It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Questions: One on video software, One on Notebooks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have a couple of questions that diverge but I'm just going to ask them both here rather than start more than one thread.

1. Does anyone know of a video player (software) that one can set to "loop" and to count the loops? this could be either by presenting the total number of loops as a running count or by a setting that one could employ to make the player play a given number of loops before stopping.

2. Does anyone have any recommendations for a notebook sized laptop with 2-3 ghz. processor and at least 6 gigs of RAM? I'm talking specs and reliability.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
1: yes
2: no

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Do I need to get our attornies and bankers together or are you just going to name the product sought in number 1? Hopefully you are.
edit on 15-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Simple solution would be to note the length of the video and the amount of time you let it run.
Time divided by length gets you the amount of loops.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I've tried that. It works, but I've found some anomalies on one of my laptops in doing this. Over a large number of loops irregularities creep in and I'm not sure why. It might have something to do with the buffering process. No problem on my desktop which has 6 Gigs of RAM, but I envision using my laptop for the procedure, 2 Gig RAM limit.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
nah sorry I dont know lol I was just having a laugh with you

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I kinda thought so. I doubt if this software even exists outside the MKUltra lab.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I dont know of any player that can loop and count the loops but maybe if you explained why you want a player that can do this i might be able to think of a workaround or alternative that may be of some use to you

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I want to brainwash myself into becoming even more of a saint than I already am by playing, over and over and over, a video clip of ET telling me to "Be goooood."

I want to be able to calibrate my goodness against number of loops played. What can I say, there's a "stats" side to me.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Im not sure you're being serious but if you are then you could download a player that you can set to continuous loop. Then set a stopwatch going when you start to listen and click it off when you stop listening. Divide the total time by the length of whatever you played to find out how many times you have heard it.

Heres an online stop watch www.online-stopwatch.com...

VLC player has a loop feature www.videolan.org...

edit on 15-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Thanks. I appreciate the trouble you have gone to, but in this particular case I am hoping that someone knows of a player with this feature.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
how about just making a playlist with like 100 items of the same video?
VLC can do that pretty easy.

VLC also supports extensions/plugins, so maybe you could even write an extension to count loops.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Bingo!! And thankyou.

Once again the members show me just how dumb I am. Very much appreciated. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join