It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to Use Children to Push His Plan on Gun Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I understand the sensitive nature of gun control in light of the resent events within the United States. I also understand that the issue of gun control can be heard from every street corner in the nation right now. Some of you may know that petitions have been filed with the White House, not only to deal with gun control, but also to not make any rash decisions or executive orders as the 2nd Amendment is coming under fire.

Tomorrow, the President and Vice President will be holding an event at the White House to "unveil a package, a concrete proposal to reduce gun violence and prevent future tragedies" Okay, that sounds good. The country is screaming for action and they are on the ball. How this turns out, whether good or bad, in terms of what it means for the 2nd Amendment, will have to be seen tomorrow.

Here's the problem, They will be surrounded by children. I feel this is an attempt to exploit these children and create sympathy within the masses in order to push their agenda. I feel this stunt will make it harder for Congress to deal with this package due to the "backing of the masses" and they may be forced to pass it along regardless of what the fine print has to say. It is one thing to announce and go over a plan the people are screaming for, but to involve children as a backdrop, with Sandy Hook so fresh in everyones mind, is a low calculated ploy to gain backing for his plan.

What say you ATS?

Here is the announcement of tomorrows event.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Agarta because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
These children contacted the president on the issue of gun violence. Why should he ignore them? He's treating them with respect. He's getting their input. He's involving the kids who are at risk and have a vested interest in his policies.

Call it what you want, but I think it's pretty damn cool.

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

He is sickening! Imagine if the Republicans had children ushered out onto a stage if they were arguing why abortion is wrong!!!!!

Nothing is beneath our current dictator.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Here's the problem, They will be surrounded by children. I feel this is an attempt to exploit these children and create sympathy within the masses in order to push their agenda. I feel this stunt will make it harder for Congress to deal with this package due to the "backing of the masses" and they may be forced to pass it along regardless of what the fine print has to say. It is one thing to announce and go over a plan the people are screaming for but to involve children as a backdrop with Sandy Hook so fresh in everyones mind is a low calculated ploy to gain backing for his plan.

Well Duuuh! Everything is a staged sham with Obama. Anybody remember all of the people in white lab coats at one of the Obama care press conferences.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
yah great lets start letting uninformed children who arent old enough to own a gun make our gun laws for us.. All they know is their idiot parents and obama tells them GUNS ARE BAD they kill people.. why dont they kids send obama a letter asking him to stop murdering women and children all around the world. Oh and maybe tell them guns cant kill people they are an inanimate object, someone has to pull the trigger, and it seems the GOV likes to pull the trigger more then anyone.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
How about he instead surrounds himself with the dead bodies of all the kids he put death orders on with drone strikes? Barack Insane Obama is a hypocritical, psychopathic, lying piece of trash.

Maybe use some eyedrops next time to actually make it look like you are really crying, but they figured people are stupid and will believe he wiped away real tears. Laughable.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

Your post deserves a string of stars.

Obama uses children.... when he's not killing them.

+13 more 
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He's getting their input

So thats where this moron is getting his political advice from.. That explains so much.

link   
It isn't unexpected. Politicians have engaged in the despicable practice of using children since the day they invented themselves. Obama is no exception. You'd think people would've caught on to these little tricks by now. Your partner may change, the music may change, but the dance is still the same.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
These children contacted the president on the issue of gun violence. Why should he ignore them? He's treating them with respect. He's getting their input. He's involving the kids who are at risk and have a vested interest in his policies.

Children who have no idea of how our country was formed, how we earned our independence from England, how it was possible. Without any help or influence, wrote letters to the president with their well thought-out opinions. And I am sure that young kids' opinions are much more important than say, the founding fathers of this country.

I think Obama should get input from somewhere else. The taxpaying citizens of this country, perhaps. And don't tell me that he has some kind of a mandate to do this, because he does not.

This is nothing but propaganda, using children. The basest, ugliest form of it.

edit on 15-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Agreed. Everything is staged probably with many presidents before Obama

At least we're in an age where it's becoming more and more common for people to ask questions and begin to stand up, after being told to obediently sit down for so long.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, that explains the last 4 years of government stupidity.
Bush didn't need any kids since he never matured after age 8 anyway.
Cheap Mr. Obama. very cheap.
He's going for broke and can't afford to back off now.
Dig in your heels people, this isn't going anyway anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hey BH, Thanks for the thoughts and I agree with the fact that they did write him on the issue as well as thousands of adults. I also understand his desire to honer them for doing so and have no issues with that either, but to gather a group of children to a press conference in my mind is setting a visual stage that we do not need right now with the emotions so high. Now, if after it is settled and a plan is passed and active he wanted to bring them together to honor them that would be a totally different story.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
President Obama has no shame. He'd sell his own mother to get what he wants and he'd send her C.O.D. with registration just to add insult to it.

He's the President...not some punk Senator from a Midwestern state. The kids may have offered...but is he obligated to take up children with their good intentions on everything?

Children want to see an end to the killing in Syria too. Should we send a troop of kids to the Consulate nearest and then on in for a big demonstration in Damascus? Hey, the kids COULD bring peace!

Of course, in THAT clear an example, it's easy to see how it's exploiting the well meaning thoughts of CHILDREN ...who don't KNOW enough about the issues to FORM educated opinions. It's why we have a voting age and many other things.

I know the teens and kids here will fall over each other to grab a keyboard and flame me..but I really don't care. Kids are great to be seen, not heard and when they reach the age of majority, as defined at 18 within our society, they at least have the legal basis to voice an opinion in a way that matters.

Until then??? I have NO respect for any scumbag using kids for political ends. Obama or anyone else... Scum is the only fitting word.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Oh please, people like you make me irate.

These children aren't old enough to vote, and are not old enough to make any decision on political policies.

He doesn't care about these children's 'input'; and these children aren't at risk from anything except losing their liberties to a tyrant.

YOU KNOW THIS IS ONLY A POLITICAL PROPAGANDA STUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, we have to screw every legal gun holder in America who isn't a criminal, for the children. IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!! YOU DON'T WANT GUN CONTROL?!?! YOU FREAKING HATE CHILDREN

AHHH, This pisses me off!!!!!
edit on 15/1/13 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Having read the op's piece and the reviewed the video the following can be stated:

This is nothing new, infact when ever the government has an agenda to try to pass or restrict human behavior it will use the following arguements: Medical, Economic, Political and Social means to try to gather the support of the people to try to get support and to make what ever they want look bad.

So they will bring out the medical aspect of what ever is viewed as bad, showing the impact on health. Then there is the economic aspect, how much is going to cost society, followed by the political means and will, casue they think that by reacting to an issue, then there is the social. Those are the 4 aspects that will be used, and have been used to try to either get something either passed or banned.

It is just a political ploy, the question is how many people will fall for such?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute...

Are you saying that Barack Obama, his administration, or his supporters would.

Exploit....

Children...

for political gain or to shove their agenda through?!?!?

I do think that's what you are saying and darn it - based on the above vids it looks like you are right.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

President Obama to Use Children to Push His Plan on Gun Control

The above is so entirely specious, it's laughable.

Hey, everybody! The NRA is using children to push their plan! They assert that making schools Gun-Free Zones is irresponsible and dangerous. They want a gun in every class room.

See how that works? Anything anyone does can be spun to the negative to suit another agenda.

edit on 1/15/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I think that's a reasonable enough assumption, notwithstanding the awful drone events in other countries, as some have rightfully mentioned. Others are pathetic and talk as if human being children are ignorant, when they are clearly not. No doubt, we will hear from them tomorrow or whenever it is. You and I though are likely to be a minority in this thread, my friend.

edit on 15-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

I'm going to show that video to every Obama supporter I know. That was very hard to watch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join