It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama weighs 19 executive actions on gun control, faces resistance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Obama weighs 19 executive actions on gun control, faces resistance Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

President Obama is weighing as many as 19 different gun control measures that he could take without congressional approval, as he prepares to unveil a comprehensive plan to address gun violence amid claims from Republicans that he's overstepping his bounds.
The president could reveal the details of that plan as early as Wednesday. During the final press conference of his first term, Obama said Monday that he will "vigorously pursue" the recommendations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.examiner.com
U.S. Constitution to Be Read Aloud in House Tuesday
edit on 15-1-2013 by Rising Against because: Fixed title.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That is way too many directions to try to navigate any acceptable solutions. Just more fuel for impeachment. They know we the people will not accept a few of these unlawful orders. Get ready for things to heat up tomorrow when details of exactly what will happen should emerge. Will they be able to get away with infringing on our rights even more?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i dont know... Fox news AND the examiner? Seems pretty legit.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think obama should be impeached, charged with treason and put to death and made an example of. I think the biggest problem now days in politics unlike a hundred years ago is there is no deterrent for anything you can pretty much do ANYTHING you want and what is anyone going to do? Nothing, if you are president you are still going to get a paycheck for life and a security detail and likely you made millions while president if you weren't already rich so what do they care.

There should be many mandatory test you should have to undergo that are publicly available before even being considered as president. Like mental health, physical, IQ tests, and anything else that would make sure we don't have mentally ill sociopaths running our country.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

Sources have nothing to do with it and this has been running across ALL media now for a few days. It's good to know people look beyond sources they personally dislike though.

If the King is weighing 19 Royal Decrees...then I'd say I support those weighing his Impeachment for Cause. This senate wouldn't convict if he shot someone in the Rose Garden on national TV ...but the process of Impeachment will slow his roll just a bit and clip his little tyrant wings a hair. That may be enough to take the HARD HARD edge off his Royal attitude toward everything not directly a part of his own team.

Us vs Them isn't the attitude to see in elected leaders...and in a President? It's not ugly, it's tyranny.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

If it helps i think Alex Jones is reporting this also.

link   
Come and take them

The good news is if they do this under preventing murder and murders still happen; as they do in every country that has taken the guns, They will all be deemed "Insane" as Albert Einstein defines it...

link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I think obama should be impeached, charged with treason and put to death and made an example of. I think the biggest problem now days in politics unlike a hundred years ago is there is no deterrent for anything you can pretty much do ANYTHING you want and what is anyone going to do? Nothing, if you are president you are still going to get a paycheck for life and a security detail and likely you made millions while president if you weren't already rich so what do they care.

There should be many mandatory test you should have to undergo that are publicly available before even being considered as president. Like mental health, physical, IQ tests, and anything else that would make sure we don't have mentally ill sociopaths running our country.

You like guns huh?

Slight over-reaction mate, I don't trust politicians much but how could anyone in that position actually sit back and do nothing after Sandy Hook?

Forget false flag theories etc., it is simply impossible to disarm America, but something had to be done

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Forget false flag theories etc., it is simply impossible to disarm America, but something had to be done

That is probably what the Russians, Chinese and Cubans thought also......

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

They could not even enforce the Natural Born Citizen requirement...btw the issue of Hawaii vs Kenya was a distraction - the real issue is that his mother was a minor and his dad was NOT a US citizen (unless his real dad is Frank Marshall, a known communist, that is).

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Come and take them

The good news is if they do this under preventing murder and murders still happen; as they do in every country that has taken the guns, They will all be deemed "Insane" as Albert Einstein defines it...

Murders happens, just A LOT less using guns.

Example, Canada.

In my life, i never saw a shooting or heard a shot, there were 2 shooting in news, one of them just gang members, 2nd one, 1 civilian... thats over like 10 yrs period.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

No, obama is a traitor to the Constitution and the principles of the United States of America. There is a given penalty for treason in time of war. It should be administered immediately after his impeachment which should have started already. The fact that it has not renders the house complicit in his treason.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

That is probably what the Russians, Chinese and Cubans thought also......

Take it out on the people who abused the Second Amendment privileges mate, I know it's like school, one guilty pupil means the whole class gets punished but hey, something was always gonna be done

And you forgot Nazi Germany
, and NO other country loves guns as much as the U.S.A.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I think your comment about putting him to death to be a bit over the top,It's a completely unscrupulous statement.I think putting certain clowns behind bars for their abuse of administration is however the sensible thing to do,..."war huh....what is it good for.........absolutely nothing.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Take it out on the people who abused the Second Amendment privileges mate, I know it's like school, one guilty pupil means the whole class gets punished but hey, something was always gonna be done
They ARE NOT PRIVILEGES! The second amendment is a God given right. The Constitution does not restrict the people. It is supposed to restrict the government.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Kind of weird right now. I'm a dutiful rah-rah citizen of the United States, paying taxes since I was 18 and barely so much as a speeding ticket, and to think I might be faced with a class one felony tomorrow at 11:45 even though nothing will have changed from this morning, my representatives to the United States Congress would have had no involvement, my state legislature would have had no involvement, my governor would have had no involvement, my county sheriff and city mayor would have had no involvement. No one would have do anything except President Obama.

Will I be an enemy of my county, state, or country? Or just an enemy of the President?

link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus

I think your comment about putting him to death to be a bit over the top,It's a completely unscrupulous statement.I think putting certain clowns behind bars for their abuse of administration is however the sensible thing to do,..."war huh....what is it good for.........absolutely nothing.

It absolutely is not over the top. obama has committed/is committing treason during time of war. The penalty for that has been around for a long time.

link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

They could not even enforce the Natural Born Citizen requirement...btw the issue of Hawaii vs Kenya was a distraction - the real issue is that his mother was a minor and his dad was NOT a US citizen (unless his real dad is Frank Marshall, a known communist, that is).

I'll take Davis for $100.

There are definite reasons I dropped all interest in the Birther argument. I think the question got answered and he's true blue American alright....with a BIG red streak running down his back and into early childhood. Don't mind me though. At this rate, his Highness will decree that criticism of the Government or himself is a criminal act. After all, President Wilson DID just that during his reign in the early 20th century, It wouldn't even be unprecedented. I'll bet Obama gets to looking at the King of Thailand and HIS protections with envy.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I don't believe in God so it's a privilege as far as I'm concerned

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Dear leader and his regime have already shown themselves to be our enemy. We are at war. The citizens of this nation are under attack by the regime. The only question is WILL we fight back?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join