It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama weighs 19 executive actions on gun control, faces resistance

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

It has been so long since I have seen those papers I do not recall what information was even on it.

I know it had all my information but I am not sure if it had what was being bought at the time.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Well I hope they pay for a new door, because there is nothing here to find. Two of the three gun I have bought were sold in private sale. The only thing left is the 12 gauge, the SKS and AK are gone.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Well I hope they pay for a new door, because there is nothing here to find. Two of the three gun I have bought were sold in private sale. The only thing left is the 12 gauge, the SKS and AK are gone.

Raist

Not only will they not pay for your new door they will likely kill the family pets if they do anything other than sit there wagging their tails. However, they might... I hear they are likely to do anything.

I doubt very much they will be able to follow the paper trail that far - I worked in MI for a long time. It takes teams of people months to track down specific items - and that is for national security things.

There is simply not the manpower to go to that level. Hell, they have to call in people from all of DHS nationwide to handle Katrina and other disasters and the scope is purely local.

The key for them to get this done is to require registration of all weapons eventually...

I don't intend to register anything.

As for ammo - I have enough on hand to last for 10 years or more. They can come get them and I will conduct a one for one bullet exchange. However, they will be in two parts.

The casings they can gather up from around my corpse and the medical examiner can remove the projectiles from the bodies of the "agents".

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I do not think we will ever know for sure just how many firearms are out in the public. I imagine the numbers to be way beyond what they have guessed.

Like you I would not register either. If it came down to it I would rather the river eat the gun then to let them get ahold of it. if nothing else I would put it in some sort of case and put it in a hole covered with concrete.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

These measures will ensure that a realtime gun database check will be performed anytime law comes in contact with any firearm. If it is unregistered it will be destroyed. The majority of Americans will be deemed unworthy to own a gun through measures taken through the healthcare act. That's just my best guess based on the ground work that was laid today.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I wonder how many in law enforcement will be worthy? Or how about politician, celebrity body guards?

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by ararisq

Dear leader and his regime have already shown themselves to be our enemy. We are at war. The citizens of this nation are under attack by the regime. The only question is WILL we fight back?

Who is at war? You? The minority (!) of Americans who think that owning guns is "oh so important"?

The "citizens of this nation" are not under attack, dear friend. The citizens of this nation actually spoke with their vote not long ago. They still voted for Obama, what he stands for and all what it implies.

Here is the truth: The MAJORITY of Americans is FOR gun control. The MAJORITY of America doesn't give a hoot like some gun-touting rednecks who think that the sky will fall if stricter gun laws will be passed.

You guys are continuing with your same illusion as you did before the last election, when you were convinced that Obama will lose big time - just to see you were wrong!

Now, you are continuing with an illusion that a HUGE amount of Americans feel threatened by a new gun control law and that "many, many" people oppose this, ready to go to war against "the regime".

You will get a big, big wake-up call when you realize that not even remotely that many people give a **** about those things as you THINK. You are the minority. Do you even realize that?
edit on 16-1-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

It will really depend on your financial involvement and will to be "free".

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

That is not a legitimate statement that the majority spoke during the election. In this day in age we are capable of clear and consise voting but that is not what has happened in a long time. The only way the Americans are responsible for this is through ignorance and not through knowledgeable choice.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I am poor or near enough

So I guess I am screwed.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Cry me a river libs.

You are part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The only real means to give it effect are the arms specified and held by the people in the 2nd Amendment.

Without them.... it is just paper.

Other countries with bills of rights and no 2nd amendment equivalent manage to defend their rights with civil law.

Why can't you guys??

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The only real means to give it effect are the arms specified and held by the people in the 2nd Amendment.

Without them.... it is just paper.

Other countries with bills of rights and no 2nd amendment manage to defend their rights with civil law.

Why can't you guys??

I don't mind answering.

Other countries are not near as comfortable as us.
It seems to be hypnotic.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

That is not a legitimate statement that the majority spoke during the election. In this day in age we are capable of clear and consise voting but that is not what has happened in a long time. The only way the Americans are responsible for this is through ignorance and not through knowledgeable choice.

It sure isnt. The country wasnt voting on having the constitution changed. I cant understand how someone would think that we elected a dictator or something. jeesy

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

When I say gun nuts it does not mean the person has 400 guns. It means the crazy attitude that comes along with some gun owners.

Like these two.

There are a ton of these types out there, a bunch on ATS too and any other predominately right wing fringe forum.

Not all pro-gun people are gun nuts. Not all gun owners are gun nuts.

Is this guy a nut because of his resolve? And why do you go to any one sort of pro-gun person and try to pin the rest with it. This guy may not speak like most gun owners but most gun owners are about as certain.

I use the term nuts. Anti-gun nuts, anti-constitution crazy nuts, anti 2nd amendment nuts.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

The "citizens of this nation" are not under attack, dear friend. The citizens of this nation actually spoke with their vote not long ago. They still voted for Obama, what he stands for and all what it implies.

No kidding! All 118% of the citizens in some (many) districts!

Here is the truth: The MAJORITY of Americans is FOR gun control. The MAJORITY of America doesn't give a hoot like some gun-touting rednecks who think that the sky will fall if stricter gun laws will be passed.

Where are you seeing that the "MAJORITY of Americans [are] FOR gun control"? Source, please? By "source", I'd like to see real figures and real numbers; not Obama math, like "118%".

BTW, don't come knocking on my door, when you're told it's time to board the train. You are on your own.

The rest of us are very aware of how alone we are. We are and will be ready to take responsibility for our own lives and the lives of our families and friends, when that time comes. At least I know I will rest in peace, since my legacy isn't cowardice and I'm willing to fight to the end.

I find it sad (heck, I may even shed half a tear) that so many of you are destined to march gleefully to the camps. Just don't whistle and skip too hard or fast, you'll need your energy.
edit on 17-1-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by ararisq

Dear leader and his regime have already shown themselves to be our enemy. We are at war. The citizens of this nation are under attack by the regime. The only question is WILL we fight back?

Who is at war? You? The minority (!) of Americans who think that owning guns is "oh so important"?

I don't care if I'm in the "minority" or not. We are a constitutional democratically elected republic, not a democracy. That constitution guarantees my right to own a gun. It guarantees that you will not confiscate my gun because it "looks scary" or "holds too many bullets" in your opinion. If you wish to change that, you MUST change the constitution first. Good luck with that.

Now, you are continuing with an illusion that a HUGE amount of Americans feel threatened by a new gun control law and that "many, many" people oppose this, ready to go to war against "the regime".

You are under the illusion that the minority you are trying to oppress will willingly comply with illegal laws. If you want my gun, you must amend the constitution first. Otherwise, over my dead body.

You will get a big, big wake-up call when you realize that not even remotely that many people give a **** about those things as you THINK. You are the minority. Do you even realize that?

I realize I am the minority, and I do not care. The constitution protects my rights, not you, and it does not matter what you or the majority think. Amending the constitution is a very difficult process for a reason, to protect those who are unpopular, people like me. What you must learn is that you are part of a constitutional democratically elected republic, not a democracy, and if you ignore that and try to pass illegal laws, there are those of us who will not comply, even if it means death.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join