It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man helped save six children, is now getting harassed for it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
reply to post by Afterthought

well done

this is why people are haveing some questions about this guy....

Thank you. All anyone has to do is take the time to hear that this guy is not telling the truth because his story's details change too much to be believable. If he actually believes what he's saying, he's delusional and needs help.

If Mr. Rosen is unhappy he's being harrassed, all he has to do is go to the media and answer why his details are conflicting. I have absolutely no sympathy for liars and it's his own fault if people are harrassing him.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
He wanted to play the celebrity, he wanted his 15 minutes of fame. Now he knows what it is like to be in the national spotlight. Having your every word and action scrutinized by all. Guess fame is not all it is cracked up to be, eh "hero"?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As soon as I saw the video of the actor Gene Rosen claiming to have protectively harbored a group of kids in his living room common sense observation told me that he was a LIAR - a BIG TIME LIAR AND ACTOR FOR THE GOVERNMENT.

I didn't even have to have see the other versions of his made up story - I knew immediately (on first sight) that he was a fake. One would have to be a consummate fool to believe even a single word of his fabricated story. From that point on I knew that the entire affair was fraudulent.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Itaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itaska
the actor Gene Rosen

Please provide a source for this statement.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Itaska
the actor Gene Rosen

Please provide a source for this statement.

PLEASE DON'T! It'll get this thread closed down. Gene Rosen of Sandy Hook fame is NOT the same GR of the screen actors guild. By posting that info you are implicating a private citizen who has nothing to do with event.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

This thread is going to be closed anyway, count on it. It has turned into another one of these "pile on a private citizen" threads. Funny how you seem concerned about the info of one private citizen being put out there, but you are fine with it happening to another, just because he happened to live near a terrible event.
edit on 16-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I had some spare doubts before, but the look on that man's face in his photo, his testimony about his reaction to the skeptics who push him to the limits...it rings true to me. And if I ever find out it's all a lie, I don't know if I will ever be able to trust a human 100% ever again.

At this point in time, my heart goes out to that gentleman. I really hope he finds the peace he deserves after the day that changed his life, and I hope that he can forgive the human race for being a bunch of cynical antagonistic asshats. Because really, he's proof that there's at least one small shred of hope left for humanity. Let's pray those last shreds don't die.

Peace and love to all the souls touched by that terrible day - may they always remember what they have instead of obsessing over what they don't need. Blessed be.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

This thread is going to be closed anyway, count on it. It has turned into another one of these "pile on a private citizen" threads.

What are you talking about? I don't understand why the thread should or would be closed down.
This thread is about Gene Rosen's alleged harrassment and his integrity as an honest "witness".
I also don't believe that he saved any children. I'd like to hear about this male/female bus driver who was invited into Mr. Rosen's home with the children. This bus driver is supposedly the one who picked the kids up as they were walking down the street by themselves. Why isn't anyone interviewing this mysterious bus driver?

Another thing that I find to be odd is the way Mr. Rosen keeps stating that one of the boys said his house was small. You can obviously see the size of Mr. Rosen's house in the videos I posted. I guess I live in a freaking shack if this is a small house! How big of a house does this kid live in if he thinks Mr. Rosen's house is small?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Again, I just don't get it. Why do people who make public statements in media/news and then complain later that they want to be left alone or that people don't believe them?

Well, even if I were a person on the street who was involved in an event (not including children) that I am likely a primary witness because of accidental involvement I wouldn't do 30 interviews that are conflicting. I have no interest at all in being on the news for any reason--even if I were passing by a news crew, I would change my path.

No one has the right to be calling this guy, but I do believe we have some duty to call him out as an after-the-fact confused witness.

Where the escaped children went is moot anyways, point is they did escape and that is a good thing. This guy should have just left it at that and slammed his door after the kids he harboured were returned to their parents and kept quiet until he was asked for details by a local official who came with the directive of collecting actual, calm testimony from a professional in these cases.

Sorry, but if someone is going to be allowed on video by these various interviewers while acting frazled, hyper and confused...the should expect some sort of doubt in their various story versions.

It is no different than if someone were a witness in a court and he/she keeps adding to the story or mentioning the same situation in different ways. This is what it gets them for perhaps trying to gain prolonged exposure and attention.

edit on 16-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Nice investigative work AfterThought. Yeah, after viewing the first video he seems kinda of hinky. Plus, how his story changes from one thing to another with each interview. His credibility is totally shot.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Asking questions about the story is fine. Look back through this thread: the words 'creepy' 'pervert' 'actor' etc come up time and time again. Lets not forget, Mr. Rosen is a private citizen too. No one offers any proof to go with these labels other than "i got a weird feeling from the guy', yet they continue to push it.

And then we end up with this: a guy getting harassed and accused based on NOTHING. Its shameful.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Although I and others find him to be creepy doesn't cancel out the fact that his story changes.
He's not being harrassed because he's creepy. He's being harrassed because people want to know why he is an unreliable witness.

I do find it strange that he keeps saying that he wants the parents to call him so he can hold and love their children. Ewww.
There's just some things you don't say and he's old enough to know better. Would he like it if some stranger who assisted his grandson was saying he wanted to hold and love him? I think not. It would raise red flags for me.

Edit to Add: Maybe people wouldn't find him so creepy if he had been interviewed even ONCE with his wife. I wonder when he called her to tell her that there was a bunch of kids and a bus driver at their house?
edit on 16-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What's wrong with creepy? It's just an honest reaction some of us had. The dude gave me the creeps, that makes him creepy to me. Just describing the feeling I got when watching his initial interview.

And again, he made the choice to go do all the interviews, putting himself in the spotlight. Does that sound like the actions of a hero? All the real heros I know personally, don't act like that. They say things like "I just did what I thought was right." and that is the end of that.

This guy ran to the media multiple times, with conflicting stories, so far I have seen nothing confirm it even happened at all. For all I know, he made it all up just to get on the idiotbox.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I do find it strange that he keeps saying that he wants the parents to call him so he can hold and love their children. Ewww.

I stopped watching his rant videos long ago, I think I have only seen 2 or 3 different versions/clips. Honestly, he has to knock it off. The last thing those children (or parents) need is a reminder of that day and him being all emotional wanting to bring up the day he 'saved them'. He doesn't realize they are traumatized? The town is traumatized? The world?

He needs to get over the fact that he isn't the focus in this tragedy. He mostly needs to learn that HE isn't the victim in all of this.
edit on 16-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It shows how much the perception of the media has changed in recent years. Not too long ago you saw a guy crying on the news you would feel sorry for him. Now its like you see a guy crying everyone thinks... crisis actor. Its appalling what society has become.

I do feel bad for this guy i think he is the real deal

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

This thread is going to be closed anyway, count on it. It has turned into another one of these "pile on a private citizen" threads. Funny how you seem concerned about the info of one private citizen being put out there, but you are fine with it happening to another, just because he happened to live near a terrible event.
edit on 16-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Mr Rosen is no longer a private citizen. He is a media sensation that has done tons of interviews for the mass media, including appearing on CNN!

The man who shares Mr Rosen's name, on the other hand, who is a member of the Screen Actor's Guild never asked to be scrutinized publicly.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Creepy is the least inflammatory thing i listed.

Are you sure he ran to the media? Are you sure the media didnt come to him?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Duh, that is why I asked specifically why you lumped that in with the others. It doesn't belong grouped with those.

He gave the interviews, he could have just said no comment, instead of spinning longwinded tales.He was invited for interviews, he could have declined.
edit on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:17:33 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So in a time of unimaginable tragedy, what is already known about eye witnesses-that is, that their memory of the even often changes-means it is ok to harass him? And in what world does every citizen who feels the need to know something get to harass the source for answers?

Going through this type of event with someone creates an incredible bond between those two people. Wanting to show love to the kids is not wrong in any way. I can guarantee you that he is having trouble coping with what he went through-even think that this is a way he is trying to cope?

And you wonder why he called his wife? Most people in such high stress times are naturally inclined to go to those closest to them. Again, not weird at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well, he does want to be an actor, that kind of means he is trying to be a superstar and put himself into the limelight as well no? As they say, all publicity is good publicity in showbiz

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join