

The list goes on and on.

I wish there was a way we could send a collective message "You take our guns, you have to buy your own from now on".

Like I said. This idea is a work in progress.

Thoughts, anyone?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
When we no longer wish to have the money we have, quit working and start to producing for ourselves like our ancestors did...they didn't have half the stuff we have today, and look how they accomplished. we don't need government they need us.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yeah. It's too bad we can't just flip a switch, turn the whole thing off. Enough already.

Thing is, there are too many that think the exact opposite, re: not needing government.

I heard a radio interview of that woman from "The Obama Phone Video" yesterday. I really ended up feeling bad for her. Here is a woman with no internet access, and only gets her news from television. She was actually working for Obama's campaign. They paid her $11/hr, tax free. The election ends, and poof. No job, nothing. They used her up and spit her out. That's what happens....People are being made into government junkies. They're nothing but pawns in the game and there are too many of them don't realize it. Like I said....very sad.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We need to burn this government to the ground. They are going way to far. People need to stand up and fight! I'm getting a little more than pissed. Everyday its only getting worse. The fed is going to bring this on themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
everyone is going to disagree about most things, but the biggest issue facing us that a large majority need to unite on is not complying with the government, and agreeing to hold re-elections in all offices.

at this time we are in an age where we can soon (within 100 years) accomplish incredible feats with our technology. Personal organ growth, and 3D printing as examples.

with just the internet we have the ability in 1 day research the history of how tyrannical governments start. never before has something like that existed.

knowledge, and peaceful use of knowledge will set us free.

these crazies running the world through fear and money want just that. they want a violent reaction so they can send two sides being used as pawns to buy # and kill each other while they laugh and and grow more malicious.

if we spread the knowledge of these dark intentions and plans they will be brought to light when enough people demand it.

the majority of us need to realize we have the ability to change our world for good if we take the reigns and do the choosing. not these sociopaths who want to keep us blind, deaf, and dumb.

we are more the same than anything, we just need to stop looking at the differences and focus on our growth as a species.

new topics

top topics

join