Rand Paul On Gun Control Executive Order: Obama Is Not "King"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy

Originally posted by tonybotzo
there seems to be a growing divide over the old paradigm of war-like reptilian mentality going on and new paradigm evolution of the consciousness. it's sad to see all these old white men hang onto their outdated weapons and beliefs.

One can argue that Freedom of Speech is old and outdated also.

and that one isn't safe either. No longer can protesters gather and protest where the President might be bothered to hear them. How long before that is expanded to include all government officials?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
The Second Amendment refers to a well-regulated militia. It says nothing about random crazy, paranoid, just plain mean or stupid people with automatic weapons and 100-round clips.

I think the thing is some people actually plan the violent overthrow of our duly elected government and they are afraid that any gun control, even the most rational and sane of measures, will take away their means of doing so.

If the Republicans can't win in a legitimate election they will just take back their power by force.

That is just the dumbest load of garbage I have seen so far in this thread. Do you know what a militia is? Here, I will help. It is an irregular army made up of private citizens. The founding fathers saw this as important because they knew the danger of a totalitarian government. Without access to guns our right to form a well regulated militia is quashed.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy

Originally posted by tonybotzo
there seems to be a growing divide over the old paradigm of war-like reptilian mentality going on and new paradigm evolution of the consciousness. it's sad to see all these old white men hang onto their outdated weapons and beliefs.

One can argue that Freedom of Speech is old and outdated also.

i fail to see the correlation between my freedom to express my thoughts and your freedom to carry an item created with the intention to kill.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

i fail to see the correlation between my freedom to express my thoughts and your freedom to carry an item created with the intention to kill.

If you do not see the correlation between the first amendment, and the second than you are just the type of gullible, uninformed voter that the progressives salivate over.

It is called the Bill of Rights, the first ten amendments of the U.S. Constitution. Our founding fathers knew the dangers of an overbearing populist government, and so granted us certain rights that could not be stripped away. Rights that would forever grant the people the freedoms that others before us, great men like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, etc.. fought so hard to give us. Once "We the People" give the Federal Government the authority to begin abolishing the Bill of Rights then non of our freedoms are safe.

When it come time to fight for those liberties, and to stand against those who would oppress us all then tell me, what is your 1st amendment worth without the 2nd? Our founding fathers knew the answer to that question. They lived the answer to that question. Will you come off your high horse of cookie cutter rhetoric and at least pick up a history book.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
the only recourse that us in the Red corner have is that the 23 or so EOs that
Øbama decreed concerningautomatic weapons/large magazines, etc gets a full scrutiny from Congress and the Supreme court.

We had an EO overturned before (see wikipedia)

(the Executive Order) was invalid because it attempted to make law, rather than clarify or act to further a law put forth by the Congress or the Constitution.
Presidents since this decision have generally been careful to cite which specific laws they are acting under when issuing new executive orders

the 23 anti-gun, anti weapon, mandatory snitching Orders (forced spying by health care workers) are all overstepping the traditional norms of behavior in society... therefore should be deemed as "Making Laws" which only Congress is allowed to do...

the 23 edicts/decrees by the CIC Øbama should be deleted in my book

the man in the oval office should be able to submit Executive-Orders---
but the EOs should not go into immediate effect until those orders are vetted... by congress and/or the supreme court

top topics

<< 1   >>

join