It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the attention? Why do you even care? USA obsession.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Les Misanthrope summed it up nicely.

Everybody cares because the USA is still a superpower with enormous economic, political and military impact on the rest of the world.

If the USA was not so dominant in world affairs people would not care. We don't care about Luxembourg because they don't matter at all on a global scale.

If you're the big dog everybody watches your moves.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yea, I know youre from Canada Intrepid but lets be real here... Canada is basically Englands little brother or maybe "step child." so you might as well be Europe

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Yea, I know youre from Canada Intrepid but lets be real here... Canada is basically Englands little brother or maybe "step child." so you might as well be Europe

I have no problem with that. I still didn't get a response to my question though. I'll reword it. "So can you accept that other countries peoples are going to be interested in the internal workings of American politics as long as the American gov't is screwing with other countries and their citizens?"

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The problem is that these people cant seem to tell the difference between ordinary citizens and our Govt.
All i ever hear is you stupid Americans...blah blah blah.

Anyway, I think your efforts would be better spent by petitioning your own Govt to not let the stupid Americans affect their policy so much.. eh?

edit on 1/19/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
People are obsessed with power and love to watch the world burn. For instance look at celerbties you will get trailer park trash telling a multi millionaire what is right or wrong. While someone eats spagetti Os everyday they will make fun of celerbities because they have a zit on their face. same goes for the US. Other countries are jealous because we touch literally everything worldwide. If people didn't want us around they would tell us but of course they want us around because they can't do the things we do. Like our navy name another country who patrols the whole world in international waters.... No one, other countries are jealous and therfor tell us we are wrong for doing it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The problem is that these people cant seem to tell the difference between ordinary citizens and our Govt.
All i ever hear is you stupid Americans...blah blah blah.

That's the thing though. YOU elect these people. Technically. I know about the voting BS. You still put these tools in a place of opportunity during conventions though.

Anyway, I think your efforts would be better spent by petitioning your own Govt to not let the stupid Americans affect their policy so much.. eh?

Really? And what does our gov't do when America shuts off trade in any given industry when we don't "toe the line"? Say like when our gov't wouldn't support the Iraq invasion?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Really? And what does our gov't do when America shuts off trade in any given industry when we don't "toe the line"? Say like when our gov't wouldn't support the Iraq invasion?

Its all a political game, you know that. Theres nothing you or I can do about our respective govts (short of a revolution) and you know that as well

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Its all a political game, you know that. Theres nothing you or I can do about our respective govts (short of a revolution) and you know that as well

As this relates to the topic.... get busy then an revolutionize your country. Then we will care less about what goes on there.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why make this post? Not really helping it any. Yeah, the US has issues right now. I still like living here over other choices I would have. I still have the right to complain, though.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i dont think the "average" american gives a # for anything beyond his back yard..or even cares to learn about whats beyond his back yard really, the members of this site are not included as they wouldnt not be here if not inquisative and questioning..i consider them above average. america appointed itself king and police of the world so the world watches with disgust at the hypocracy of its actions

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I also hate it when I read "no you can't complain, you elected him". I didn't vote for Obama. So yes, I can complain.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late to the game on this one, but I think I can sum up the obsession with one word- Envy. Now that may not be every person's motivation, but envy is an extremely common human emotion. Your friend gets a new car and instead of being happy for him, are you secretly saying to yourself "Why can't I have a new car too?" And there you have it.

America is the land flowing with milk and honey. Our standard of living is the highest in the world- and don't throw some little country like Luxembourg at me- we're doing a Hell of a job providing this standard to over 300,000,000 people. People from all over the world flock to us wanting to become part of us. And regardless what anyone wants to think, the US. has been very kind to the world. Yeah, sometimes you have to break a few egg shells to make an omelet, but that's life. Get used to it.

Here's something every America basher should read : people.cas.sc.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join