Rand Paul On Gun Control Executive Order: Obama Is Not "King"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is going to get ugly really fast.

Real Clear Politcs

You could see Rand emerge viewed quite differently by Americans if he takes point on this as this battle rages.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I'd like to hear why you think/believe this is going to get 'ugly fast'...
Seriously - it's a loaded statement that I would like to have you clarify before I can answer or comment much more.

Thanks

peace

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
there seems to be a growing divide over the old paradigm of war-like reptilian mentality going on and new paradigm evolution of the consciousness. it's sad to see all these old white men hang onto their outdated weapons and beliefs.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I'd like to hear why you think/believe this is going to get 'ugly fast'...
Seriously - it's a loaded statement that I would like to have you clarify before I can answer or comment much more.

Thanks

peace

Why would'nt it get ugly? You honestly think the Second Amendment can just be nullified and there be no backlash? They are waiting for Obama to make his move, then the retribution will no doubt be fierce.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonybotzo
there seems to be a growing divide over the old paradigm of war-like reptilian mentality going on and new paradigm evolution of the consciousness. it's sad to see all these old white men hang onto their outdated weapons and beliefs.

One can argue that Freedom of Speech is old and outdated also.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You see I am not a gun advocate, but I do believe that the constitution was designed to protect the people, so now you role back the second amendment, with ease and no opposition. The whole document is up for role back and update. This really isn't about guns for me. It's about somebody saying the American constitution can be ignored because we control the white house. Just like a king.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

Why would'nt it get ugly? You honestly think the Second Amendment can just be nullified and there be no backlash? They are waiting for Obama to make his move, then the retribution will no doubt be fierce.

This was a question to you the thread host asking for clarification. I wasn't making a statement I was asking why YOU think it will get ugly.

Personally? I hope things get ugly. No I don't want people to hurt and die and suffer - but on the other hand - I'd like to see this generation stand up and do what's right to keep the next generation FREE!

I hope the American People as a WHOLE stand up for what their country was founded on. Stand up for what their family members have stood and died for - since day one as a Nation and even before.

Will this make the Nation? I don't know. But if it doesn't it will certainly break it.

peace

edit on 15-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more on getting ugly fast!!

If he does pass this to ban guns, what's to stop him from taking back any other RIGHT we have as Americans?

Man, the founding fathers are rolling over in their graves and trying to come back to life as we speak!! Then there are people like us who are just as pissed as them, and we are ALIVE to stop this madness from happening!!

BUT WHERE DO WE START TO STOP THIS???

If someone could get a plan hashed out, count me in......I don't know what to do to try and put an end to this though.....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by silo13

You see I am not a gun advocate, but I do believe that the constitution was designed to protect the people, so now you role back the second amendment, with ease and no opposition. The whole document is up for role back and update. This really isn't about guns for me. It's about somebody saying the American constitution can be ignored because we control the white house. Just like a king.

Bingo! If Obama can shred the Second Amendment as easily as he thinks he can, you know the First Amendment will be next in line for the shredder.

This is a control issue for this administration. Obamacare was all about control, as is this new stance on guns. Safety means nothing to those who want complete control. We've been teetering on strict govt. control of the internet for years and that could easily come to fruition in the months ahead. Step by step or nation is being transformed by a man who openly campaigned that he literally wanted to transform it. He warned everyone during his 2008 campaign. The people were to mesmerized and baffled to understand what he really meant.

I always remember this moment from 2008.

Soros had backed Obama for president in 2008, saying that he had “the charisma and the vision to radically reorient America in the world,” and personally contributed $50,000, the maximum allowed, to the Obama inauguration.

Radically reorient America in the world!! Indeed he is.... A new role that will only be appreciated by a very select few who actually control Obama. Who will then aim to control all of us.
edit on 15-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy

One can argue that Freedom of Speech is old and outdated also.

The already have remember " Free Speech Zones " /

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The First Amendment has already been stepped on and many people completely missed it. (See HR 347 for the rather clever wording and restrictions to the Right to publicly assemble).

Rand has some big shoes to fill. His father opened the eyes of a lot of people and many are now looking to see if he will pick up the mantle and continue the movement or lay it down and walk away.

He has made a few good steps, but he really lost a lot of my respect when he endorsed Romney after what the GOP did to "daddy" at the RNC convention. I hope he rises to the occasion....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Why do you feel the need to make racist comments?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

It's only racist when it is a white person talking about a non-white race... didn't you know? I guess that is something that must be learned as we move forward into this new paradigm of the evolution of consciousness, leaving the old ideas and beliefs in the past.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Rands hair was so crazy that it distracted me from what he was saying. If he doesnt do something about that ,there will be no Rand2016.Im sure I agreed with what he said, I agree with most everything else he says.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

What do you expect. look at the avatar,apparently he praises liars and murderers of kids and is in favor of indefinite detention without trial. Im gonna LMAO at Obamazon lovers when the are forced to pay for health insurance here soon at about three hundred a month and ONLY poor people will be forced to pay it. Oh but wait, its the republicans fault as usual. Well .maybe its NOT the republicans fault, maybe Obama is just LAZY or is that racist ? I guess if my comment disappears then it IS considered to be a racist remark in the eyes of the mod.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

He is going for the brilliant Einstein look.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
**ALERT** It is important that all of you read this thread to fully understand the implications. It is NOT JUST ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by silo13

THANK YOU!

No seriously, this is one of the most level headed gun debate topic posts I've seen since this whole mess started.

I feel very disappointed when I hear people saying the Constitution is an ancient document that wasn't meant for 'modern times' and thus, should be completely overhauled. The level of propaganda in this nation is absolutely insane and has caused much division. The Constitution protects people more than they think.

There are people who take the Constitution seriously and take their arms and god-given right to self-regulate a militia. That is the reason why ammo and guns are literally flying off the shelves. Gun shows and shops are seeing record attendance and sales. There are literally people going to ammo shelves and sweeping ammo into the cart with their arms.

edit on 17-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The Second Amendment refers to a well-regulated militia. It says nothing about random crazy, paranoid, just plain mean or stupid people with automatic weapons and 100-round clips.

I think the thing is some people actually plan the violent overthrow of our duly elected government and they are afraid that any gun control, even the most rational and sane of measures, will take away their means of doing so.

If the Republicans can't win in a legitimate election they will just take back their power by force.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I don't know where you are but in the U.S. we have a Bill of Rights. It was written to protect the citizens of the country from a government that would try and infringe upon our liberty. One of those rights is the the right to keep and bear arms.

If you are not a supporter of the BOR then you, as a free individual have a right to take up residence in some place that is more to the liking of your "new paradigm" I would suggest maybe N. Korea or Cuba for a starting point in your quest.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join