It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least one shot in St. Louis business school shooting

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

At least one shot in St. Louis business school shooting

www.stltoday.com

A shooting has been reported at the Stevens Institute of Business and Arts at 1521 Washington Avenue.

At least one person was injured by the gunman, according to police scanner traffic. The suspected gunman, believed to be a 21-year-old man, was reported to have shot himself.

Two men were brought from the building on stretchers and loaded into ambulances. One left immediately while the other was idling in front of the building.

Nearly two dozen squad cars are out around the building. Helicopters are flying overhead.

SWAT teams were moving through the building ensuring each floor clear.

Authorities have closed off Washington Avenue between 15th and 18th streets and St. Charles Avenue at 14th Street.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15/1/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This just broke on Fox so it's developing as we speak....

I know you'll get people moaning about this being reported, but i think it's good that word gets out sooner rather than later. You could be in the vicinity and in danger yourself.

I'd certainly want a heads up.

Will post more as it comes in.

CX.

www.stltoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Noted

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Isn't St Louis a wonderful and peaceful little town on the Mississippi? You can almost hear the air whistles of the Riverboats .....over the gunshots and screaming, of course.

St Louis Ranks #3! (They were #1 at one time..they're slipping)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It really depends what side of the river you are on if murder gets reported.
I got lost one night on the east side.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
2 shot, gunman in custody after he shot himself in the chest.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Oh.. East St Louis is where even the Cops go missing occasionally, or so I hear.

I had a trainee stop for directions at 3am one night in St Louis on the North end..up by Earth City. It's not THAT bad a neighborhood north of I-70 but absolutely bad enough at what used to be the Produce market there (Not sure..is that all still there?) Anyway... He didn't get me up like ordered to if he had questions or got lost.

He actually believed the half dozen or so people who'd gathered around the truck in just the minute or so he'd stopped and it took me to realize it, were there to be helpful. Yeah... at 3am...in what appears to be an empty and desolate neighborhood.. Some folks, I swear. They could stand on Death Row and simply comment on how 'quiet and peaceful' it must be for the 'well behaved' residents. lol...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Looks like a personal issue. He shot a financial advisor, then himself. He survived and is in custody. Recent report is all clear.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. In the Chest? Who shoots themself in the chest?

At this point i'm almost willing to say that the guy got shot in the chest and they are just reporting that he shot himself just to make it seem in line with every other shooting or to hide that someone said 'Not in my presence' and pulled their own gun out to protect people with it. you know, what law abiding gun owners do.

This is weird to say but i'll say it anyways....

How come we can't hear about a shooting and say "Darn, thats a shame. I feel bad for those people" instead of "Hey, that doesn't sound quite right".

Seriously, every one of these shootings are weird or strange in some way. That San Antonio one is the only one that i've heard of that didn't have something weird or strange about it (except the fact that someone took them down because THEY had a gun too.) Thats why I still believe that aurora and sandy were black ops (more guns found than shooters and witnesses backing that up)

My condolences to the victim. Luckily can leave it singular this time.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

Just my two cents...but most TV show suicides I've seen in dramatic situations are self shots to center mass in reversing the gun to a shot in what people imagine is the Heart. Of course, I think it's often a bit to the side and would be upsetting to someone actually attempting it....still. People learn from TV and mimic it. So, no surprise it's how some choose to act out what they imagine is a good idea.

Personally, shooting is the last method I'd ever use. My father shared too many stories with me of what screw ups looked like on attempted suicides with a gun. Umm.. There ARE fates WORSE than Death...as some people learn in a very cruel way.

There are ways....but shooting isn't it. This guy sounds like he watched TV Dramas too much.

top topics

join