It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to Use Children to Push His Plan on Gun Control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Originally posted by seeker1963
Perhaps you don't! But I can damn sure tell you and everyone else on ATS that you support Obama with an insane passion!

I support Obama. There's no insanity or passion about it. He's done some great things and royally screwed up some others. He's a far better choice than any of the alternatives we've had.

Am I fibbing here???

Pretty much.

BTW, it's physically impossible for me to get my "nuts crushed".
edit on 1/15/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Of course he will.

While I never read the book I've been told that in ole Adolph's classic he states that people will give up liberty in the name of children's safety. I can't verfiy that it is in Mein Kempf, but it is true nonetheless.

Derek

I believe the statement Hitler made was, and I paraphrase, "give me your children for the first years of their lives and I will control the country. I know it is not 100% accurate but I don't feel like getting my copy of Mein Kampf out to verify it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Politics is, and nearly always has been, about manipulation of the unwashed masses. I look at stories like this and I think "This is just plain sick", all he is doing is manipulating the public for his own political agendas. And the sheeple will buy it hook line and sinker.

Without mentioning unnecessary specifics, there has been a lot of talk about some of the tragedies involving children being "false flag" operations. I see that and I think "No, that couldn't happen in today's world".

Then I look back into history and find things like the Tuskegee Experiment where black Americans with syphilis were allowed to go untreated to see what would happen to them when all it would have taken was a single shot of penicillin to cure them. Then you have the Salem witch trials, the Spanish Inquisition, the Russian Gulags, Vlad The Impaler, Auschwitz, Treblinka, Dachau, and so much more stretching all the way back to biblical times when King Herod ordered all male children of 2 years of age or younger slaughtered.

When I look at inhuman history and the atrocities committed for power or glory by supposedly civilized men I start to think that the false flag idea doesn't look like as much of a stretch, true or not, as it did when I first considered it.

I try to think positive and relish the feel good stories about people helping people, but my rose colored glasses get seriously fogged up when I see our leaders doing things like this to exploit our children for their own hypocritical agendas.

ETA - S&F to the OP, and I watched the Alex Jones video. It was a real eye opener. We don't need gun control as much as we need control of our constitution trashing leaders.
edit on 15-1-2013 by happykat39 because: added info

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

please! ITS A PUBLICITY STUNT, he doesn't care about them kids...and he sure doesn't care about those kids hes killing in the middle east

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

These children not only serve as sad faces but also as human shields.
Boy I bet he is hoping something happens.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
These children contacted the president on the issue of gun violence. Why should he ignore them? He's treating them with respect. He's getting their input. He's involving the kids who are at risk and have a vested interest in his policies.

Call it what you want, but I think it's pretty damn cool.

BS. He invited a lobbyist (the NRA), corporations (the gaming and movie industry), and now children to the White House for input. He hasn't yet, however, invited any regular citizens for our input, an egregious error since it's us that any ban will affect.

This is nothing but yet another emotionally-charged fluff piece to get the bleating masses on his side without presenting a shred of evidence that gun-control works.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
This is nothing but yet another emotionally-charged fluff piece to get the bleating masses on his side without presenting a shred of evidence that gun-control works.

/TOA
But there is Plenty of Evidence to Prove having No Gun Control isnt working either.

So lets start from there.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

These children contacted the president on the issue of gun violence. Why should he ignore them? He's treating them with respect. He's getting their input. He's involving the kids who are at risk and have a vested interest in his policies.

Obama "ignores" everything else that doesn't fit one of his agendas.

Thats evident.

I wonder if he will stand with Mexican children, and answer questions about his involvement of Fast and Furious.........

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I was thinking it's really bad what he's doing.

It reminds me of men using children as human shields.

I mean, it's not like he's hiding behind them when people are shooting at him, but he's hiding behind them to keep criticism down.

We have to be very, very careful of the 'but what about the children???' argument.

The children will one day grow up, and adults are just as important, alive, ect..

That saddam is killing babies! I think back, about how many bad decisions we have made because of children used as propaganda and it makes me a bit sick.

What about the children? They deserve to live in a just world, just like adults do.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

What about the children? They deserve to live in a just world, just like adults do.
I agree with you Entirely, there were 6 adults basically forgotten who were killed in Sandy Hook as well.

So lets do something for them as well. So nobody should be slaughtered regardless of age,

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hey BH, after they ban guns they will ban ownership of dogs like yours. Give them an inch, they will take a mile. Dogs are dangerous you know.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

While he decides to take his stance on gun control, with the backdrop of children, I think EVERY American should see this video. 16 Children killed, by his policies, and he walks a free man.

Not for the faint of heart, especially when mothers call for their dead children.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

whoa even a card for this!, thanks for sharing that

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

what are you talking about?

the President swore to uphold the Constitution.

have you read it?

what about the millions of law abiding tax payers who are registered guns owners?

you do not bring children into adult conversations.

their parents have the right to defend them.

not change the policy that has founded this country

on an emotional plea. good grief..

thats why there are checks and balances and we do not

give up our freedoms for "government" safety.

you never read about history have you?

who came to the aid of people in need?

people with guns.

you did not think that through at all.
edit on 16-1-2013 by reeferman because: foolish people

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

what??

we have gun control.

people register their firearms.

wtf.

what criminal has a registered firearm?

NONE!

you should be more pissed off at operation fast & furious.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

what??

we have gun control.

people register their firearms.

wtf.

what criminal has a registered firearm?

NONE!

you should be more pissed off at operation fast & furious.

absolutely no one is talking about fast and furious..smh

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
When I think of the President of the United States, I think of freedom and blood. I think of courage and sweat.

I don't think of gun control and children.

Welcome to the United States 2.0

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

But there is Plenty of Evidence to Prove having No Gun Control isnt working either.

So lets start from there.

Fair enough, let's start with the second amendment. Our founding fathers put it into the constitution for a reason. They knew from first hand experience that an armed populace can defend itself from those who would enslave them through laws and taxation. The United States was brought into existence by men who were armed and fought back against an unfair government.

But there is still a problem with the TOTALLY FREE access to weapons. Let's compare guns to cars. I know the analogy is not perfect but that does not make my points less valid.

1 - A car is a dangerous machine in the hands of the irresponsible and untrained. So we require any person who wants to drive one on public streets and highways to pass a drivers test to be licensed to drive. Once the test is passed a person can beg, borrow or buy a car and drive it freely as long as safety laws, such as speed limits and DUI restrictions, are not violated. In other words, there are no restrictions, other than public safety laws, on when, where or why you drive your car. Violate the safe driving laws enough and you can lose your license either temporarily or permanently.

A gun is also a dangerous machine in the hands of the irresponsible and untrained gun owner. So, the person who wants to buy and use a gun of any type should have to also pass a safety test to obtain a license to own a gun. But once the license is issued there should be no further restrictions on the purchase and ownership of a firearm, with exception of having to comply with similar laws for public safety as has to be done to drive a car.

There is, however, one other thing that does not apply to driver licensing that does apply to gun ownership. And that is having a criminal record for a felony crime, especially a felony that involves violence. But we already have those laws on the books. They just need to have some sharper teeth in them to make it damned uncomfortable for a convicted felon caught with a gun.

And finally, we already have laws on the books preventing a person who is mentally incompetent from owning a gun or driving a car. This one also needs better enforcement.

2 - The reason for not having "gun control" as the government wants it (meaning confiscation) is clear if you see the actual crime statistics from places where total gun bans have been passed. Gun, and other violent crimes, have skyrocketed wherever the law abiding citizenry has been disarmed. There is a cute little phrase that has a ton of truth in it, "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns".

3 - One more reason for keeping law abiding citizens armed is that just two or three states where there is good hunting will have so many registered gun owners that they would be a larger "standing army" than many small and medium countries. That should give pause to any invading army that wants to come on American soil and take over. And, those same numbers should also give pause to any government agencies assigned the task of confiscating our guns, especially considering the American peoples love of their guns and belief in the second amendment.

In fact, there is a thread that was started right here on ATS in the last day or two about someone wanting to build a fortress style community. I sure wouldn't want to be the one charged with confiscating the guns of the people living in a community like that.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Unless children are living under a rock...they are well aware of the tragedy of Sandy Hook. They don't feel safe anymore...they are concerned and have contacted the President; they want to be involved in fixing the problem. Actually I think this event will be a healthy step for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join