This man helped save six children, is now getting harassed for it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This man helped save six children, is now getting harassed for it

www.salon.com

“I don’t know what to do,” sighed Gene Rosen. “I’m getting hang-up calls, I’m getting some calls, I’m getting emails with, not direct threats, but accusations that I’m lying, that I’m a crisis actor, ‘how much am I being paid?’” Someone posted a photo of his house online. There have been phony Google+ and YouTube accounts created in his name, messages on white supremacist message boards ridiculing the “emotional Jewish guy,” and dozens of blog posts and videos “exposing” him as a fraud. One email purporting to be a business inquiry taunted: “How are all those
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This story sounds exactly like some threads here on ATS - with "debunkers" getting accused of being in govt pay, etc.

Here's a news flash for peole who believe everythggn is a conspiracy to deprive you of some constitutinoal right or other:

USUALLY IT ISN'T - USUALLY IT IS BAD THINGS HAPPENING TO GOOD PEOLE

But people seem not to jump straight to "it's a false flag", "it's a black op" as the first option.

there have ALWAYS been mass murders - probably from before humanity first picked up a stick IMO.

For heavens sake people get a grip - the spiral of paranoia and fantasy has to stop!!

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There is nothing more loathsome than the Sandy Hook truther movement. If ATS admin had not come out and publicly stated it would not be tolerated and removed the threads, I would no longer be on ATS.

You really don't get more extreme, more despicable, than this movement.

edit on 15-1-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Can anybody on this site honestly say they didnt see this coming? Heck, I'd be shocked if there werent some ATS members that were some of the ones doing the harassing. The attitude towards people that were shoved into this situation out of chance, and good deeds, is disgusting.

I agree with Nixie....so glad the ATS admin put an end to some of that garbage, or I would likely have left this site.

But dont worry, a few of these people will show up in this thread to say its all untrue, and that he deserves the harassment. Bet on it.
edit on 15-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

This man helped save six children...

Not at all clear to me what he did to help "save" them.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I could not agree with you more.
This is the reason i haven't read one single thread about it or commented it on it.
I commented ONCE on my view of the gun control issue and left it at that.

These people who make them are like trolls on steroids,look what this guy is going through because of these idiots.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

What did Rosen do to deserve this? One month ago, he found six little children and a bus driver at the end of the driveway of his home in Newtown, Conn. “We can’t go back to school,” one little boy told Rosen. “Our teacher is dead.” He brought them inside and gave them food and juice and toys. He called their parents. He sat with them and listened to their shocked accounts of what had happened just down the street inside Sandy Hook Elementary, close enough that Rosen heard the gunshots.

He helped them.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
There is nothing more loathsome than the Sandy Hook truther movement. If ATS admin had not come out and publicly stated it would not be tolerated and removed the threads, I would no longer be on ATS.

You really don't get more extreme, more despicable, than the this movement.

I hadn't participated or read any SH threads at all so didn't realise ATS admin had done this - good for them!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I truly feel awful for what this man and his wife are going through. It gives many of us a bad name when these "free radicals" go off kilter to the point where all they see is the truth somewhere at the end of a tunnel and the collateral damage of other people's lives be damned by the wayside.
Their IS a dark side to believing in conspiracies, because sometimes we can get so close to the fringe we just fall off.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Their IS a dark side to believing in conspiracies

Yup,its ego based.
I AM RIGHT,YOU GUYS ARE DUMB....YOU'RE A SHEEP.
YOU ARE TOO DUMB TO SEE THE TRUTH!!!!!

On ats,its for stars and flags.

All for an ego hit.

Edit.
The poster named Monger 3 posts down from this one,his signature sums it up for me and i wanted to bring that up so others read it.
edit on 15-1-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

You really don't get more extreme, more despicable, than the this movement.

edit on 15-1-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

I agree 100% it makes me sick to hear things like this. Thanks to all the mod's for stepping up!

****pets mod's head & hands it a chew toy****

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

This man gets no sympathy from me. He took his 15 minutes of fame and then some, acting like some bad acting media whore.

He mishandled the situation when the children were in his company and he mishandled his multiple interviews with the media. He came across a little perverted, and now he has to pay the price.

I would be curious to find out as to whether anyone, including the female bus driver and the man who was, reportedly, yelling at the children that "It's going to be okay" have verified his story.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is what happens when people live in their own little online bubble. In a pre-internet world, these nutters would not have found anybody else to pat them on the back for their 'theories,' if you'd call them that. These days they congregate in their own private corners of the internet and hype themselves up on each others bull#.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but when it gets to the point when you're harassing a community which has underwent a tragedy on the scale of the Sandy Hook shootings, you're way the hell out of line.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

When one fringe element of a certain group decides to scream louder than everybody else, it's the rest of that communitie's job to tell them it won't be tolerated.

In this case, the conspiracy community at large, not just ATS, seems to have stated that we simply aren't going to entertain these theories that are not only disrespectful to the victims, but also to common sense.

This poor man doesn't deserve to be harrassed by anybody and it's unfortunate that the internet is used for these sorts of things. Perhaps being more vocal about how absurd these people and their theories are will help drown them out.

I can only hope.

I for one, as a memeber, am glad we refuse to entertain such things here.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

This man gets no sympathy from me. He took his 15 minutes of fame and then some, acting like some bad acting media whore.

congratulations on utterly missing the point.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
strange that hes a member of the screen actors guild.. his account of what transpired that day is pretty strange i think we can all agree. does he deserve all the hate? no, no one does. he was just getting paid to do his job

*awaits rage posts*

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wasn't Rosen's house farther away from the school than the fire station? And how did he have the casualty list from his house after just hearing about the incident from the children?
edit on 15-1-2013 by Shadowcast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't think anyone deserves harassment like this but I do understand why people feel like this. His account of what happened varied between interviews and didn't make logical sense to a lot of people, causing them to become suspicious of an incident where every report seemed to contradict the previous one, even ones supposedly from officials.

Instead of giving the interview as quoted in the OP, perhaps it would have been better to explain why there were such big differences in his interview accounts? I am sure had he explained the whole thing, for instance perhaps the news crews cut out bits of what he said so they seemed different but had just been badly edited, everything would be logical and understandable and people would leave him alone.

There is still a question mark over his accounts and this is the kind of reaction that people in general have when they have lost faith and trust in the people who are supposed to be in charge of the country and looking after the well being of the populace in general.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
"our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" and the other one said "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher" "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher".
That is his story, i don't see the big conspiracy or how he is a crisis actor. I also don't see how he saved anyone. He went to the end of his driveway and some kids said "our teacher is dead we can't go back to the school, we don't have a teacher"

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I remember when september 11 happened and a lot of people thought that entertaining conspiritorial ideas was disrepectfull to the victims/families etc. But back then I don't think anyone was ringing up the 911 victims to harrass them about crisis actors. This Sandy Hook event definately has wierdness surrounding it, much of it would come from the confusion of the moment. I believe you should investigate these with a rational and sensitive aproach. Do not make accusations without 100 percent proof, otherwise it is just a speculation. Do not let your emotions decide what is true. And for gods sake don't go invading the lives of the people involved. If you believe you have proof that this guy is an actor please share it here so we can discuss it rationally. It is not disrespectfull to investigate and ask sensible questions that will lead to facts. Acting like a fool at the site of a terrible tragedy is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join