It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama weighs 19 executive actions on gun control, faces resistance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They ARE NOT PRIVILEGES! The second amendment is a God given right. The Constitution does not restrict the people. It is supposed to restrict the government.

The guys in Scotland, Wales, UK, Australia. They have A LOT of opinions on what it means to be an American and about our laws.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well, in simple terms...he swore an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution. The words of the Second Amendment are not hard to understand to the point of needing to be "interpreted"...they are what they are.

However, the First Amendment is also pretty clear and we have witnessed this President and the previous one stepping all over it. The Patriot Act, NDAA and HR347 are all...in one form or another, violations of the Constitution that have not been properly dissected and challenged by the people...we just let them bend us over and stuff these "declarations"...well,you know where...

Do not be fooled folks, this is not a "Democrat" or "Republican" agenda...it is a blatant move by those behind the curtain to slowly erode our rights away and change the very nature and structure of this country...and they will.

Who are they? That is a good question. My gut tells me it is the extremely wealthy and privileged that truly believe they are evolutionarily superior and we, the herds, must be managed under their watchful control.
edit on 1/15/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
and once again, we are using flaw logic... to keep quoting the same theme over and over:

Guns are not the Issue... People Are...

Japan
0.06 guns for every 100 people (lowest of nations)
0.07 Gun related Deaths for every 100,000 people

Chile
10.7 Guns for every 100 people (10+ more than Japan)
0.06 Gun related deaths for every 100,000 people (0.01 less than Japan) - (Lowest of all nations)

United States
88.8 Guns for every 100 people (88 times more than Japan, so we should have at the very least 80 gun related deaths for every 100,000 people)

10.2 gun related deaths every 100,000 people (not quite the numbers you will expect if guns were the issue)

El Salvador
5.8 Guns for every 100 people (1/2 of weapons than Chile — 15 times less than the US)
50.36 gun related deaths every 100,000 people (5+ more than in the US)

I also found that in the US 26 % of the population has some kind of mental issues... That to me is the problem we are not addressing.

How about banding the drugs that make people suicidal?

links to info:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.gunpolicy.org...

www.nimh.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

They ARE NOT PRIVILEGES! The second amendment is a God given right. The Constitution does not restrict the people. It is supposed to restrict the government.

The guys in Scotland, Wales, UK, Australia. They have A LOT of opinions on what it means to be an American and about our laws.

Think of that as a vantage point mate

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Well, in simple terms...he swore an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution. The words of the Second Amendment are not hard to understand to the point of needing to be "interpreted"...they are what they are.

However, the First Amendment is also pretty clear and we have witnessed this President and the previous one stepping all over it. The Patriot Act, NDAA and HR347 are all...in one form or another, violations of the Constitution that have not been properly dissected and challenged by the people...we just let them bend us over and stuff these "declarations"...well,you know where...

Do not be fooled folks, this is not a "Democrat" or "Republican" agenda...it is a blatant move by those behind the curtain to slowly erode our rights away and change the very nature and structure of this country...and they will.

Who are they? That is a good question. My gut tells me it is the extremely wealthy and privileged that truly believe they are evolutionarily superior and we, the herds, must be managed under their watchful control.

It's been going on for years mate, it's just a shame that it's the subject of guns that has made some wake up. Another thing that's clear is that people of America have been stretched so far in their beliefs (through media etc.), that there will never be enough people with the same mind set and beliefs, strong enough to make a change.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As for this thread.....If people have not figured it out yet whats happening in our nation.... then they should know to not tolerate unfounded ignorance.If they move to remove guns from people then they will do just that period.There will be no revolution or uprising when they implement this plan.You as Americans will stand by your voted officials play calls or be found in contempt treason for not following due process laws established by your law makers and government,There is a right way to non-conformity and a wrong one.Ok.. one more brief example then I am done here. Let's say they made guns illegal....well their are many things illegal....and if one gets caught breaking those legalities then they are then considered criminal.So in short people will always break the laws,the laws will always punish the people for breaking the laws...so if they ban guns...it will be a criminal offense like anything else.Ok im done here....but small word of advise..if you vote for a law or allow a law to be brought into fruition and you do nothing to stop it...the you must abide by the law or be punished.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Take it out on the people who abused the Second Amendment privileges mate, I know it's like school, one guilty pupil means the whole class gets punished but hey, something was always gonna be done

Please tell me in what religious text does it say "Thou shalt have a high capacity weapon" I mean I am all for gun rights, hell I have several guns myself, but I dont' think it's a God Given right that I'm armed..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Take it out on the people who abused the Second Amendment privileges mate, I know it's like school, one guilty pupil means the whole class gets punished but hey, something was always gonna be done

Please tell me in what religious text does it say "Thou shalt have a high capacity weapon" I mean I am all for gun rights, hell I have several guns myself, but I dont' think it's a God Given right that I'm armed..

The sword was the assault weapon of the time of Jesus.

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”
—Luke 22:36, NIV

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I think obama should be impeached, charged with treason and put to death and made an example of. I think the biggest problem now days in politics unlike a hundred years ago is there is no deterrent for anything you can pretty much do ANYTHING you want and what is anyone going to do? Nothing, if you are president you are still going to get a paycheck for life and a security detail and likely you made millions while president if you weren't already rich so what do they care.

There should be many mandatory test you should have to undergo that are publicly available before even being considered as president. Like mental health, physical, IQ tests, and anything else that would make sure we don't have mentally ill sociopaths running our country.

Actually this should have happened with the previous administrations! And that last part really says it! Merit not who you know...
edit on 15-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The sword was the assault weapon of the time of Jesus.

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”
—Luke 22:36, NIV

I don't think that it took into consideration a weapon that could be used to mow down a thousand people at once.. Again.. I am all for owning and knowing how to use a firearm, and I'm all for owning them, and making sure that every American has at least the right to a handgun/shotgun/rifle but don't try and claim religion on this issue when you're using quotes that dont' quite fit the thing being discussed (also remember not everyone is Christian, so is is only your God given right, what one of my Gods condones the use of a high capacity weapon?)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The need for a weapon is brought to us by the nullification of posse comitatus.
As long as the military being deployed in the us then we always live in danger and need protection.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Read my comment a little better, I am not against owning guns, quite the contrary, I am all for enforcing and making sure ALL Americans have access to them, if they so desire, I am opposed to people claiming it's a God Given Right.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Gotcha
One could argue that it is an indirect right from GOD.

Regarding the bible verse i wonder what weapon Jesus would advise to buy if the scene was set today.
edit on 15-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by vkey08

Gotcha
One could argue that it is an indirect right from GOD.

That's some kinda God mate

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Bloody hell what a load of BS

It's unclear how many of the 19 options the president would eventually take up. Those options could include more aggressively enforcing existing gun laws, beefing up national research on guns and ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Those politicians can lie you can't and what is the difference they determine if a person is "worthy" from the NCIS background the form is moot.

They could include ordering tougher penalties for gun-trafficking offenses and ordering federal agencies to make data on gun crimes more readily available. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

The only people who get to run guns are them fast and furious anyone personally I think the people should be held to the same standards that they are.

Yeah more hoops that gun owners have to jump through and be determined if they are worthy pf owning a gun.

Meanwhile they give guns(better ones) and tanks, and bombs, and rpgs, and fighters, and bombers to freedom fighter and dictator alike.

There is something seriously wrong with this country and the sheer number of people who have no problems with government legislated morality.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Seriously, the POTUS has no shame - like the religious people who go door to door with children in tow so that people are more likely to be polite and engaging he is to roll out his new gun control "ideas" using a bunch of children as a backdrop.

Just heard this on the news live - I'll look for a link.

Wow! All I can say is wow...

Do they not even care any longer how much this administration is emotionally manipulating the people? So blatant and obvious about it.

I am disgusted.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Forget false flag theories etc., it is simply impossible to disarm America, but something had to be done

That is probably what the Russians, Chinese and Cubans thought also......

No, it's not like school. The constitution guarantees my right to keep and bear arms. I do not lose that right because someone else abused it. If you want to take that right away from me, you must do it through a constitutional amendment. Nothing less will suffice, at least not legally. That said I do not expect them to do things legally anyway.

Just look at New York state. What business is it of anyone else how many rounds I carry in my handgun? Or that my gun is "semiautomatic?" No one's but my own. If the politicians seriously expect that people like myself are going to "turn in our guns" or our magazines because they can hold "too many" bullets simply because they say so, they're going to be sorely disappointed. They do not have the right to force me or anyone else to do that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It enumerates inalienable rights granted by our creator that the people shall have the right to bear arms in defense of tyranny. The argument - should we have nukes - YES if that is what it takes. Semi-automatics are the last line we'll cross though. So long as humans move the war machine and they have to eat, sleep, and breath then they can be defeated by a civilian army of 10 million.

That is why you can expect 5 million Chinese and UN soldiers landing off the coast of Georgia/South Carolina if this thing erupts. The 'former' United States will drop the Constitution and then if they win the entire country will be without any inalienable rights - only rights granted by the government.

Hope that works out for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't think that it took into consideration a weapon that could be used to mow down a thousand people at once..

As a career Soldier I have never seen a weapon that is capable of "mowing down" a thousand people at a time.

Can you please tell me which one that is - is it hand held, crew served, what because I've called in all kinds of air power and artillery and not mowed down 1000 people at a time.

Perhaps you are referencing nuclear devices but they are hardly hand held and rather than mowed down the people would simply be obliterated.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yep...you're right...it is a damn shame that people have allowed themselves to be dumbed down and distracted while other rights were attacked or severely curbed...It took an attack at the second to slap people awake and aware of what has been going on for the last decade....all under the guise of "protection"...

We can have our property searched and seized without warrant...

We can now be detained for no reason for indefinite amounts of time without a trial by jury...

We can no longer freely assemble in public places...(brought to you courtesy of HR 347)...this one is a sneaky one that just galls me to know end...read it...If you publicly gather somewhere to protest...anywhere, they can arrest you and say that someone nearby was under secret service protection or said grounds were off limits due to security reasons or "under construction"...so basically, if you decide to protest across the street from a public representative and you annoy them, they can have you hauled away under a plethora of cleverly written conditions...up to and including "disrupting the functionality of Gov"...and here I thought that is what protests were supposed to do....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The funny thing is, if this happens, Obama will be greeted not only by governments of other countries. but people also. Well most of them at least. If you guys resist, the world will label you as "crazy americans" once again.

Don't get me wrong, I support you, while I live in a country that has very strict gun laws.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join