It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to Use Children to Push His Plan on Gun Control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Oh please - the NRA did not drag out kids when they made their spiel. Now given all the various preppers, kids that shoot, and families with guns the NRA probably could have found some kids somewhere to get on a video or on TV and say it was a good idea. But they didn't. Sorry - No where near the same.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
Imagine if the Republicans had children ushered out onto a stage if they were arguing why abortion is wrong!!!!!

These babies DID NOT contact Bush. They were dragged into it for political purposes.

GW Bush - Stem Cell Research - Snowflake Babies

Source

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!

Thats the most popular and over-used mantra out there and most of the people that use it are full of crap.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

These babies DID NOT contact Bush. They were dragged into it for political purposes.

roflmao

Your so blinded by your partisan political beliefs, my comment went right over your head!!!

Show me one thing I have ever posted that says I liked Bush!!! Go ahead, I dare ya!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
These children contacted the president on the issue of gun violence. Why should he ignore them? He's treating them with respect. He's getting their input. He's involving the kids who are at risk and have a vested interest in his policies.

Call it what you want, but I think it's pretty damn cool.

Children who have no idea of how our country was formed, how we earned our independence from England, how it was possible. Without any help or influence, wrote letters to the president with their well thought-out opinions. And I am sure that young kids' opinions are much more important than say, the founding fathers of this country.

I think Obama should get input from somewhere else. The taxpaying citizens of this country, perhaps. And don't tell me that he has some kind of a mandate to do this, because he does not.

This is nothing but propaganda, using children. The basest, ugliest form of it.

edit on 15-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Yeah those stupid kids wanting people to not shoot them. Do they not know that is what the founding fathers wanted. Nut bags with guns in schools, I think Washington ran on that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If obama and the left care so much about children then bring them on stage and ban abortion!

No wait that will never happen guns kill more people than abortion does!

Back to agenda pushing.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yeah those stupid kids wanting people to not shoot them. Do they not know that is what the founding fathers wanted. Nut bags with guns in schools, I think Washington ran on that.

Yea, your right! The kids are not stupid, it is the parents who are stupid for allowing their children to be used as political pawns for the scumbags in Washington!

+1 more 
link   
Using children to propagandiate and disarm the public... This is political terrorism, is it not?

I won't rant like Alex Jones might, but I do realize he is right in that there are so many other things killing Americans, statistically. Hyping a tragic event for weeks on end doesn't justify the call for legislation which will do nothing. Handguns will continue to lead in criminal use and what they are trying to ban won't.

It is not about gun control, but control.
They do not want you to have a way to defend yourself from a distance.

He has not even been reinaugurated yet, and what is the number one issue in America?
Purely coincidental, right?

link   

The problem is that I as a Republican can admit when a Republican does something wrong but I have not met one single Obama supporter on this site that will admit when he does something wrong.
Either you truly dont see the propaganda behind what hes doing or your just to stubborn to admit he can do something wrong, all you people ever do is go back 4 or 8 years and say well look Bush did this Bush did that, instead of focusing on the here and now
Pathetic

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Doesn't terrorist hide themselves among children so no one will shot at them? Just sayin......

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The problem is that I as a Republican can admit when a Republican does something wrong but I have not met one single Obama supporter on this site that will admit when he does something wrong.

Quoted for truth according to them he has never ever done anything wrong.

This is the zombie nation we live in look up that bob hope video on youtube.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Either you truly dont see the propaganda behind what hes doing or your just to stubborn to admit he can do something wrong, all you people ever do is go back 4 or 8 years and say well look Bush did this Bush did that, instead of focusing on the here and now
Pathetic

How many people have you met on this site, what are you saying?

link   

YOU KNOW THIS IS ONLY A POLITICAL PROPAGANDA STUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worth repeating, it is exactly what is it. Just as the MSM uses emotion to push the issues they are paid to push.

What will the kids have when right after right is removed from the citizenship. Violence won't be solved this way.

link   
reply to post by EternalWatcher

Yea, like this guy right here

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Your so blinded by your partisan political beliefs, my comment went right over your head!!!

It was YOU who brought political parties (partisan politics) into this. YOU said "Imagine if the Republicans had children ushered out onto a stage..." That is a partisan comment. I do not, nor have I ever, belonged to a political party.

reply to post by Juggernog

Originally posted by Juggernog

You have "met" me. And I have said MANY times that Obama has done something wrong or that I disagree with. The only reason I brought Bush into this is that seeker1963 talked about how Republican's don't do this...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It was YOU who brought political parties (partisan politics) into this. YOU said "Imagine if the Republicans had children ushered out onto a stage..." That is a partisan comment. I do not, nor have I ever, belonged to a political party.

Deflection as usual, when you get your nuts crushed you always say you never belonged to a political party.......sigh Well, maybe in legaleze you have never signed up to one.....that doesn't mean you don't' follow one now does it!

Perhaps you don't! But I can damn sure tell you and everyone else on ATS that you support Obama with an insane passion! Am I fibbing here??? After all, they can go and check all of your past posts to see who is telling the truth and who is lieing!!! Want to go there do ya? Well let's dance!

edit on 15-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Whenever you here anyone in any political office utter the words "it's for the children", it should immediately set off alarms. Those alarms should ring loudly in this gun-control debate, but also with any bond issue, sales tax vote, or really anything meant "for the children".

"For the children" is the political equivalent of foreplay: what you here right before being screwed.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

These children contacted the president on the issue of gun violence. Why should he ignore them? He's treating them with respect. He's getting their input. He's involving the kids who are at risk and have a vested interest in his policies.

Call it what you want, but I think it's pretty damn cool.

Children who have no idea of how our country was formed, how we earned our independence from England, how it was possible. Without any help or influence, wrote letters to the president with their well thought-out opinions. And I am sure that young kids' opinions are much more important than say, the founding fathers of this country.

I think Obama should get input from somewhere else. The taxpaying citizens of this country, perhaps. And don't tell me that he has some kind of a mandate to do this, because he does not.

This is nothing but propaganda, using children. The basest, ugliest form of it.

edit on 15-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Again, much more important than the adults AND their children who don't want the government to round them up into camps and exterminate them for disagreeing with them. Since banning guns will give them that ability, and as history has shown - many times exercising that ability.

I'd rather not give them that opportunity. But you're just an anti-gun shill, right? You're going to preach from your playbook no matter what I say. Screw logic and facts.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Imagine if the Republicans had children ushered out onto a stage if they were arguing why abortion is wrong!!!!!

Source

I'd sure hope you wouldn't expect anyone to come up and say how it was different for Bush or how his using children for politics was somehow better. He's as ugly with it and much scum as anyone else in doing that. My personal feelings go all the way back to Reagan and learning 'We are the World' for a political cause as a child. I learned it SO well, decades later, I still know that song to the word, by heart.

Person or cause doesn't matter to me. If a child is too young to independently explain the purpose, importance and basic conflicting points of a political issue? They're too young to use as a prop to advance it.

@ Thread

I noticed the NRA Eagle/Marksmanship programs were mentioned for gun safety in schools and I don't see relation there. If the NRA carries the message of political activism to take home to Mom and Dad as a part of it? Then by all means, they need to knock that off.

Aside from that? It's like saying Shop Class is political just because many areas have Union Labor related to the skills learned there. Firearm safety, IMO, isn't political. It's a basic life skill in a nation where firearms are part and parcel to daily life and culture.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Of course he will.

While I never read the book I've been told that in ole Adolph's classic he states that people will give up liberty in the name of children's safety. I can't verfiy that it is in Mein Kempf, but it is true nonetheless.

Derek

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join