It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to Use Children to Push His Plan on Gun Control

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

So you see, I have no agenda nor am I personally using the children to push anything.

This is dishonest. Please see your thread title

Edit to add: Please leave your condescending attitude out of this thread it simply shows your ego and your lack of ability to engage in a civil discussion.

You see condescension - I see fury

I will apologize for losing my temper

My criticism of your OP - still stands

:-)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Agarta

He is sickening! Imagine if the Republicans had children ushered out onto a stage if they were arguing why abortion is wrong!!!!!

Nothing is beneath our current dictator.

Why wouldn't they, and do you really think there would be an outcry? It seems quite fitting, IMO. I'm personally against abortion, but don't believe it's Big Brother's decision to make, and if the Neocon party did that, I wouldn't have an ounce of trouble with them doing so? Geez, I just can't believe how sensitive and spineless so many people have become! "he is sickening..." really? Because children - as in the demographic group most affected by wackos fulfilling their murderous SSRI-fueled shooting -spree desires are being displayed as part of this people are throwing a hissy fit? Kids who are sick of living in fear like a bunch of 2004 Bush voters?

And why? Because people are terrified about having to register their guns the same way they would a car? Terrified that the government might find out that they've attempted suicide 12 times and have a history of violence toward children, and might take their guns away if they do? Terrified that they might not be allowed to buy machine guns capable of wiping out 200 people per minute? Please...i've heard everything they've been talking about with gun control. Not being psychotic, or a violent criminal, and being ok with only being able to pop off 30-40 rounds per minute, I'm not worried about a thing.

Neocobs are such scaredeyicat cry-babies.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Thank for the apology. I can see how my title could be conceived as having an agenda. Given the topic, how would you have titled it? White House to use...? Please, I am not trying to be objectionable here I simply would like to know. As it is, I believe you think it to be politically incorrect and that was not my intention.

Criticism accepted.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

OK Agarta - let's see if I can do this right

I respectfully submit this:

does this meet with your approval?

I feel this stunt will make it harder for Congress to deal with this package due to the "backing of the masses" and they may be forced to pass it along regardless of what the fine print has to say. It is one thing to announce and go over a plan the people are screaming for, but to involve children as a backdrop, with Sandy Hook so fresh in everyones mind, is a low calculated ploy to gain backing for his plan.
What say you ATS?

Speaking of stunts...

The NRA is putting everything they have into this - how fair do you want this discussion to be?

And - how civil?

You don't want anyone to use the kids as a backdrop? The NRA sealed their fate when they decided that the only discussion they were going to have was the one about putting guns in our schools - for the protection of the children

And then calling the rest of us traitors

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thank you

And - good for us - we are model citizens

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Call it what you want, but I think it's pretty damn cool.

I am sure Goebels and the rest of the crew would agree...

I hear manipulation and fear a great ways to forward an agenda esspecially if that agenda has little merit on its own.

America's epitaph - But, we did it for the CHILDREN!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

But the video isn't using a back drop at all. It's stating a factual comparison

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think that the NRA should have used clips from Columbine and Sandy Hook incidents at the Gun-Free zone part in that ad.

It would have been the brutal truth.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I think you have a very good point on this issue. I am not trying to redirect your entry into this thread, but I have so many conflicting opinions on the posted video, I will need some time to work it all out. I think you should make a thread on it because in my opinion it is a major issue that should be discussed. The old adage of "whats good for the goose is good for the gander" seems to play a role here as well as the side that does not want guns in schools or within public hands at all. Thank you for posting it.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Agarta because: Stupid punctuation and grammatical errors

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
who really benefitted from sandy hook ?

obama ? no

gun lobby ? hell yeah
gun manufactures ? yup

fear is great for the gun business and applications for permits are up in most areas

so why is the only person under scrutiny for the old " who benfitted" conspiracy angle the potus ?

what exaclty did he gain ? not much from where I sit. all we really did was go back to the clinton era. big whoop

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by randyvs

I think that the NRA should have used clips from Columbine and Sandy Hook incidents at the Gun-Free zone part in that ad.

It would have been the brutal truth.

This isn't the only time I found myself saying to ...............self ?

I like what he's thinking.

edit on 16-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's dishonest - every President is assigned Secret Service protection - not just Obama

And for good reason

They're also using children just as much as anyone to further their goal - in fact saying Obama doesn't care about your children - despicable

What was the NRA's position on schools before this shooting? Maybe I underestimate them - maybe this has been their plan all along

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Speaking of the Secret Service, why is there a vehicle in Obama's motorcades fitted with a pop-up minigun that can fire 6, 000 rounds per minute? Where would it be prudent to fire such a weapon? You know where Presidential motorcades travel. Urban streets, lined with innocent people.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, I'll believe they contacted the president of their own accord without any encouragement, when I believe snakes will fall from the sky and kill us all again...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Good catch, I just saw that meme on Facebook last night, and thought about posting that..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think it's pretty darn sorry. He's gonna push his agenda one way or the other I suppose. Trying to play on the sympathy people have for the CT "shooting" to push gun control sux! Using his logic, should we ban homosexuals? They spread aids and kill people. Ban cars? they kill people. Ban alcohol? it kills people.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Speaking of the Secret Service, why is there a vehicle in Obama's motorcades fitted with a pop-up minigun that can fire 6, 000 rounds per minute? Where would it be prudent to fire such a weapon? You know where Presidential motorcades travel. Urban streets, lined with innocent people.

butcherguy - lol

You can't call Obama a hypocrite without simultaneously making the point that these weapons are wrong

thanks for that

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I think you have a very good point on this issue. I am not trying to redirect your entry into this thread, but I have so many conflicting opinions on the posted video, I will need some time to work it all out. I think you should make a thread on it because in my opinion it is a major issue that should be discussed. The old adage of "whats good for the goose is good for the gander" seems to play a role here as well as the side that does not want guns in schools or within public hands at all. Thank you for posting it.

Very gracious of you - considering

You know - I suck at the whole thread thing - truly :-)

And as far as you working all this out - I find those to be some of the most encouraging words I've heard on this whole debate since it kicked off

I honestly believe that this is something that can get worked out by thinking - and discussing - and even fighting

But not if we all dig in our heels and refuse to compromise

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Open your eyes, this is nothing more than the supreme leader of America exploiting children and our already high emotions to push his agenda. Like so many have stated before this is the same man ordering US drone strikes that are killing children and innocent civilians every day.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Why are children a poor backdrop? Do you know what happened?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join