It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Public Hearing on E-Cigs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm glad the FDA is looking into these things, contrary to the sentiments in this thread.

This is a device designed to administer a set dosage of a chemical ( a poison no less
)

How do you know what manufacturing standards are involved? Is it a proper dose? Are the chemicals pure enough? Is it a safer/better alternative? You sure? Who said so?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundryman
I'm glad the FDA is looking into these things, contrary to the sentiments in this thread.

This is a device designed to administer a set dosage of a chemical ( a poison no less
)

How do you know what manufacturing standards are involved? Is it a proper dose? Are the chemicals pure enough? Is it a safer/better alternative? You sure? Who said so?

Ok so you take food grad glycerin a known product in well lots of stuff you eat and drink. Add the same food flavorings you add to cakes... and wala poison?

I make my own flavoring.. they going to outlaw glycerin and food flavorings, perhaps put them behind a counter and tell people unless your 18 you can not make any baked goods.

I honestly have never seen anything good the FDA has done.... studies on medicine.. oh the ones that cause people to go crazy but gets their stamp of approval? How about reducing drug dependencies since they regulate everything.

Lets be realistic. Here is an example of the stupidity.

Couple years ago i needed to get a bipap.

Did I know I needed it? Yep.
Could I just go buy one? Nope.

Why? Your telling me I could not just buy one then test the settings until I slept better. Nope. Have to go to a doctor and get a referral to have a sleep study. Go to the sleep center guess what. They put the machine on and try different settings.

Wow thank god the FDA stepped in and kept me from doing that myself.

edit on 1/15/2013 by Azdraik because: changed format

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

Couple years ago i needed to get a bipap.

Did I know I needed it? Yep.

How did you know? Are you a medical professional? Do you think you should be able to just prescribe yourself antibiotics or a pacemaker?

Could I just go buy one? Nope.

Why? Your telling me I could not just buy one then test the settings until I slept better. Nope. Have to go to a doctor and get a referral to have a sleep study. Go to the sleep center guess what. They put the machine on and try different settings.

Wow thank god the FDA stepped in and kept me from doing that myself.

Because the device has the potential for dangerous side effects, if you were a medical professional you would know that and understand why a sleep study needed to be carried out.

<< 1   >>

join