It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Gun Alarmism, Intruders, Robbers and Attackers Are Being Stopped By Armed Citizens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Having been involved in an attempted home invasion, and having to use deadly force to protect myself. I will tell you that the decision to fire happens in the blink of an eye. Man came thru our door, loaded shotgun, it took all of 35 to 40 seconds start to finish. I fired 5 rounds indoors and 4 more at the vehicle in my drive. 911 heard every word said & every round fired. Home invasions are real, they happen each and every day in every city & town in America. In my estimate, most if not all of the innocent folks involved in the ones listed, would have meet with some type of violence if they had not acted .

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Being shot sucks, the problem is that death isnt the punishment for many of those would be crimes, prison is and criminals need to serve their time for their crime. Dead people cant serve their time.

Prison is college for criminals. that is a training ground for criminals. They walk in there being petty thugs and they walk out with a masters in the various majors in criminal activity.
edit on 16-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Being shot sucks, the problem is that death isnt the punishment for many of those would be crimes, prison is and criminals need to serve their time for their crime. Dead people cant serve their time.

The danger of death and extreme bodily harm is on all of the families, and without those guns, it would have been a terrible tragedy of break and enter, robbery, rape and murder in many of those calls.

The correct response is to protect your family at all cost. Not to be trigger happy and just shoot, but then if you're feeble and alone, I would never ever judge anyone who did when the buglar busts open the door.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

you say its completely unnecessary, i hope it never happens to you, where youre the victim at gunpoint

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Au Contraire. If someone is in my house and don't belong there, I AM judge, jury, and EXECUTIONER. Me and my families safety takes priority over some scumbags 'rights.'

peace

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I guess that's just too bad. It was a consequence of their own stupid decision to attempt to victimize another person. They know that there's a high probability that the homeowner will have a firearm of some type and will be willing to use it to protect themselves and their families. I don't know about anyone else, but that fact alone suggests to me that any thug who would willingly take that chance is probably *highly* dangerous.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

What about those that these criminals are attempting to victimize? Being shot does indeed suck, but that should have been taken into consideration BEFORE one of these thugs decided to break into someone's home.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

UK people think that if somebody breaks into your house, you just stand there, let them do their thing and leave, they won't hurt you.

Actually, that's the law in the UK.

Several people have been arrested or charged for defending themselves from attack or intruders.
www.bbc.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk... urglars-shot-break-in.html

reply to post by jdub297

if thats true, that absolutely insane! Ive wondered for awhile if thats what we were coming to in THIs country. As it is already and not necessarily including guns if its deemed you didn't use "equal force" you may be facing charges as well for protecting yourself.

Ive even had that thought come across my mind before while in a fight. i was jumped by 7 men while at my car. I happened to have a machete in it next to my toolbox and the car was already unlocked as i was getting ready to get in so i had easy access. I thought about reaching for it but wondered if i would be the one going to jail once chunks of arms started coming off which would likely result in death from blood loss. so i took a hell of a beating while fighting them off. i eventually "won", or rather they gave up for a more easy target. i was able to drive home and it took me an angry 2 weeks to recover/heal but it really made me think about what kind of place do i live in that i have to fear defending myself...now i hear there is a worse place where that is the concrete law.SMH

what are we all coming to?

edit on 17-1-2013 by Nanu13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Interesting demographics there also...

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I was in no way being selective.
We were habving a discussion at breakfast, and I did a simple search for the key words in my original post.
I took the results one-by-one and copied the case info as reported for each. I stll have all the original links.

The ONLY screening criterion was "after October, 2012."

I stopped after 10. I added the last two becuae they were on my "News" feeder when I decided to post the thread.
I am certain that there have dozens more that I didn't get or get to.
I intend to update this this weekend with more. Let's see how the demo looks then. I'll bet it is pretty consistent across geography and time, at least back 10 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join