It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morsi’s Slurs Against Jews Stir Concern: "these warmongers, the descendants of apes and pigs."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Mods: I apologize if this has already been covered. Also, I wasn't sure as to what area of the Forum to make this thread. Please remove or move if necessary, thanks.

Morsi’s Slurs Against Jews Stir Concern

Link: www.nytimes.com...

CAIRO — Nearly three years ago, a leader of the Muslim Brotherhood delivered a speech urging Egyptians to “nurse our children and our grandchildren on hatred” for Jews and Zionists. In a television interview months later, the same leader described Zionists as “these bloodsuckers who attack the Palestinians, these warmongers, the descendants of apes and pigs.”

I am unable to view the speech, so I can not confirm or deny much of this. Does Morsi speek out against Jews or is it Zionists?

There's an obvious difference between Zionists and Jews, that's why I take issue with this. If Morsi is speaking directly against Zionists and not Jews, then this changes everything. It doesn't change the foreign relations mess with Israel, but it will drastically change public opinion of Morsi.

Outlining Mr. Morsi’s dilemma, the Egyptian satirist Bassem Youssef used the president’s anti-Semitic remarks to set up a contrast with his more recent collaborations with Washington and Israel, including the brokering of a cease-fire with Palestinian militants in Gaza. Mr. Youssef, whose television program broadcast the video clip about hatred Friday night, juxtaposed Mr. Morsi’s 2010 statements denouncing “Zionists” and their Western supporters, including Mr. Obama, with the Egyptian president’s more recent declaration that he hoped Egypt and the United States could be “real friends.”

If the US would back off of Israel, and stop supporting their every move... we could then have a beneficial relationship with Egypt and Morsi. I assume, this is the case in regards to many other nations of the region.

One thing that has always kinda poked at my side is why the US supports Israel in the first place. I mean, I get geo-political positioning and such. But cmon son! It's literally a nation, a government, that is dictated by religion. Wasn't the US founded upon principals that separate government and religion?

The article then makes mention that these denouncements of Israel have been generally restricted to addressing Zionists, and not Jews themselves.

But, let the true colors show:

“We must never forget, brothers, to nurse our children and our grandchildren on hatred for them: for Zionists, for Jews,” Mr. Morsi declared. Egyptian children “must feed on hatred; hatred must continue,” he said. “The hatred must go on for God and as a form of worshiping him.”

Just perfect(sarcasm)!

Good job Egypt! Or maybe, it does reflect the majority of opinion in Egypt.

This is all starting to make Hosni Mubarak look like an angel. I'm still a bit confused as to why so many people outside of Egypt supported the over throw of Mubarak, not suggesting that there wasn't any reason. But hey, look what it got them.

Just more disgusting people, saying more disgusting things. Religion is such a wonderful tool.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sure Hosni, that will surely make your region more stable. Complete. And. Total. Idiot. Can the citizens of the world stop electing children to power? Please?

-TheGhoster

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
Sure Hosni, that will surely make your region more stable. Complete. And. Total. Idiot. Can the citizens of the world stop electing children to power? Please?

-TheGhoster

Correct me if I'm wrong. But, Hosni wasn't about the destruction of Israel, and didn't make anti-Semitic remarks.

Besides internal conflicts, was the region not more stable with Hosni? Just wondering

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

One thing that has always kinda poked at my side is why the US supports Israel in the first place. I mean, I get geo-political positioning and such. But cmon son! It's literally a nation, a government, that is dictated by religion. Wasn't the US founded upon principals that separate government and religion?

Isn’t every nation in the ME dictated by religion? The Muslim Brotherhood isn’t a political party, it’s a radical Islamic movement.

Ron Paul’s idea of non-intervention is sounding much better to me these days. I don't think there is a sane group of people running any country on this planet.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

"Morsi’s Slurs Against Jews Stir Concern"

Not on ATS, especially for the majority here, many would applaud him.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature

Originally posted by theghoster

-TheGhoster

Correct me if I'm wrong. But, Hosni wasn't about the destruction of Israel, and didn't make anti-Semitic remarks.

Besides internal conflicts, was the region not more stable with Hosni? Just wondering

Nope, you're right, but I have the feeling that when he says "Zionist" his audience will probably view it as anything Israeli, thus incting an already angry population to violence. Just my humble opinion--I'm probably incorrect ont hat point. As far as Egypt being more stable--sure it was stable on the surface, but it was only the surface details not the actual underlying tension that was there. He was only suppressing the inevitable. Egypt would have exploded whether it is was Hosni or anyone else--the demographic, economic, and social realities weren't in his favor. So yes, it was more stable, but not in the long-run.

-The Ghoster
edit on 15-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

"Morsi’s Slurs Against Jews Stir Concern"

Not on ATS, especially for the majority here, many would applaud him.

I think many would applaud him, if it was against Zionists. I don't think a majority of individuals on ATS are anti-semitic.

You may be, but I love the Jews and I despise Zionists.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Even if what Morsi said was aimed at Zionists and not the Jewish people in general it really doesn't matter. When groups attack Israel they don't aim their attacks at the "Zionist Regime" but usually at average Israeli citizens (ex: bus bombings). Kind of like Al Qaeda is supposedly not against the American people but their government, and yet the World Trade Center buildings were for the most part full of civilians. Just like when any organized armed group attacks- innocent civilians are the largest number that are injured or killed, not the actual people these groups rant about hating.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I can't really justify what Mursi has said, but when Memri tv translates things, they usually end up with inaccuracies. I can clearly see their on the next line of pictures. Just scroll down a bit to the next picture and you'll see their logo

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
He is nothing special.
Many have said the same thing.

Just add him to the "What world famous men said about the Jews" list.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

“We must never forget, brothers, to nurse our children and our grandchildren on hatred for them: for Zionists, for Jews,” Mr. Morsi declared. Egyptian children “must feed on hatred; hatred must continue,” he said. “The hatred must go on for God and as a form of worshiping him.”

Two brief points...

1. The topic of Israel seems to cycle heavily... like some other less than notable things, on roughly the same schedule as the phases of the moon.

2. The above quote is just one more example of how racism and bigotry is not something isolated to one or two nations and certainly not limited to any one race to perform.

Helluva way to start a Monday morning. Time for more coffee...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So the guy said their ancestors were apes and pigs? The pig thing, I don't know, but I take calling someone an ape or a relative of an ape as a compliment, and is an accurate scientific description. I've never known why that is taken as a slur. Except for the throwing feces thing, which protected everyone against leopards and not a bad defence if you are face to face with a mountain lion.

top topics

join