It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most delicious thing ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Candied bacon.

I like bacon, but was never huge on it, never got into the insane craze people were in over it. I'm also not a huge fan of the salty/sweet combo.

But candied bacon, delicious. Just awesome.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Never heard of it. I know of maple flavoured bacon though, but don't like it much. So tell us more about this. Is it candy that tastes like bacon or bacon with some kind of coating? Got any pics?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sweet + Meat = never goes well for me. its disgusting.

Meats needs to be spiced up. Including Bacon.

Oh yeah Chewy bacon > Crispy bacon!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

stuffed and fried calamari, the stuffing is a cheese stuffing, one of my favorite dishes

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a recipe... sounds kinda good

candy.about.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What is your method for Candied Bacon?
I too am not a sweet meat kinda gal. Even maple sausage just does not sit well with my brain and taste budders

..However I have yet to encounter any kind of Bacon that is bad.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
mmm..toasted peanut butter and chedder cheese with crispy bacon between.....then freshly popped corn in bacon grease for desert..mmm...washed down with fresh glass of milk

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Didn't think there would be this much interest! It is candied bacon, not bacon-flavored candy, which does sound absolutely terrible

I don't have any pictures, but essentially i cook it in a skillet with brown sugar, smoked paprika, and pepper. I don't like it overly sweet, and the heat tastes nice, too. I tend to cook my bacon for a little bit before adding the other ingredients, just to render some of the fat out (or when i'm at my college apartment I cut the fat off the raw bacon and render it and save it for cooking other things).

Super easy. Essentially just fry some bacon up with brown sugar and other spices, or just brown sugar. Smoked bacon is the best, though (duh). I like my bacon softer rather than hard as a rock, but thats just me.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I posted my recipe for it here in a favorite way to eat bacon thread.

top topics

join