It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to Use Children to Push His Plan on Gun Control

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself." James Madison

And here lies the Problem........

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself." James Madison

And here lies the Problem........

If you/he are/were literally meaning "Angels", I am prompted to remind you that it was Angels (Fallen Ones) that were and purportedly are behind the "Fall of Man" and it is Lucifer that the Founders of the UN Serve:

edit on 16-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by NavyDoc

NavyDoc - this is not a new discussion - and you know that

So, yes - see how silly this is?

Sorry Navy - I forget that for some people anyone who isn't for them is against them

And so - no changes - ever?

Is this what this country is being reduced to?

edit on 1/16/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

Of course it is not a new discussion, which is why the same actors bring about the same legislation every time there is an event.

Yes, some people who are not for me are agaisnt me. Many people were against the civil rights movement of hte 1950's and 1960's. In fact, a majority of people were against the movement, still did not make the struggle for civil rights a wrong one

Yes, no changes where civil liberties are concerned. There have been restrictions of the 4th amendment due to the war on drugs and similar rhetoric has been used that they are "necessary" to "save our children." I disagree with cahnges ever on the First Amendment, as well as the 4th, 5th, and the rest of the Bill of Rights. THis includes the 2nd.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Agarta

Here's the problem, They will be surrounded by children. I feel this is an attempt to exploit these children and create sympathy within the masses in order to push their agenda.

Ya think?

What a ridiculous OP

A group of these innocents was just slaughtered right in front of our eyes - what did you think was going to happen?

Agenda? Get real - you're using these same children to further your agenda - so don't act so innocent

Deal with it

Thank you for expressing your opinion on my OP. When I first read your reply I was a bit lost. I had no agenda save to say that I think it was wrong for Obama to have the children present at this point in the process. Apparently you missed my comment to BH here www.abovetopsecret.com... .

It wasn't until I read BHs response to you on the subject that I understood what "Agenda" you were talking about and consequently, due to you not correcting the proposed explanation through the rest of the thread, I am then lead to believe this description is correct and will therefore address it from there. With my OP and the comment I linked above, I thought I had made it clear that I am concerned with the children's involvement at this juncture and have given no "hate" in speech or intent to Obama himself or even his tenure as President. My post was simply to state what was happening today and my disagreement with how it was being done. I can see how this thread can be seen as "evolved" into what you say through many of the comments, but attacking me for other peoples opinions is like attacking the hostess because your food was under cooked. Its not their fault the cook did it wrong.

As many other people in this thread have stated, there are many children dieing at the hands of this administration and it is being overlooked or ignored. Is it purely Obama to blame? No it is the whole of the system including the military in their choice of strikes in the case of the wars going on elsewhere that the U.S. is involved in. It is the CIA that is to be blamed for the "Fast and Furious" situation. Yes, as commander in chief, Obama is the focal point and ultimately responsible, but even that is not necessarily true, as many times the Presidents hands are tied due to the bureaucracy of our Government. So you see, I have no agenda nor am I personally using the children to push anything. I am simply of the opinion that he should not be using the children to push his agenda and that he should have waited until something is passed, and therefore accepted, then brought the children out and said, "With the passing of this plan I wish honor the children for making this possible with their letters and expressed feelings on the subject". The "Children are our future" speech would make more sense then not now, in my opinion.

Edit to add: Please leave your condescending attitude out of this thread it simply shows your ego and your lack of ability to engage in a civil discussion.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In regards to todays event and Obamas unavailing of his plan.

The president was joined by four children who wrote to the White House about gun violence following the Connecticut mass shooting in which 20 children were killed. Though the administration faced some criticism for involving children in the program, they were positioned off to the side while Obama spoke.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Apparently there was enough talk about the use of children the decision was made to put the children off to the side. I commend this decision. Nice job listening to the people Mr. President and administration, nice job.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It has been pointed out (correctly) that Obama is not alone in responsibility for the horrible condition of our country. In fact, our failing nation is the result of many administrations, Presidents, Congresses, House of Representatives going all the way back to 1929 when the Federal Reserve was slipped in upon us but, I view the Assassination of JFK and RFK as being the crossroad when our Government was overthrown. Yes, I am one of those Bush Family Conspirators, as no family of politicians have done more harm to our country than the Bush family and their cohorts although I include the Clintons, along with others on that list.

No,Obama is not the cause of our country's destruction, he is just the latest in a long line of Globalist Controlled Puppets.

This is a crash course on this subsection of this topic:

I can not find 2 of 3

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
These children contacted the president on the issue of gun violence. Why should he ignore them? He's treating them with respect. He's getting their input. He's involving the kids who are at risk and have a vested interest in his policies.

Call it what you want, but I think it's pretty damn cool.

I'll call it a blatant emotional manipulation of the public. Plenty of children contact the president about many issues and get ignored. They certainly don't have children standing around for announcements of legislation they will pursue in education, welfare, or health care. All of these issues affect many children a great deal. This is a shameless ploy that is exploiting these children to tug on the heartstrings of the public to help the lawmakers pursue their agenda.

I think it is pretty damn disgusting.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

You want contrast ?

I got you're contrast.

I bet Obama's skin is plastic.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you. Really all I can say atm is just that. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Found this on facebook today.

Enjoy.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 16-1-2013 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
ATS has become this lil corner for the very small number of people that just cant fathom we have a black guy as POTUS. Most of your comments are pathetic smh! Here we have a post about Obama using kids for anti-gun control but NO mention of the new NRA commercial where they go after his kids?! Imagine that!! I wish they would just give all you gun nutjobs a place where yall can go and kill each other and do us all a huge favor. None of you even know what the REAL intended purpose of the 2nd amendment was for which is painfully obvious by reading your lame ass excuses for why you should be able to own fully-automatic assault weapons and high capacity mags and drums. This world would be sooooo much better if you lunatics had half a mind that wasnt controlled by fear and hatred!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkinsFan913
ATS has become this lil corner for the very small number of people that just cant fathom we have a black guy as POTUS. Most of your comments are pathetic smh! Here we have a post about Obama using kids for anti-gun control but NO mention of the new NRA commercial where they go after his kids?! Imagine that!! I wish they would just give all you gun nutjobs a place where yall can go and kill each other and do us all a huge favor. None of you even know what the REAL intended purpose of the 2nd amendment was for which is painfully obvious by reading your lame ass excuses for why you should be able to own fully-automatic assault weapons and high capacity mags and drums. This world would be sooooo much better if you lunatics had half a mind that wasnt controlled by fear and hatred!!

Yea because everything has to do with him being HALF black, right? You already lost credibility with that statement.
If you want an NRA thread, go make one.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Some people are just ignorant but are long on opinions.

Some people keep talking about "fully-automatic assault weapons" when in fact the term, assault weapon, when used in the context of assault weapon laws refers primarily (but not exclusively) to semi-automatic firearms that possess the cosmetic features of an assault rifle but are Fully Automatic Fire Firearms. and are very difficult to obtain a license for if not banned and illegal for many years

Some people obviously do not know their left hand from their big toe and go on and on about subjects they obviously know nothing about or they would know what a true assault weapons verses what the media tells the it is; would know that under whatever strict gun control measure implemented, a wealthy white woman such as Nancy Lanza would have passed any background check and met all requirement then and now, even with Obama's new attempts.

Fact is, some people are Brainwashed Boob-Tube Educated idiots who cannot even get their minds around the fact that only Law Abiding Citizens will and would abide by gun laws, leaving the public defenseless while the criminals would be left with an open field to do what they like.

Some people are just stupid and instead of hating them for the harm they cause our country, we should have petty on them and push for stricter drivers license requirements because they most certainly must be a threat to anyone sharing the road with them.

Some people should educate themselves before wasting our time with their dribble; Don't you agree?

As for the NRA's Commercial on the eve of Obama's Gun Grab Executive Order Attempt:

The Commercial does not go nearly far enough but what is to be expect in a 60 second commercial? As for as I am concerned,the NRA is falling down on their role and I personally am watching them very closely for Subterfuge.

I miss Charlton Heston

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There was no discussion having anything to do with race until you posted. As Juggernog stated above, there went your credibility. Actually, if I remember correctly there are a few posts/links/videos that do deal with the NRA commercial, and therefore, "no one" HAS posted about it. Now, if you had come in and expressed your opinion politely and brought up the NRA commercial as part of the discussion with your opinion attached to it, people might be more inclined to discuss the issue and allowed you some credit for bringing in an opposing view. But in actuality it is a "tit for tat" conversation at best. A ploy to show one side is better than the other or "if they can do it so can I" juvenile approach. It is one side attempting to discredit the other without facing the issue at hand. Also you coming in and name calling does nothing for the conversation nor does it do anything but hurt your credibility all the more. Would you care to attempt your post again?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting.

This isn't a show. This isn't entertainment. Why does he need
the public to show the public that they support his executive orders?

Why does he need to prove to the public, that the public is supportive of their president?

This is as if I were to have to convince someone to buy my moldy bread.
edit on 16-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
History is repeating itself, and the question is are we going to fall for it again?

We should not be surprised that with any political agenda, that they will use children, or sick people or handicap, or some other person to be the poster child for the current agenda. It has been used in politics time and time again. Anyone ever see the pics of the politicians that kiss babies, do you not think that is a ploy that was ignored? No, it should not be unexpected and it is part of the means to try to win the argument with the people of the country.

The political argument has been made, and the social one was just made. Those were to be expected, what we should be concerned with and pay attention to are the other 2 arguments that are going to be made in an attempt to have more stricter gun control, the economic and the medical. You see when you want to ban or control human nature, all 4 arguments have to be made to get people to think and agree with such. If they fail, then the resolutions will not pass.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
I'd like this explained? I'm sure it has been posted here previously, at least I'd of thought it had. Something of an agenda in appearances to me.....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
www.youtube.com...
I'd like this explained? I'm sure it has been posted here previously, at least I'd of thought it had. Something of an agenda in appearances to me.....

There you go, 4-FOUR HAND GUNS and NO ASSAULT RIFLE

Thank you Plotus, I am and have avoided this topic because it is dangerous.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
In some countries, this would be considered an attempt to use human shields.
Major hypocrisy given how he feels about young, innocent human life.

Remember, the Obama "punish with a baby" speech was made when these same children were still babies.
Shame on the parents who are willing to exploit their own children in this manner.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

In your title you should say government or secret covenant because Obama is just a puppet getting his strings pulled so you can't blame him. Many citizens have harsh emotions toward a man they don't even know personally...how pathetic. He has to play their game or they will do him like J.F.K. This is nothing but a distraction and only sheeple will fall for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join