It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man helped save six children, is now getting harassed for it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Duh, that is why I asked specifically why you lumped that in with the others. It doesn't belong grouped with those.

He gave the interviews, he could have just said no comment, instead of spinning longwinded tales.
edit on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:14:40 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Well, then, by all means, since he was a witness who gave his account to the media, he should be harassed. He should be accused of being a pervert. Or an actor

'Course, if no one gave interviews, that would simply lead to cries that we havent heard from witnesses so it must be fake. No matter which way it happened, you all would find something to label as 'strange'.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Back up there, haus.
I never said it was ever OK to harrass anyone. I'm simply stating a reason for the harrassment.

People have questions that only he has the answer to. I think Mr. Rosen needs to go to the media and attempt to clear up his statements instead of crying to them about being harrassed. I'm sure if he goes on the air and corrects people's "misconceptions", the harrassment will stop.

Anyways, I'm sure if he's NOT the same guy in the Screen Guilders club (am I stating this correctly?), I'm sure this guy is being harrassed, too. Why hasn't he gone to the media and reported being harrassed?

How can anyone not see that things are not adding up here?
I'm well aware that eyewitness testimony is the most unreliable form of evidence, but how can you be this unreliable? It's not like he said the bus driver was wearing a green coat when it was blue. He can't even get the driver's gender right.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by TKDRL

Duh, that is why I asked specifically why you lumped that in with the others. It doesn't belong grouped with those.

He gave the interviews, he could have just said no comment, instead of spinning longwinded tales.
edit on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:14:40 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Well, then, by all means, since he was a witness who gave his account to the media, he should be harassed. He should be accused of being a pervert. Or an actor

Yeah, that is exactly what I said

'Course, if no one gave interviews, that would simply lead to cries that we havent heard from witnesses so it must be fake. No matter which way it happened, you all would find something to label as 'strange'.

Who is the "you all" you are referring to? What group are you trying to lump me in with there?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I never assumed nor claimed he was an actor. I do believe he is the only one who did interviews of a personal nature of how he became involved in the entire traumatic affair. I haven't heard of any others who have, perhaps because they are not answering their door because they are not in need of attention.

I am sure the parents who have been accused of being part of some conspiracy will comment more at a later date because they will be grieving for quite a while. For now this guy just can't stop trying to be in the limelight.

Sorry, I have no pity for the guy. If a shooter had perhaps been on the loose he may have been called upon in those early hours to be a witness and blew it all to hell by his manic descriptions. He could have been liable for any sort of defense witness tearing him apart due to his lack of ability to stop talking to people he didn't even know and explaining details he isn't quite sure of.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

So on one hand we have people saying he never should have gone to the media. And on the other, youve got people saying he should go one more time and clear things up. Again, you all will never be satisfied, regardless of which way it goes.

You are correct, it is not the same person as the SAG actor. I cant comment on that, because we dont know if that person is getting harassed or not.

In the end, it simply comes down to this: Stating the inconsistencies is one thing. Making stuff up, which is most of what all of this comes down to, leads to things like the OP. It gives the media fuel for the fire to say "look, all truthers are lunatics".

As I said in another thread-you're all being used. And doing it willfully.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

Oh, when I said actor, I was talking about the guy in the acting guild, not the one from sandy hook, if they really are different people. I can't say conclusively one way or the other, no proof either way that I have seen. Was just joking about how the guy in the screen guild was trying to become an actor is all.

Also, I would like to say in general, that the guy came off as creepy and insincere to me, just a feeling I got. I have met people that gave the same impression in real life, and it just turned out they were odd. Coming off as creepy and insincere, doesn't necessarily mean he is a liar or whatever, if that was the only inconsistancy in the whole mess, I would just shrug it off.

The main reasons I started following the story closely are:
1)People I know in RL were effected by it, at first I didn't even know if any family was involved in the shooting at all

2)The constant changing storyline

3)A bunch of people in the media spotlight just gave me the creeps
edit on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:35:27 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

In the end, it simply comes down to this: Stating the inconsistencies is one thing. Making stuff up, which is most of what all of this comes down to, leads to things like the OP. It gives the media fuel for the fire to say "look, all truthers are lunatics".

So his inconsistencies are making us be inconsistent. That doesn't mean that 'conspiracy theorists' are nutters, it means we pay attention to detail and want to disect the media and what it produces as output.

Is why I try to google a comment and read various sources before I make a statement of fact...just in case. I early on saw the rumours of the 'actor' issue and declined to comment weeks ago because I found no evidence of that being accurate.

It is a vicious circle of 'he made me do it' philosophy. If the guy was of sound mind in the first place...perhaps conspiracy theorists wouldn't have such an issue with his viral testimonies. His testimony then becoming scrutinized and critiqued by various means. It is bound to happen. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
edit on 16-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

It doesnt matter what came first, do you understand that? Right wrong or indifferent, the media has MAJOR pull in this country. It sways a LOT of opinions. As long as we give them the fuel to paint us all as lunatics, we're losing. What good is finding truth if no one will listen?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm being used? I'm not stating the details correctly?
You're the one who was saying that he was being harrassed for being creepy (among other things).
According to the article, Mr .Rosen isn't being harrassed for being creepy either, so please stop making things up.
From the Op's article:

“I don’t know what to do,” sighed Gene Rosen. “I’m getting hang-up calls, I’m getting some calls, I’m getting emails with, not direct threats, but accusations that I’m lying, that I’m a crisis actor, ‘how much am I being paid?’” Someone posted a photo of his house online. There have been phony Google+ and YouTube accounts created in his name, messages on white supremacist message boards ridiculing the “emotional Jewish guy,” and dozens of blog posts and videos “exposing” him as a fraud. One email purporting to be a business inquiry taunted: “How are all those little students doing? You know, the ones that showed up at your house after the ‘shooting’. What is the going rate for getting involved in a gov’t sponsored hoax anyway?”

He's very vague about the alleged harrassment he's experiencing. I get hang up calls. Haven't we all?
Sure, he's being accused of being a crisis actor, but that's because there is a school that teaches crisis acting. Honestly, if he went to this school, he must've graduated at the bottom of his class because I have yet to see any real tears squeezed out during an interview.
He's being taunted with a number of things, but I don't see anywhere that he's being harrassed because he's creepy.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So on one hand we have people saying he never should have gone to the media. And on the other, youve got people saying he should go one more time and clear things up. Again, you all will never be satisfied, regardless of which way it goes.

He already made the mistake of talking to the media. Now, he must go back to them to correct things.
Sorry, but that's how it works. If he told someone unreliable, inconsistent information, his only recourse is to go back to that same source and correct his statements.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

1)Yes, you are being used.

2)Where did I say he was getting harassed for being creepy? Please quote it for me. (Hint: I never said that. I said people in this thread have called him creepy, perverted, and an actor)

3)Let me quote this for poignancy:

Sure, he's being accused of being a crisis actor, but that's because there is a school that teaches crisis acting.

Do you understand how asinine that is? The school exists, so he's being accused of it. That's the ONLY basis for the accusation-that there is a school on the other side of the country. The taliban has training schools as well. Does that mean I am free to accuse anyone who owns a gun of being a member?

edit on 16-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

He already made the mistake of talking to the media. Now, he must go back to them to correct things.
Sorry, but that's how it works. If he told someone unreliable, inconsistent information, his only recourse is to go back to that same source and correct his statements.

He has another option, as much as people dont want to grant it: he has the option to excessive his right to privacy. he doesnt owe anybody, outside of the actual investigators, anything. Just because some internet 'investigators' feel that they are entitled to an explanation, doesnt make it so. And it doesnt make it ok to harass him.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It doesnt matter what came first, do you understand that? Right wrong or indifferent, the media has MAJOR pull in this country. It sways a LOT of opinions. As long as we give them the fuel to paint us all as lunatics, we're losing. What good is finding truth if no one will listen?

Personally, conspiracy is my hobby. It keeps me involved, evolved and up to date. It also allows me the freedom to enjoy my over-active imagination and give it some exercize--without being hurtful, of course. (I hope).

If someone misunderstands another person due to their 'behaviour' (in this case, conspiracy theorists) and because the behaviour was triggered by another's odd behaviour (in this case Mr. R), who is more nutty??? Us or him? or those that believe that questioning the world events around them has no place in society?

Most of us are reasonable, educated people in here so don't discount that fact. Most enjoy the banter and exchange of ideas, each have their agenda (as they should) for the pleasure they get out of a website such as this.

If someone wants to consider me nuts for posting my opinions here, good for them. I'd have to wonder who they are to judge what is nuts when they read the daily paper, put it down and never consider or ponder that not a single article was inaccurate or somehow a half-truth. THOSE are the people I worry about more than anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The whole pervert thing, well you can thank the pedophile witch hunt mentality a lot of people have had instilled in them. Any time an older male shows any positive interest in a kid not his own, or children in general, it seems a lot of people think that they must be a pedophile, until they prove otherwise. This will end up having seriously detrimental effects on society I think.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Agreed, which is one of the reasons I have absolutely ZERO issue with threads with such accusations being chut down.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Calling him names, or accusing other people of calling him names, is really just distracting from the undeniable fact that his story makes no sense. Whether he is an actor or not, his story has major holes in it. And I've still not figured out if there was a bus or just a 'bus driver' without a bus. That concerns me more than if he is associated with some guild or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I am the one who mentioned the toys in his dang livingroom. I was the one who wondered why he had toys, until I realized (google) that he has a grandson, which explains the stuffed animals at the ready in the livingroom.

I mentioned that initially I found it disturbing that some old guy just happened to have this pile there when they arrived.

That would be the only reason why I would suspect him to be an 'actor' but I didn't have pedophile on my mind. I just thought it was odd.

I think the whole point is that no news station returned to him and likely nor did the sheriff's department and he felt left out of the loop. He can always change his phone number, it is that simple. It isn't right but it is that easy.
edit on 16-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

I've still not figured out if there was a bus or just a 'bus driver' without a bus. That concerns me more than if he is associated with some guild or not.

Agreed.
Aside from the fact that he's been asked if he's an actor, he's also been called a liar, which is the main crux of the issue at hand.
If he's wants to dispel this belief and wants people to believe he's an honest person, he needs to clear things up or shut up. Plain and simple.
Where was the bus?
What gender was the bus driver?
Who was the man who was yelling at the kids about everything being all right?
Why did he want the details from the kids instead of asking the present adult what happened?

Although, I have a sneaking suspicion that Mr. Rosen is probably already involved in a book deal (directly or indirectly) where he will be quoted on this incident. It will be interesting to see what changes and what stays the same.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm about his age.

We have toys in our living room because we have a grandchild.

I would have invited them into my house it the same thing happened in my neighborhood.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Fair enough, but if you were the bus driver, would you have instructed the kids to remain where they were seated while telling Mr. Rosen to call 911 and report their location?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join