It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama weighs 19 executive actions on gun control, faces resistance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Take it out on the people who abused the Second Amendment privileges mate, I know it's like school, one guilty pupil means the whole class gets punished but hey, something was always gonna be done
They ARE NOT PRIVILEGES! The second amendment is a God given right.

no - it is a congress given right.

Adopted through the process of joint resolution of Congress on September 25, 1789, and came into effect as Constitutional Amendments on December 15, 1791, through the process of ratification by three-fourths of the States.

sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

but something had to be done

Then swim over here and do it 'He-Man'.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You guys do know the difference between an executive action and an executive order, right? An executive action is anything the president can do legally and constitutionally that doesn't require congressional approval. The items I see listed in the OP's article are not horrific.

It's unclear how many of the 19 options the president would eventually take up. Those options could include more aggressively enforcing existing gun laws, beefing up national research on guns and ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks.

They could include ordering tougher penalties for gun-trafficking offenses and ordering federal agencies to make data on gun crimes more readily available.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

None of these seem like impeachable offenses to me - they just seem like common sense. I saw somewhere that another possible executive action is to allow schools to use some of the federal education grants to go for more security for schools. Wow - isn't that horrible.

edit on 15-1-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If I am not mistaken, Congress was created by the US Constitution.

Article 1 Section 1
All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the
United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

So you are saying that a part of the Constitution(Amendment 2) is given to us by a body created by the Constitution(Congress)?
IOW, the Congress exists courtesy of the Constitution. The Constitution trumps Congress.
edit on 15-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Now for the kicker!!

Obama plans to surround himself with children when he makes his big anti gun announcement tomorrow. Creepy and quite reminiscent of a notorious WWII Tyrant who was famous for his use and manipulation of Children to influence public opinion and the greater good...

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney announced this afternoon that President Obama will unveil a “concrete package” of gun control proposals including assault weapons bans, high capacity ammunition magazine bans, and closing loopholes on background checks.

Carney said that the president will be joined by Vice President Joe Biden as well as children who wrote to the president after the Newtown shootings.

“They will be joined by children around the country expressing their concerns about gun violence and school safety, along with their parents,” Carney confirmed. (See video of Carney's remarks here.)

President Obama specifically mentioned children during his December speech in response to the shooting.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Who can say no to a Stuffed Shirt who surrounds himself in a "fatherly" manner with beautiful children and a smile. All while quietly wiping his feet on the Constitution that he stands on daily...?

Disgraceful!!

Be very wary of what is happening right before our very eyes...
edit on 15-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Article 1 Section 1

So you are saying that a part of the Constitution(Amendment 2) is given to us by a body created by the Constitution(Congress)?
IOW, the Congress exists courtesy of the Constitution. The Constitution trumps Congress.

all true - but not actually disagreeing with me at all.

the constitution is jsut a bit of paper unless there are means to give it effect. teh means to give it efect are teh laws greated by congress, and congress and het states have het means to alter - amend - the constitution.

It is a neat circle, but it is congress that carried out the action to legally create the 2nd amendment.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The only real means to give it effect are the arms specified and held by the people in the 2nd Amendment.

Without them.... it is just paper.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney announced this afternoon that President Obama will unveil a “concrete package” of gun control proposals including assault weapons bans, high capacity ammunition magazine bans, and closing loopholes on background checks.

Carney said that the president will be joined by Vice President Joe Biden as well as children who wrote to the president after the Newtown shootings.

“They will be joined by children around the country expressing their concerns about gun violence and school safety, along with their parents,” Carney confirmed. (See video of Carney's remarks here.)

President Obama specifically mentioned children during his December speech in response to the shooting.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Who can say no to a Stuffed Shirt who surrounds himself in a "fatherly" manner with beautiful children and a smile. All while quietly wiping his feet on the Constitution that he stands on daily...?

Disgraceful!!

Be very wary of what is happening right before our very eyes..

Cheers to you for finding a link I posted this on page 2 but was listening to the radio in the car and driving and unable to find a quick link. This sickens me to the core...

No shame - the POTUS is a prostitute nothing more. Willing to exploit children to forward an agenda. And people wonder why there are those who suspect that the Sandy Hook thing is all a little too convenient in its timing after the election and ponder...would the Dear Leader kills some kids to get his agenda passed?

Well, I don't have any proof of that but I know he will exploit them and use them as a canvas upon which to paint a masterpiece of BS to sell this crap to the people.

But we did it for the children...

Will that be the epitaph on the tombstone of America?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
You guys do know the difference between an executive action and an executive order, right? An executive action is anything the president can do legally and constitutionally that doesn't require congressional approval. The items I see listed in the OP's article are not horrific.

It's unclear how many of the 19 options the president would eventually take up. Those options could include more aggressively enforcing existing gun laws, beefing up national research on guns and ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks.

They could include ordering tougher penalties for gun-trafficking offenses and ordering federal agencies to make data on gun crimes more readily available.

None of these seem like impeachable offenses to me - they just seem like common sense. I saw somewhere that another possible executive action is to allow schools to use some of the federal education grants to go for more security for schools. Wow - isn't that horrible.

It's the other actions not reported that call for confiscation of all unregistered guns and banning all guns.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Hallelujah, taking into consideration that even a "Presidential privilege of executive orders are bind by laws so the president do not over step his boundaries in an attempt to undermined the second amendment or any constitutional laws, this issue will become unconstitutional and challenged accordingly

If Obama wants to make history amending the Constitution of the US he has chosen the wrong way to do it.

In America we have three branches of government and one can think it can override the other two but at the end when it comes to constitutional issues the line is very well define

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

It's the other actions not reported that call for confiscation of all unregistered guns and banning all guns.

What you have listed is NOT one of the possible executive actions. Those would require congressional approval.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
An amusing quote from the novel Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, anyway lately the novel and the quote in particular seem more and more relevant.

“All these beefy Caucasians with guns. Get enough of them together,looking for the America they always believed they'd grow up in, and they glom together like overcooked rice, form integral, starchy little units. With their power tools, portable generators, weapons, four-wheel-drive vehicles, and personal computers, they are like beavers hyped up on crystal meth, manic engineers without a blueprint, chewing through the wilderness, building things and abandoning them, altering the flow of mighty rivers and then moving on because the place ain't what it used to be. The byproduct of the lifestyle is polluted rivers, greenhouse effect, spouse abuse, televangelists, and serial killers. But as long as you have that four-wheel-drive vehicle and can keep driving north, you can sustain it, keep moving just quickly enough to stay one step ahead of your own waste stream. In twenty years, ten million white people will converge on the north pole and park their bagos there. The low-grade waste heat of their thermodynamically intense lifestyle will turn the crystalline icescape pliable and treacherous. It will melt a hole through the polar icecap, and all that metal will sink to the bottom, sucking the biomass down with it.”

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

You like guns huh? Slight over-reaction mate, I don't trust politicians much but how could anyone in that position actually sit back and do nothing after Sandy Hook? Forget false flag theories etc., it is simply impossible to disarm America, but something had to be done

you're right that something needs to be done, like removing all gun free zones, arming teachers, and informing the public that guns keep them safe, not run a campaign of fear.

you do realize that gun bans increase crime, right? the answer to sandy hook is making sure that gunmen are facing ARMED civilians, not unarmed targets.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Forget false flag theories etc., it is simply impossible to disarm America, but something had to be done

That is probably what the Russians, Chinese and Cubans thought also......

Take it out on the people who abused the Second Amendment privileges mate.....

Not privileges there braveheart......rights man. Rights.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Well when I read the above text....it looks like Obama is really working to protect the 2nd amendment if all he is going to toss at the issues is this stuff. All it says is..."Hay, we have been slack with laws we alreadly have. And the boys need to get together and share more info". Its just the sort of stuff anti gun folks love to hear....like cheep fast food so filling.

As you were!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Now for the kicker!!

Obama plans to surround himself with children when he makes his big anti gun announcement tomorrow. Creepy and quite reminiscent of a notorious WWII Tyrant who was famous for his use and manipulation of Children to influence public opinion and the greater good...

Back durring the first "Great Gun Flap" Clinton used to do photo ops with cop all around him. They were so staged and NOTHING but press branch propaganda.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Take it out on the people who abused the Second Amendment privileges mate, I know it's like school, one guilty pupil means the whole class gets punished but hey, something was always gonna be done
They ARE NOT PRIVILEGES! The second amendment is a God given right.

Adopted through the process of joint resolution of Congress on September 25, 1789, and came into effect as Constitutional Amendments on December 15, 1791, through the process of ratification by three-fourths of the States.

sorry about that.

Sounds like a states rights issue to me then.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

The idea of death penalty is moronic, we are already dying anyway. I would prefer to have been able to hear what Saddam, Gaddafi and Osama had to say or how they justified or came about to execute certain actions.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This whole deal can be REALLY EFFIN SCARY !!!!

The whole fact that he's going to release this executive order while surrounded by children on national TV reeks of some potential serious business here. The children are a ploy. It's obvious he's going to use these kids and a psy-op technique to soften the blow of the orders, which means they are going to be serious.

REALLY EFFIN SCARY!!!!!

I have buddies calling me from Texas, Tennessee, Southern Illinois, there's alot of talk in the grapevine of whats supposedly coming tomorrow.

Ish might get REALLY CRAZY REALLY SOON from the way my buds down south are talkin, basically telling me "out of their dead cold hands" and that the local sheriffs will refuse to follow the federal orders.

No matter what they ban, it won't change ANYTHING. I Live in Cook county Illinois where they band hand guns and we had over 500 hand gun deaths last year, murder captial.

I'm pretty much disgusted to my stomach from what I think is coming tomorrow

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by butcherguy

Article 1 Section 1

all true - but not actually disagreeing with me at all.

the constitution is jsut a bit of paper unless there are means to give it effect. teh means to give it efect are teh laws greated by congress, and congress and het states have het means to alter - amend - the constitution.

It is a neat circle, but it is congress that carried out the action to legally create the 2nd amendment.
NO. They did not. The Constitutional convention did. Even they did not "give" us those rights. The acknowledged them as hereditary, a gift to all freemen from a loving creator. "Rights" are never "given" by government, privileges are. The Constitution was meant to define and restrain the power of government. Government derives it's "power" solely from the consent of the governed. It is time for the governed of this nation to withdraw our consent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join